• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Griso Luggage....

AAAltered468

Tuned and Synch'ed
I remember going through a luggage thread that was loaded with good info, tips, links, and pictures.

Now I'm sitting here thinking about touring and how to set up me Griso 1100 and researching options and I cannot find the thread.

Was I dreaming or was it lost on the old site?

Thanks
Ed in NJ

I had the same dream. I can remember Pete Ropers griso with some soft luggage on it, as well as a few others. Me? I just bungee a big bag to the passenger seat and as long as it don`t fall off, don`t worry what it looks like, if you can see your lugage when your travelling, you`ve fallen off!:laugh:

I would normally just strap stuff on their too. But I am thinking about forgoing Mid Ohio this year and taking a long trip. I am considering NJ to Nova Scotia and maybe on to Newfoundland, easily a 3000 round trip. (Nick - you interested???) With a trip liek that I need to do it correctly.

Since the luggage thread was only a dream, I guess this is the new one.

I see three options:
- Install (insert brand name here) Hard Luggage - NOT! I wont be installing permanently ugly side racks on the G....

- Soft luggage all around - Tail bag, panniers, tank bag. Then install an OEM tail rack to strap on a tent/bag.

- I have come across a nice looking system from Ventura. Is is specifically engineered for each bike and they have a Griso setup. What I like is once you mount the rear frame, you can interchange a tall rack for their bag, with a shelf for the tent and when you are home a low rack for strapping on a six pack.

Comments and suggestions are desired.

Ed in NJ

A buddy of mine used that system on his Griso when we all rode from Seattle to the National in Malibu. He loved it.

Here is what I'm currently using.

images

Happy holidays all.

Pete

pete roper wrote:
Here is what I'm currently using.

images

Happy holidays all.

Pete
Doesn`t that colour clash with the 8v Pete? or does it cantrast just nicely with the white griso and white stilletoes.:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Hello;

These fabric bags are great. Good for a 4 or 5 day trip. (if you only need to change your skivvies.)

griso1.jpg

They even protected the bike in a spill last year.....

Pete, Love the bag.. do you have shoes to match??

This is a favorite of mine; Bag-Connections Cargo Tail Bag from www.twistedthrottle.com. It will hold everything you would need for an extended holiday and there are bungees and attachment points on the out side of the bag. Click on the photo to enlarge it.

I have soft luggage from my sprint ST and they fit well. I havent used other bags b4 so the following features maybe on all

1. Expandable - easily fits a 10L fuel can in each
2. water proofing covers built in.

luggage.jpg

Hi

They are Cortech bags...

http://www.tourmaster.com/xcart/product ... ductid=149

HOWEVER...

If I were to buy again, I would also consider the Ortlieb fully waterproof bags...

http://www.ortlieb.com/_prod.php?lang=e ... packtasche

But I would have to check them to see if they would fit. ...

The Cortech bags as small enough that they hang above the muffler. The Ortliebs look like they may hit.

The Cortech come with rain covers that blow off above 60 mph :blink: so I just use plasitc bags inside.

The Cortech were VERY inexpensive...

The only two pictures I have at hand of my Oxford Sports 40l saddle bag:

IMG_0238.JPG

IMG_0239.JPG

that's the bag in its most compact form; main and side compartments extend over about 10cm if necessary. It comes with a rain cover, but so far, it seems to be waterproof enough of itself.

I traveled with the Ventura setup from Seattle to San Diego and back during the National. This setup worked great. The bag was on and off the bag with two clips and the mounting gear can be swapped out in about 10 minutes.

Plenty of room on the back of the rack to lash on a tent and sleeping bag.

SDC10180.JPG

SDC10267.JPG

I've used an Ortlieb roll on the rack on several bikes. It has proven totally w/proof and has the advantage of being quick to wash off road cack on bikes where the rear guard has not been up to snuff (or indeed pretty much non existent).

What I'd like is a Bagster harness for the tank. I see they list one for the Bellagio but not the Griso. Anyone know if they plan to do one?

I did not see anyone mention Guzzi branded soft luggage. I roll with the soft side cases and they are decent for those mid-range trips. With the hardware in place, the bags can easily be added or removed from your Griso. Guzzi includes carrying straps and rain protecting covers as a bonus.

These bags have a key locking mechanism that keeps people from outright stealing your gear. Of course, anyone can pop a zipper seam with a knife or a key if they really want in.

Since I do not do long distance rides, I am thinking about buying this seat bag. It looks like it might fit. I like the style and storage capacity.

http://www.jpcycles.com/productgroup.as ... All&page=1

Here is a pic. of a Red Griso from a demo day that is sporting the soft Guzzi side bags.

Yikes!! I'm about ready to order the factory Guzzi carrier kit. Could strap a lot of stuff on that. But nobody has talked about it. Am I about to make a costly (for me, anyway) mistake? -Henry

Hello all, I am new to the forum. Thanks to Todd and Mike at MPH for the Griso. Great guys and a great shop.

I was looking at some luggage as well and I like the Ventura system mentioned above. Thanks for a ll the posts on this topic.

I pulled this from their site: http://www.cycleventure.com/products/pa ... /index.htm

"To get you on the road with your new Ventura Aerodynamic Bike-Pack System just as easily as possible we have put together a Tour Kit that contains all the items you will need to get started. Included in this kit are the custom-engineered L-Brackets, a Pack-Rack, a Sport-Rack and a 51 liter Aero-Pack - all for the unbeatable price of just $375.00 ($385 for chrome) plus $16.00 shipping and handling. "

Anyone price the Moto Guzzi semi-rigid mounted panniers yet? They look identical to the Aprilia bags that were available for the Falco a few years back. If so, I'll vouch for their superb quality and I think they were priced in the $450 range. I am trying to see from photos whether they would conflict with the Ventura mounting system as well.

Last, I worked at a shop in San Diego that carried Rex Marsee's gear which was top notch. He would come in and measure up the bikes for application and also let us demo some gear for feedback. He mostly offered magnetic tank bags but he appears to have a wide array of things now including tank bags with a nice new map pocket design.

This looks pretty sharp and mounts on a fuel tank bracket. I sent him a note to see if he makes a bracket for Guzzi fuel caps.
http://marseeproducts.homestead.com/

Cheers,
Jason Lewis

Back