• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

New Griso owner

defun

Just got it firing!
Hi all,
After searching for almost an year to get hold of Tenni green griso I finally found one (just about to give up and buy a monster instead). Loving the bike although I feel it rides quite a bit different from my last bike I guess I need to adjust my riding to suit griso. Still early days for griso with only 800 miles. I been reading old posts to educate myself on griso. Just wanted to say hi to fellow griso owners.
Thanks,

Attachments

• Moto Guzzi Griso.JPG
    Moto Guzzi Griso.JPG
    639.8 KB · Views: 641
Congrats and welcome to the Famiglia & Forum! The LE G8V is certainly a stunner.

You're going to love it. Be sure to get the suspension properly set, and when you're ready to let the horsepower out and allow it to run significantly cooler, happy to be of help.

Looks like CA is gathering a great deal of the Tenni G8Vs. Mine should be on its way this coming week from IL.

Thanks Todd. I'll be contacting you about reflash and what other things it need to run it smooth.
Thanks

Welcome to the Tenni SE club !

PA284092.jpg

Glad your patience finally paid off for you! Congrats on the new beauty!

Congrats to you, and to me. I"m also a new Griso owner in the South bay! The bike is a 2012 with 7K miles. This isn't my first Guzzi, though. That would be my 1972 Eldorado.

IMG_2196_small_zps5cc18e75.jpg

MincerRay,

Nice SE. That looks like a Mistral muffler. Wondering if you had any mounting or clearance issues with the M-G saddlebags?

There is about an inch clearance between the Mistral and MG bag. So far so good. I sure wish the bags were a little bigger, or at least a regular shape to hold my 13" laptop.

-steve

Thanks for the quick reply. I'm getting ready to mount a pair of those bags and was worried the upswept Mistral would cause trouble.

I use an M-G tail bag and rack for commuter runs. My iPad fits inside the bag. On the rare occasions when I need my 17" laptop, I can bungee a messenger bag securely on the rack.

Thanks guys :). I have a question when slowing down in traffic in second gear there is loud noise coming out is this normal and do you guys do rev match when downshifting. I feel the downshifting is not that smooth and engine breaking is pretty severe when slowing down in traffic and anything close to 6k rpm bike vibrates like crazy. It had 600 miles service done. Are these all guzzi's traits or do I need to pay attention to anything.

Thank you.

Hi defun,

The only noise I hear is the clutch rattling, and that's only in neutral with the clutch engaged (hand off the lever).

I try to match the revs when I downshift and upshift. If I don't when I downshift and I'm not smooth, the sudden change in engine speed will torque the bike to the left a little.

I haven't noticed strong vibes in the higher rev range, but maybe I"m too focused on hanging on!

Hopefully your service included a throttle body sync and TPS reset. I hear these aren't set properly from the factory, and may account for some of your issues.

We should get together and compare bikes. Mine seems to be fine with no issues. The fueling is good, if a little touchy off idle, but not as bad as other FI bikes I"ve had. The best off idle fueling is my Buell XB12Ss. That is very smooth.

Man do I love this thing! It's quite an aggressive bike, and I thought my Buell was aggressive!

I"m planning on going to the Guzzi get together tonight in Alviso. PM me if you'd like details.

-steve

defun said:
Thanks guys :). I have a question when slowing down in traffic in second gear there is loud noise coming out is this normal and do you guys do rev match when downshifting. I feel the downshifting is not that smooth and engine breaking is pretty severe when slowing down in traffic and anything close to 6k rpm bike vibrates like crazy. It had 600 miles service done. Are these all guzzi's traits or do I need to pay attention to anything.

Thank you.

Mine will clunk when downshifting, more so when cold. When it warms up it mostly goes away. I reckon that is from the gears being helical, which generates side forces as well as rotational forces. Then the side to side clearance allows the gears/shaft to smack the other side.
Smoothness and proper throttle also help. If not already done, take all the excess slack out of the throttle cables.
As the motor breaks in it will improve considerably. But proper set up with regard to TB sync, TPS, etc., is key. You can't rely on the factory getting it right. That is where a good dealer becomes worth more then a cheap dealer.
Also, try to keep the rpms above 2 - 3k, some will say above 3 - 4k.

Funny about the engine braking. I found mine had not enough thanks to the stepper motor. It also messed me up with regard to matching rpms when down shifting so I put a valve on it to give me the ability to turn it off. I only use it when starting from cold.

Back