• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

"ULTIMA EDIZIONE" LEMANS . WHERE ARE THEY ??

GTM®

Administrator
Staff member
GT di Razza Pura
Registry based on Supaflee's post below. Add yours and any info you stumble on below.

15 - Holland : for sale 4750.00 euro
21 - Holland
24 - UK
27 - Australia
28 - Australia - @Shrek - Pic below
32 - Australia ( no fairing ,parts missing ,$7500.00 AU )
34 - Australia ( for sale on behalf of another customer) by Mario @ Thunder-bikes in Perth WA.
40 - Denmark
45 - Australia - @MDetails - Info below
54 - New Zealand. My own, Supaflee - Frame number V V 16991(3rd to last frame number for the Ultima Edizione)
55 - Austraila - Purchased by Guzzinutt? from Mario at Thunder-bikes in Perth WA.
56 - Australia
59 - USA
60 - Australia
61 - Australia
67 - France
70 - Australia
73 - Australia
93 - UK now USA
96 - USA
97 - Holland for sale 5490.00 euro

I found one here in New Zealand recently , but it sold before I could take delivery.
I know that # 24 is in UK , and #56 is in Aussie , and 17 went to USA as new bikes in the early 90's.
Are there any others around ?
Supaflee

Mine was 93/100. Over the years I've also seen 3 others here in the UK. They were all "high numbers" in the 80s & 90s out of the 100 made. Because of this I always suspected the Ultima Edizione plates were fitted at the last moment before the bikes were dispatched to a particular market, hence all the UK ones being so close together numerically. But if you know number 24 is here in the UK either that theory is wrong, unless it was imported into the UK from another country.

I really regret selling mine. It was still tight and un-run in when I got it. It had had 6 owners over 8 years and together they had only racked up 14500 miles. I guess none of them could get on with the Guzzi 'characteristics' so never kept it long. I was determined to master it and did. By the time I sold it I had thoroughly sorted it out and it was running really well. I'd put another 30,000 miles on it and sold it for exactly what I'd paid for it.....but within minutes I was cursing my stupidity! Ever since I've kept an eye on the ads in case it ever comes up for sale again and considered other LMVs but I've never taken that route because I know it is unlikely to be as good as mine was and wouldn't want to be disappointed.

Hi Will , thanks for the info . The person I got the info from in UK is Chris Bunce .
He's at , csbclassicsuperbikes.co.uk
and www,classicsuperbikes.co.uk
I fully understand your feeling about regret.
Dammmmmit.
Regards Supaflee

Supaflee said:
I found one here in New Zealand recently , but it sold before I could take delivery.
I know that # 24 is in UK , and #56 is in Aussie , and 17 went to USA as new bikes in the early 90's.
Supaflee

Technically speaking, the seventeen 1991 bikes that came to the USA are: 1000 LeMans CI.

They have red frames and wheels with metallic black bodywork, which is unique to these bikes.

They are not Ultima Editions.

rocker59 said:
Supaflee said:
Supaflee

Technically speaking, the seventeen 1991 bikes that came to the USA are: 1000 LeMans CI.

They have red frames and wheels with metallic black bodywork, which is unique to these bikes.

They are not Ultima Editions.

By coincidence there was an article about the last Le Mans exported to USA in the February issue of Real Classic Motorcycle magazine. It included some interesting information from Fran Contaldi who had been president of Moto America at the time and responsible for the red frame/black bodywork bikes ending up in the USA. He says the frames were painted red by mistake! It seems in 1991 to fill the gap before the Daytona was available the factory offered him a batch of Le Mans built from their remaining stock of parts. He agreed and ordered 34 of them: 17 red and 17 black.....but ended up getting 17 red & black ones with the other half of the shipment being made up with 17 of the new retro styled 1000S.

These 17 Le Mans are the CI version but are not the same limited edition as the European market 'Ultima Edizione' although they did have numbered plaques on the top of the forks. The article implies these said 'Last Edition' not 'Ultima Edizione' but annoyingly the only photo of the top of the forks has been cropped so the plate isn't visible so I can't be certain. I hazard a guess the mechanical differences between the two limited editions are minimal except perhaps for concessions to US emissions laws.

The article says the 'Ultima Edizione' were made at the behest of the Dutch importer in 1992. I don't know what happened next but my one wasn't road registered until 1994 so I guess there was possibly a delay between the order and delivery as the factory would probably have been building Daytonas & Centauros by then. Of course by this time the Le Mans was definitely an old fashioned bike so mine could have sat in a showroom unsold for 2 years but I think all the other 'Ultima Edizione' bikes I've seen were also registered about the same time and all of them have had red frames and bodywork.

Heck this is interesting stuff. Thanks for all the input .
I wonder if the translation between the American Importer and the Italians had anything to do with 17 black and 17 red , becoming 17 black and red .
There certainly seems to have been a bit of shuffling around of surplus parts and frames at about that time .
( By sheer coincidence , thismorning, an hour ago , I got a contact for the Dude that now owns the 1992 Ultima Edizione Guzzi #54 which I thought I owned , but dont .)
So , did the 17 which went to America have 40mm dellortos and 47mm inlet valves and 44mm exhausts , and the B10 camshaft ?
Regards Supaflee

Yes! According to the magazine article it was the language barrier that caused the "mistake" over the colours. As all USA orders were for 34 bikes (which was what a shipping container would hold) it's amazing the factory didn't question the details and just filled it up with 17 1000'S' that hadn't been ordered instead! It also mentions that the factory had problems re-painting their stock of standard red bodywork black for the order so the finish on some of the bikes was not very good. It also says the camshaft was B10 with the big carbs & valves. Apparently the 'CI' designation stands for Carburatori Ineizione (ineizione = injection, so carbs not fuel injectors).

My '91 LeMans:

LM-v-M.jpg

Rocker , have you heard of elder abuse ? This is like some new form of torture for me , lookin at your nice V. That is sooooooo cool .
Have I told you lately how cruel you can be , did you annoy flies as a kid ?
Betcha as a kid ,when you were asked if you wanted a lick of someone's icecream , that YOU TOOK A BIG BITE , and ran like hell .
Im going away somewhere quiet now so I can weep in peace .
*(^^#$#@$#@^*&^&(&)*)= none of it was nice .
Supaflee

Since very recently when I finally secured my own Ultima Edizione , Number 54 she's a 1993, ( apparently they all are ) , I've been looking to see whereabouts the others are scattered .
I wonder just how many of the original 100 ever produced are still surviving ? I had a bit of a guess that of the original 100 there maybe only half , say 50 remaining , in which case these are rare .
So far Number ,
15 Holland ( for sale 4750.00 euro
21 Holland
24 - UK
27 - Australia
40 -Denmark
54 - New Zealand. My own , Frame number V V 16991(3rd to last frame number for the Ultima Edizione )
56 - Australia
59 - USA
60 - Australia
61 - Australia
70 - Australia
73 - Australia
93 - UK
96 - USA
97 Holland for sale 5490.00 euro
Do you know of any others on this planet ?? Add them on to the list , this will get really interesting .
If I come across any more I'll just edit them into this list for you all to see .
Supaflee

G'Day All, there is one on Ebay Australia for $7,500 Aussie dollars. Nice looking bike. Regards Sailor. :lol: :lol:

Yep , sure , but it's been buggered around with . Where is the fairing, bars , and there's a whole lot of other stuff no there , nah , not even interested in that sort of thing . I think its Number 32/100.
Thanks anyway . Regards Supaflee

Since very recently when I finally secured my own Ultima Edizione , Number 54 she's a 1993, ( apparently they all are ) , I've been looking to see whereabouts the others are scattered .
I wonder just how many of the original 100 ever produced are still surviving ? I had a bit of a guess that of the original 100 there maybe only half , say 50 remaining , in which case these are rare .
So far Number ,
15 Holland ( for sale 4750.00 euro
21 Holland
24 - UK
27 - Australia
40 -Denmark
54 - New Zealand. My own , Frame number V V 16991(3rd to last frame number for the Ultima Edizione )
56 - Australia
59 - USA
60 - Australia
61 - Australia
70 - Australia
73 - Australia
93 - UK
96 - USA
97 Holland for sale 5490.00 euro
Do you know of any others on this planet ?? Add them on to the list , this will get really interesting .
If I come across any more I'll just edit them into this list for you all to see .
Supaflee
67 is in France. There are reportedly only two of them over there. I don't know the number of the other one.

Yep , sure , but it's been buggered around with . Where is the fairing, bars , and there's a whole lot of other stuff no there , nah , not even interested in that sort of thing . I think its Number 32/100.
Thanks anyway . Regards Supaflee

Hi guy`s, This is good stuff to read and I have some info that will help, I have just agreed to Purchase number 55/100 from Mario at Thunder-bikes in Perth WA.
He also has number 34/100 for sale on behalf of another customer. However this bike has travelled a lot of k`s and has been played with as you can see in the photos.
I am sure I have got the best one, mine has only 45,k`s and is in very good condition as was a one owner machine. I will post photo`s in about 3-4 weeks when the bike arrives as it takes that time for transport. I had a MK1V at one time so I know there is no way in hell I would even contemplate a trip from Perth to Melbourne on a LeMans, I would end up a cripple.
I ride my Mk111 1000 California for trips like that!
Oh yes forgot to say both these bikes are at http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/bass...zzi-le-mans-1000-ultima-editzione-/1076296105 but you cant have mine, it`s sold.
Regards

Supaflee

Hi Supaflee
I have No 28 here in Australia.
Bought it new in 1993 and have covered 150,000 km.
My mate also has one here but i dont know what number.
Shrek

Last edited:
Is this list still growing ? #45 is alive & well with its original owner, also in Australia - looks like we must have had a passion for them in the 90's - or the exchange rate was favourable.

Image No 27 still looks fit and youthful with 47,000 km,s
She is back on the market here in Oz and demanding a decent price.
I doubt it had anything to do with the exchange rate as i paid $15000 au back 1993.

Back