• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Is the 750 Breva the red-headed stepchild of Guzzi?

thundergroin

Just got it firing!
There is not much mention of that model here and it makes me question my wisdom in buying one recently.And accessories/upgrades don't seen to be plentiful ether. :dry:

Thunder,

The answer is "yes" and "no."

Yea, the smallblock get short shrift. But the following for it is close and loyal. There are mods and add ons available, but you have to dig a little deeper.

Harpers just posted some aluminum trinkets, and Ed Milich put out big bore kits. Other stuff is out there too, just ask.

Joe

No reason to regret your purchase....the Breva 750 is a great bike. Bullet proof, easy to ride, quick, stable at speed, great looking and easy to work on, if you feel so inclined. Almost 5000 miles on my 07' Breva which i bought in July and not one issue. My truck hardly gets used....Not sure how much stuff you want to put on yours, but there seems to be enough out there to kit the bike out pretty nicely IMO.

Thanks Joe.I will go back to Harpers for a look and continue my search.After 21 years of riding,I finally bought an '04 as possibly my last bike and an all 'rounder.

sign216 said:
Thunder,

The answer is "yes" and "no."

Yea, the smallblock get short shrift. But the following for it is close and loyal. There are mods and add ons available, but you have to dig a little deeper.

Harpers just posted some aluminum trinkets, and Ed Milich put out big bore kits. Other stuff is out there too, just ask.

Joe

Thanks.
It came with HB color matched cases,touring windshield,lower seat and tankbag.Guzzitech 1" spacer for sump,Thtottlemeister and barbacks.My 1st addition will probably be a topcase.I have seen a few but am open to recommendations for the rack and case.
I may want to add a Griso or Norge soon though but wanted this Breva.

oceanluvr30 said:
No reason to regret your purchase....the Breva 750 is a great bike. Bullet proof, easy to ride, quick, stable at speed, great looking and easy to work on, if you feel so inclined. Almost 5000 miles on my 07' Breva which i bought in July and not one issue. My truck hardly gets used....Not sure how much stuff you want to put on yours, but there seems to be enough out there to kit the bike out pretty nicely IMO.

And as a bonus,we are getting a (st)dealership soon.The shop is adding the MG line and should have their 1st allotment of bikes in a few weeks so no trip to the east coast is necessary.They sent a tech to Calif already .

thundergroin said:
There is not much mention of that model here and it makes me question my wisdom in buying one recently.And accessories/upgrades don't seen to be plentiful ether. :dry:

Dis you try the search function?

Search found 1698 matches

:woohoo:

We did 62,000kms on our '04 Breva and it was faultless. I did all the routine maintenance and I think we dropped it into the dealer once to check the tuning.

Why yes I did.I always search prior to asking,Holt. :roll:
At this point,I am only interested in a topcase & rack.Any suggestions that work well,and before you ask again if I used the search function,Holt,yes I did. :roll:

Holt said:
thundergroin said:

Dis you try the search function?

Search found 1698 matches

:woohoo:

Good boy. Keep it that way. :side:

But:
There is not much mention of that model here
:huh:

As my personal opinion on top boxes probably are without your interrest, I can anyway recommend a glance on either the Givi or the Hepco&Becker sites. Both of them do - or did - manufacture specific racks for the Baby Breva. Guess the boxes are universal.

A bit late replying because I haven't been on here for a while.

I have the colour matched H&B bags with a GIVI top box and it works pretty well. The GIVI box has it's own mounting that works alongside the bag frames without interference, except that when the rear mounting of the bag frames works loose I have to remove the GIVI rack to get an allen key onto it.

The only other issue I have with it is that it shrouds the tail light somewhat. My top box is fitted with a backrest and a little chrome rack that holds my son's tennis racket/violin when I drive him to school.

thundergroin said:
...After 21 years of riding,I finally bought an '04 as possibly my last bike and an all 'rounder.

In March 2013 I bought a 2004 Breva 750 with 6,000 miles. It now has 10,500 miles. Love the bike. Handling is precision and fuel mileage is in the high 50s.

After riding plastic-clad bikes (ST1100, GL1800, ST1300) for a decade the nakedness of the Breva is a wonderful boon to routine maintenance. Less is truly more...

Back