• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Is my dealer screwing me?

onefastman

Just got it firing!
I am about to buy a V7 racer but they are saying that moto guzzi sold it to them at almost 150% msrp. I have been in the automotive business for quite some time and I find it hard to believe.

Ferrari sells all their cars at sticker to the customer even if the market is higher than that (458 is an example).

Also this is a euro bike so they are saying that it is because of the options such as the chrome tank which they say is $1000 more.

Should I call moto guzzi and ask?

They have always been very good to me and I have never had a reason to do anything but follow blindly but this seems absurd to me...

Advice please!

I simply can't fathom any of what they're telling you. I can imagine someone wanting a Ferrari 458 Italia and paying top dollar to beat out the next guy.
Piaggio did *not* sell it to them for anything other then dealer cost (and perhaps additional shipping if it was somewhere else). Edit: I just noticed you're in St. Louis, chrome tanks are not available from the factory in the U.S., so perhaps they brought one in, or had it done (so the cost may be valid if indeed it does have a chrome tank).
MSRP, freight, set up, tax, etc is logical and very fair IMO, however it is a very limited production model (<50 in the US as a guess right now).
However, that said, if they have what you want, up to you... and don't look back either way.

My dealer Moto-Nexus sold 2 Racers. I will find out today what they sold them for and post back tonight ;)

Bill

Take a look at other dealers and see what the Racers are selling for.

Shipping across country is about $600, or you could fly out and ride one back home. A nice adventure.

Joe

P.S. You're in St Louis? I grew up in University City. Out in New England now.

I brought mine at MSRP (deposit down back in May), not paying a penny more or not a penny less, of course plus fridge/PDI and tax. probably the dealership you deal with want to make some extra $$$ because all the V7 Racer are pre-sold. There's nothing wrong with that but moto guzzi sell to them at 150% of MSRP is BS

Thank you for all the advice and words!

Anyone else out there own one of these?

Also, any advice as to how I should approach it? They are sticking to their story that it's the price they were sold it for. When I asks if they would call to complain they said they would but in a way that made me think they wouldn't and when I said oh that's ok, I'll call and complain the rep snapped back, no that's ok! I'll do it!

I couldn't imagine in my wildest dreams that any company would bump cost to 150% on the same year and model.

My next question is what is the implication for the dealer. I don't want them to get their franchise away and I know how specific Italian car manufactures are with franchises (I assume bikes are the same). If Ferrari found out a dealer was selling new cars and fabricating fake purchase prices to justify it, they would pull their franchise and there would be a law suit from Ferrari and every customer that paid a dime over msrp.

I want to tread carefully but I think I've got to call.

Advice?

If they are screwing you on the price odds are they will on service, Make the call ,E-Mail and write a letter.

I have one of the V7racers, bought it about two months ago. Had to wait some weeks before it arrived (with chrome tank here in Europe) and bought it off course for the srandard price (including the hig Dutch taxes) of 9,900 €

Your 150% sounds like an idiot story, maby originating from the fact that the V7 racer comes in limited numbers and for rare things you can ask whatever you want in a free market.
Still weird, is'n t there an other dealer to get info on regular pice??

Greetz from holland

RoB

To address your shipping question,I have used both Keyboard
http://www.keyboardmotorcycleshipping.com/ and uship http://www.uship.com/ 2 times each w/o any issues.

onefastman said:
Thank you for all the advice and words!

Anyone else out there own one of these?

Also, any advice as to how I should approach it? They are sticking to their story that it's the price they were sold it for. When I asks if they would call to complain they said they would but in a way that made me think they wouldn't and when I said oh that's ok, I'll call and complain the rep snapped back, no that's ok! I'll do it!

I couldn't imagine in my wildest dreams that any company would bump cost to 150% on the same year and model.

My next question is what is the implication for the dealer. I don't want them to get their franchise away and I know how specific Italian car manufactures are with franchises (I assume bikes are the same). If Ferrari found out a dealer was selling new cars and fabricating fake purchase prices to justify it, they would pull their franchise and there would be a law suit from Ferrari and every customer that paid a dime over msrp.

I want to tread carefully but I think I've got to call.

Advice?

Answer to your question, yes he is. Total B.S. I bought my Racer this past fall at MSRP which at that point was 9995. I think they have since raised the MSRP. Go to Moto Guzzi USA website and it lists the MSRP. I bought mine at RoseFarm Classics in Woodstock IL. I think they were getting another Racer in Jan. Might be worth a call to see if they got it in or are getting others. Jim is a straight shooter and sells his bikes at MSRP no more, no less. He delivered the bike to my doorstep and set-up was spot on. Run away from this guy you are talking to NOW.

The last time I talked to Jon Clark at Redline (Yorktown, VA) they had FOUR V7 Racers in stock....MSRP. That was about two weeks ago.

Peter Y.

I've seen two of the chrome tanked bikes bikes leave Fast by Ferracci in PA. I don't know the details on the bikes but my Stelvio was MSRP plus set up and freight costs of $529.00. My extra accessories were discounted and I paid two hours labor to change my mirrors and signals to European spec. On the 13s it required spliting the side covers and re fastening them. Also installed were my heated grips and top box. Overall I think his labor charge very fair.

You should get your exact price from your dealer and call around. Keep in mind if you get a bike elsewhere you still need a good local dealer to service it. Warranty items should be taken care of at any dealer but I once owned a Triumph Speedtriple and the dealer I purchased from went out of business. Only one other dealer was near me and when I brought the bike to them I was told I needed to wait until after their customer work was done since I didn't purchase from them... this other dealer is still in business but I didn't forget how I was treated and have yet to purchase a bike from them...I would but only if I had a chat about the past treatment..
You need a dealer you can trust. Maybe your dealer is good then again they may not be so fair with you.

Vivo

Back