• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

What did you do to your Moto Guzzi today?

I changed my oils for the 7.5k service. It was a bit of a hassle to replace the gearbox plug as I had to play with the exhaust crossover tube. Any tips here? I also replaced the round reflected with one I bought online. I like it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 662
richardp said:
It was a bit of a hassle to replace the gearbox plug as I had to play with the exhaust crossover tube. Any tips here?

You bet. Loosen the clamps on the crossover pipe and rotate it away from the drain plug. There should be enough slack in the O2 sensor wire to allow you to move it quite a bit.

I got some Radiantz color-changing LEDs for my Griso's body for Christmas. Finally got those installed a few weeks ago and it looks great. I love the "morph" setting.

Most exciting for me, though, I took him out for a ride this afternoon on a back road I've done before. However, I'm a newbie and the LAST time I was out that way, the bike got away from me while I was stopped at a light on a steeply banked part of the road. I ended up dropping it at the light and then even more humiliatingly struggling to get it back upright and running again. THIS time, though, I caught the same light again and did it with no problems. I know I doesn't sound like much of an accomplishment but that stupid light has been a monkey on my back and screwing up my confidence for weeks, so it felt really good to "fix" it.

Finished my winter bike service today. The TPS and TB were still spot on after 4k miles. CARC guzzi are great - can't wait for my next ride.

Dulcenea said:
THIS time, though, I caught the same light again and did it with no problems.
Looks like Don Quixote was topped by Dulcenea by beating a ferocious giant (windmill)! ;) Congrats! Guzzis are great handling bikes - tend to help improve skills.

Rafael said:
Looks like Don Quixote was topped by Dulcenea by beating a ferocious giant (windmill)!

Ha! Yes, I was happy to keep my tilting at windmills to a minimum today!

figaro said:
Dulcenea said:
Sadly, I'm going to have to find and fit a mid-size windshield though. Pretty much all of my riding is done at 70+ mph freeway speeds and the wind is killing my neck after a while. Suggestions appreciated!

Looks like the Givi A770 is the screen of choice. I've got a little Puig screen that does a reasonable job too.

Looks like Parabellum has a couple of options now.

I trucked my Breva 11 to The Motocycle Shop in Watertown, SD for a late-winter laying on of hands by the professionals. I do routine maintenance but believed it was time for a real Guzzi mechanic to have a look around the bike. Also finally having the Mana handlebar I bought long ago installed; and the bike had sprung an oil leak on my last Fall ride. For transport I bought a Baxley Sport Chock and the Cycle Cynch recommended by MPH in Houston, and a U-Haul motorcycle trailer. A nice, stable combination. With any luck I'll get a refreshed Breva back just in time for spring. By the way, the shop owner told me he was just back from the 1400/new 750 service school in California.

Hi,

today I went to a Guzzi parts market in a little place not to far from me.
Meeting some Guzzi friends for the first time this year.
Springtime is going to start overhere, but the roads still are quite salty.
So my G12 stays in so far.
I'm busy with my G12, cleaning and blocking the steppermotor and minor other things.
And I bought a Moto Guzzi helmet today at TLM in Nijmegen, a very good Guzzi dealer.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 530
Yesterday I added on the windshield (the ever-elusive Givi 770) I bought from a fellow forum member. Looks good and went on easily. I can't wait to try it out and get it painted to match.

Attachments

• 2013MarchGrisoedit.jpg
    2013MarchGrisoedit.jpg
    409.5 KB · Views: 730
Nuthin.
I just cried tears all over the photos of the Guzzi I sold .
We all make mistakes , I know , but this one of mine is BIG!!!!
Now Im just lookin again .
Supaflee

Supaflee said:
We all make mistakes

Well, now I feel better about stripping an occasional thread. Nothing like an example real misery to set me straight.

Keep hunting, something will come up.

Same as yesterday and the day before that , just sat around and sobbed .
No Guzzi ,,,,,,,,,thats why. blub blub blubber blub.
BUT , Im lookin .!!!!!
Supaflee

Rode 200 break in miles. Adjusted toe of shifter. Removed the trunk to figure out a method of mounting that pulls box rearward over an inch. Replace d missing pannier rack nut.

Vivo

I live close to the beach so almost everyday after work, I will jump on my Breva and take a ride to the beach. It gives me a chance to ride and also to check out the ocean.

IMG_0394_Snapseed.jpg

oceanluvr30 said:
I live close to the beach so almost everyday after work, I will jump on my Breva and take a ride to the beach. It gives me a chance to ride and also to check out the ocean.

IMG_0394_Snapseed.jpg

That a cool picture of a really nice bike.

Back