• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

TPS Reset and Tuning nessesary after cannister removal?

renman

Just got it firing!
I am seriously considering removing the cannister from my 09 Stelvio to make some room for aux wiring for horns and lights. I have most all the tupperware off already, and since I am here, I thought why not. My question is after the cannister removal, would I have to retune the bike, such as TPS settings etc. I have read all the posts i could about the procedure but am unclear that additional tuning is necessary. My bike was running flawlessly before i put it up for winter, so would removing the canister change the tune?

Cliff

Edited for clarity.

Two other questions. The Instructions for the 2012 cannister removal; are they the same as for the 2009 ? Also, the vent line that runs up the left hand side of the fuel tank; where does it terminate? The right rubber hose has a clamp and an obvious nipple to reconnect with on the plastic that attaches to the top of the fuel tank. For the life of me I can't find a nipple/connector for the left rubber hose, and it doesn't even look like it was ever attached to anything. It has no deformity to the end of the hose and as i said there is not clamp. What am i missing??

Cliff

The body panels are different, vapor recovery system is the same.

The parts book show the the vapor and spill tubes configuration without the charcoal can. The dump tube is up front, you may want to relocate it to the rear to discharge behind the trans as shown in the diagram.

Both hoses connect to the gas cap frame bolted to the tank. One connects to the high inlet for vapor and the second connect to the spill trough.

Rafael said:

The parts book show the the vapor and spill tubes configuration without the charcoal can. The dump tube is up front, you may want to relocate it to the rear to discharge behind the trans as shown in the diagram. Yep, i have the parts book and the service manual showing the tubes.

Both hoses connect to the gas cap frame bolted to the tank. One connects to the high inlet for vapor and the second connect to the spill trough.
Okay, but what I am saying is that the left rubber tube looks like it was never connected at all given that the vent nipple on the gas cap frame is larger than the inside diameter of the left hose, and the left hose shows no indication of ever being attached. )size distortion, clamp, etc.

Thanks for the reply. I will sort it out as i put it back together this week.

renman said:
Rafael said:

The parts book show the the vapor and spill tubes configuration without the charcoal can. The dump tube is up front, you may want to relocate it to the rear to discharge behind the trans as shown in the diagram. Yep, i have the parts book and the service manual showing the tubes.

Okay, but what I am saying is that the left rubber tube looks like it was never connected at all given that the vent nipple on the gas cap frame is larger than the inside diameter of the left hose, and the left hose shows no indication of ever being attached. )size distortion, clamp, etc.

Thanks for the reply. I will sort it out as i put it back together this week.

If that hose is up by the airbox it is probably the transmission vent hose. Leave it disconnected.

If I remember correctly, the left side one or the cap drainage one is smaller than the tank vent at the fuel pump. Irregardless, just strip out all the vent tubing making sure that you connect between the TBs with a single piece of tubing (keeping it away from the cylinder cause mine was touching and melted), and have them run down just in front of the rear wheel between the frame and engine. Then your good to go. Oh, and the 'tipover' valve? Just something else to clog up. Dump it. :D

Thanks again for the timely reply Cruisin' Guzzista. Will do. Can't wait to get her back together again since spring is just around the corner. New horns, bright aux LED lights, and a cannister removal! Life is good. :cheer:

Cliff

Back