• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Any more Nuovo Falcone owners?

mickyvee_2010

Tuned and Synch'ed
As a new member, but a long time Guzzi owner, I was wondering if there are any NF owners out there. I am lucky enough to own a 1971 carabinieri issue, in dark blue, with just 13,000km up! Not the fastest kid on the block, but probably the most charming! About as far away as you could get, from my 1200 Griso!

Congrats. Pictures?!

My good friend in Santa Monica, CA owns one. Bought from Paul at Guzzino.com

Sorry, but posting pics is way beyond my absolutely rock bottom computer skills. I don't even know how to get pics from my camera into the computer! I know, I know, I need to go on a course, but the one at my public library, is massively over subscribed. Maybe someday a Kind hearted 10 year old will show me!

OK, well if you can get it off of your camera and send to me, I can post it for you.

This is Michael's NF (he's on the right);

Attachments

• MW-NF.jpeg
    MW-NF.jpeg
    114.1 KB · Views: 1,268
This ex-carabineri Nuovo Falcone belongs to my friend Sue. I've had the pleasure of riding it a few times and it is wonderful fun.....a very laid back ride and possibly the most comfortable bike I've ever ridden. It is very original & even has a carabineri fire extinguisher mounted on the other side, but the passenger seat and top box are non-standard additions. It's her one deviation from her usual small block Guzzis: a V35 Imola, a 750 Strada and a 750 Breva.

Falcone.jpg

Just as an after thought....in the picture of Sue's N.Falcone you will see it's in rather exclusive company. There's a 4 pipe Ariel Square Four behind it and a Series D Vincent Black Knight behind that!

:!: How unusual! I see that you once owned a MkV LeMans, and an ISDT MZ! Well guess what. So did I! What a small world. Not a day goes by, that I don't think about my MkV. Why I sold it I'll never know. I fitted alloy timing gears, a Corbin seat, RITA ignition, and had numerous parts powder coated. I fitted Keihan stainless exhausts, and a light throttle kit, and rode to my local rolling road merchants. Half an hour spent playing with various jets resulted in 77 rwhp! It used to go very well indeed, and my later V11 didn't feel much faster! My MZ was just a beast, and I didn't really appreciate it at the time (late 70's). I've removed the leg shields and the rear seat from my NF, but I'd really like to find a double barrel silencer. Mine has a BSA one fitted. Runs ok though!

Glad to hear about the others out there. Mine is a `71 Civile model and I fell in love with the looks from the first time I saw one. Heavily tuned but it have made a lot of troble for me from that, I still love to ride it as it is very light and manouverable and easy going.
IM000474.jpg

Ripon,North Yorkshire...
Came by a '71 Ex Military (everything green), low km's ,with British Swallow sidecar chassis with Ural/Dneiper military
body...had to bring it home..it's hilarious...kids love it, tho' prob. not as much as me.....I could sit on a box & look at that engine for hours....they don't make them like they used to...!

I wanted one for a long time. At first, I thought I wanted the older Falcone. I put ina few bids on one or two being auctioned over the years but I never got serious about it. Then, I decided that I'd prefer the newer Nuovo Falcone. They are rare as chickens' teeth but one popped up and I got it.

To be honest, it was not totally as I expected. Maybe I should say it turned out not to be what I expected to expect it would be. It has grown on me now and I really enjoy plodding about on it. One must just realign their ideas of speed and power.

I've had 2 for about ten years, and I absolutely love them. The engines are quite different in character - the cam in the dark blue one is different. Why, I don't know. It pulls better, revs out really well (90kph in 2nd) and is smooth. I have a set of vintage white fibreglass Rickman panniers fitted on an original NF pannier frame. How did I do it? I butchered a set or original tin panniers to salvage the shock absorber indent and grafted that into the Rickmans - sacrilege I know, but it means they fit tight and close to the bike. Minor mods to the bikes include 60w halogen H4 headlight bulbs, double-lipped PTFE crank end feed oil seal, new advance bob-weights for correct timing advance, one bike is twin-plugged, one bike has a Mikuni 34mm flatslide. Long tours deep into France on hidden 'D' roads with tent and sleeping bag are its metier. I have no desire to own any other motorcycle....

:( Unfortunately, whilst attending a Guzzi rally, someone offered me a vast amount of money for my NF. As I was suffering terribly from my shoulder issues, and finding the weight to be a problem, I accepted. I used the money to buy a '72 Suzuki Hustler! The complete opposite of a Falcone, but I loxe it!

Back