• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Phantom service light

bobbymoto71

Tuned and Synch'ed
GT Contributor
A few months ago my service warning and red triangle started to appear. So I have been keeping track of all the hows and whys. There really is no pattern. I believe that it may be the cluster itself. But here is all the other routine stuff I have tried. It will not clear by resetting the service or error codes. It has no codes. Even had them scan it at the dealer with light on and no codes. It does not come on while I'm riding. But it is sometimes on when I first turn on the bike. Not always, sometimes, and it doesn't matter if the bike is cold or been running. It goes away sometimes if I cycle the key a couple of times (but not always) or if I ride it for about a mile and then cycle the key. The reason why I think it may be the cluster itself is because it all started one day after I washed the bike. Initially I couldn't get it to clear, like I can now. I also noticed a little condensation inside the cluster screen yesterday when it was cold and damp outside. Any thoughts or experience with this?

Most likely a loose connection on the oil pressure switch. Bit of a bugger to get to and the switch itself may be faulty, as reported by others. The switch is on the L/H side of the motor but up high - need to remove the tank and possibly the airbox to get to it.

Mine does this from time to time and I get rid of it the same way you do.

I suggest removing the LH header pipe, and coming in from the side. You will still need to remove the tank to loosen off the breather hose, but the dreaded airbox can stay intact.

You will also need to remove the crank positioning sensor (careful not to lose any shims under it) and use a ring spanner (wrench) to remove the switch. Replace it with the genuine part number, not just any Guzzi oil switch. Don't ask me how I know this. :oops:

Thank you Tony, I will look into it. I just had the airbox off of it too, cleaning everything and hunting down high idle problem (stepper motor). Will be going back in to install a bypass soon and will replace switch while there. Sad thing is at this point my Harley riding friends are now pointing and laughing at me!! It's a sad state of affairs..lol. It would take a die hard to stay in the game at this rate.. and we will. I hope they have fixed all these issues on the new Norge. Because when people ask me about my Moto Guzzi I'm left telling them about how great my Jackal was.. lol

Good luck with this, I have recently been through this process and unfortunately found that the cause was a failed dash. I would definitely go through the process advised by Tony and Dave (although I never had any success getting to the oil pressure sensor without removing the airbox its worth a try). If you have the misfortune of having to replace the dash you may want to try these guys - http://www.cdidoctor.com/index.php?main ... cPath=3046 for a repair. Here in Australia a new dash is over $1100. Also if you do buy a replacement dash make sure it is for your model, I tried a 1200 sport dash on my Breva and the indicators didn't work, turns out I needed a Norge dash. It has exactly the same functions but obviously has different pin outs.
Here's hoping for a poor pressure sensor connection.

Steve

Yikes..! I haven't priced a new dash yet, but that's what I'm afraid of. Thanks for the input Steve.

Maybe an oil pressure warning due to a broken pump rotor?? Mine only came on cold,50% of the time but a new pump stopped that.
Cheers

Averb,
Here stateside a new dash is is around $670 (still ouch). Oil pressure switch is $17. I think I will try that first..lol

We're talking about the red triangle light and the SERVICE message on the display, right?

This happens randomly on my recently acquired 06 Griso with no set pattern. I also have checked the codes and found none. The light always goes off after a while, again with no set pattern.

I assumed this was simply a 'feature' B)

I'm pretty sure it's not a feature.. if it is it sure is a crappy one..lol. If I figure it out i will definetley post about it

def not a feature. more like a dodgz supplier of sensors. i have one on it's way, as i am doing a 50,000 km service and had the airbox out to fix an annoying oil leak from the crank angle sensor.

I had to fix that leak too!.. on again about how great that Jackal was..lol.. but when ole red is runnin she sure is fast and purdy!

Random red triangle service light could be the O2 sensor, it was on my Breva.

Back