• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Tough time finding TE Griso

Only made in 2011, doubtful if any new ones are left. They are known as the Griso Tenni SE not as a TE Griso. Mine gets compliments all the time.

I really can't criticize folks who buy a m/c based on color as I won't buy one that isn't Italian and red. :lol:

That said, while I (think I) understand the appeal of the green things, have you seen one of the black versions "in the flesh."

Very different than the pix and very appealing. Adds even more growl to the Griso.

Bill

Green is keen, but Black is beautiful. :cool:

8039181969_4ae6b7328f_z.jpg

Perazzimx, that's an interesting question. How much? Here's a comment I sent to one of the folks at the shop that set up my bike last June:

Re the Tenni Green bikes, I personally think Guzzi should have kept the Tenni Green Griso SE in their 2013 lineup. I am absolutely sold with the performance of my bike. However, I doubt that I would have pursued my 2012 GrisoSE if I hadn't found the bike so cosmetically attractive in Tenni Green with the brown saddle.

Not for sale. I hope to ride this beauty for several more years.

IMG_1429small.jpg

Minutes after arriving home from Dahlonega, Georgia

Bob

Another pretty simple option: Get the best deal you can on any color Griso. Take off all the body work. Drop off at good, competent body shop and have them duplicate the Tenni Green paint scheme. Then have the seat recovered to match the brown. All of this can be accomplished more economically than most would expect, especially if you can do some of the work yourself.
I did this with my wife's Ducati Monster. Got a great deal on a plain white one. Took all the body work off and prepped it for paint myself(basically just a scotch brite pad rub down), dropped it off at my friend's shop - a few days later picked up amazing looking body work that was even better looking than what she fell in love with(Mach 1 Art kit). Cost me just under $300.

I used to be plain boring white:
73012025.jpg

kmac33 said:
Another pretty simple option: Get the best deal you can on any color Griso. Take off all the body work. Drop off at good, competent body shop and have them duplicate the Tenni Green paint scheme. Then have the seat recovered to match the brown. All of this can be accomplished more economically than most would expect, especially if you can do some of the work yourself.
I did this with my wife's Ducati Monster. Got a great deal on a plain white one. Took all the body work off and prepped it for paint myself(basically just a scotch brite pad rub down), dropped it off at my friend's shop - a few days later picked up amazing looking body work that was even better looking than what she fell in love with(Mach 1 Art kit). Cost me just under $300.

I used to be plain boring white:
73012025.jpg
[/quote

Have you ever priced factory spoked wheels for the Griso? This alone will add around $3,000 to your project.

"Have you ever priced factory spoked wheels for the Griso? This alone will add around $3,000 to your project."
In the USA I am pretty sure the ONLY new model Griso you can buy has spoked wheels.
No need to add them. Although I prefer the silver and black paint scheme, all you would have to do is get the plastic painted as mentioned, along with the seat recovered.
I would hope instead of painting the silver and black body work you would trade it for a set of black or better yet red body work to be painted. I am sure you could find someone to swap with.

GuzziMoto said:
"Have you ever priced factory spoked wheels for the Griso? This alone will add around $3,000 to your project."
In the USA I am pretty sure the ONLY new model Griso you can buy has spoked wheels.
No need to add them. Although I prefer the silver and black paint scheme, all you would have to do is get the plastic painted as mentioned, along with the seat recovered.
I would hope instead of painting the silver and black body work you would trade it for a set of black or better yet red body work to be painted. I am sure you could find someone to swap with.

I think the point of the guy with the Ducati was to buy cheaper version like any standard 8V ZGriso and tart it up with a little paint. I don't think his intent would be to take a brand new black devil and hit it with Krylon.

The point was not to "buy a cheaper version and tart it up". The point was that it is not that expensive or difficult to change the color scheme on a Griso (or any other motorcycle), to get the exact color scheme or look that you want. If someone has fallen in love with the Tenni Green paint scheme and can't find one for sale, there are other ways to have the bike that looks exactly like you want your bike to look. The OP stated he fell in love with the Tenni Green paint scheme and brown seat - not that he had to have a "Special Edition" Griso.

And there is no "cheaper version" in the USA. There is only the Griso, and it comes in one paint scheme this year, the "Black Devil" silver and black scheme. If he would prefer the green with brown seat of the Tenni it is an easy fix as mentioned. No one is talking about Krylon here , either. You can get a better paint job then the factory does for not a lot of $$$. But be sure to trade that silver and black body work for some red stuff before painting. :mrgreen:

Why would the OP buy a new 2012/13 Griso and make changes to it? When he could get a cheaper version like a standard 2009, 2010 or 2011 8V Griso. They are the same bike mechanically! Then he could break out the Krylon and pleather and tart it up.

In reality the OP didn't even mention entertaining doing a project bike. So the last half of this thread is moot.

Perazzimx14 said:
Why would the OP buy a new 2012/13 Griso and make changes to it? When he could get a cheaper version like a standard 2009, 2010 or 2011 8V Griso. They are the same bike mechanically! Then he could break out the Krylon and pleather and tart it up.

In reality the OP didn't even mention entertaining doing a project bike. So the last half of this thread is moot.

Nah. This is the internet. Nothing is moot or irrelevant on a forum. ;)

Bill

Perazzimx14 said:

It sounded like he was looking for a new Griso in the Tenni green w/brown seat scheme. If he wanted a used bike he could buy a used Tenni or any of the other versions of Griso that have been sold. But as he was looking for a new one, the only version available this year in the USA in the silver and black version. It is not a special version that one would pay a premium for (any more then one pays to buy a Guzzi in the first place). It is just a color scheme. The price for a silver and black Griso is no higher then for any other color, EXCEPT YOU CAN NOT BUY ANY COLOR OTHER THEN THE SILVER AND BLACK VERSION NEW IN 2013.
That said, if you want a new Griso in the USA and you want it green with a brown seat you are probably going to have to do it yourself as all the leftover Tenni's appear to be gone (yes, there were a lot of leftover Tenni's, but I think they have finally sold).
You could paint the silver and black body work whatever color you wished but I would suggest trading it for a more boring set in a solid color as it would be easier to paint. But no one is talking about Krylon from a spray can. WTF?

GuzziMoto said:
Perazzimx14 said:

It sounded like he was looking for a new Griso in the Tenni green w/brown seat scheme. If he wanted a used bike he could buy a used Tenni or any of the other versions of Griso that have been sold. But as he was looking for a new one, the only version available this year in the USA in the silver and black version. It is not a special version that one would pay a premium for (any more then one pays to buy a Guzzi in the first place). It is just a color scheme. The price for a silver and black Griso is no higher then for any other color, EXCEPT YOU CAN NOT BUY ANY COLOR OTHER THEN THE SILVER AND BLACK VERSION NEW IN 2013.
That said, if you want a new Griso in the USA and you want it green with a brown seat you are probably going to have to do it yourself as all the leftover Tenni's appear to be gone (yes, there were a lot of leftover Tenni's, but I think they have finally sold).

You could paint the silver and black body work whatever color you wished but I would suggest trading it for a more boring set in a solid color as it would be easier to paint. But no one is talking about Krylon from a spray can. WTF?

"I can't find the tan green bike anywhere" this is a direct quote from the OP's 1st post. Where does this imply he wants a new bike or wants to piss around with painting & upolstering a new bike. He simply would like a Green Tenni SE.

Back