• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Griso REGISTRY & Picture Thread - ADD YOUR BIKE

Re: Griso Picture Thread

Bike looks great David! Hope it warms up enough for you to ride it soon.

Just want to say hello to all of you Griso / Moto Guzzi owners out there. I picked up my 2012 8V SE in October and am dying to get back on it in the spring. I have been able to get 5 rides in prior to putting it up for the winter. The picture was taken on the first day of ownership. I had never ridden it before but knew it was the right bike for me when I first saw it at a 10 year (thought I heard the owner say 30yrs. - my mistake) local MG dealer. I guess I am lucky as it has so far turned out to be just that - perfect!

I too am loving the attention this bike gets from others on the road, sidewalk, gas station, coffee shop etc. It is absolutely amazing!! It is stunningly beautiful to see in person and definitely demands a level of discipline while riding (the torque and speed available on demand :woohoo: )! The bikes sound and vibration rounds out it's unique character! I was initially a bit intimidated as I have not ridden in 20 some odd years. By day 5 I had a smile wrapped around my head. I still can't believe I was lucky enough to get my hands on one.

The dealer I purchased the bike from indicated that it was the last 8V Tenni model available in Canada. That may have been BS but there were none left anywhere locally. The owner did mention that there is an RCMP officer in a nearby town that was / is not happy with me for buying it. I'll have to make a point of riding through that town as often and as slowly as possible so he can at least see it again while strictly obeying the law. :whistle: Initially I tried to back out of the deal after putting the deposit down because of the stress of the expense. I'm quite happy that it was not possible!

Additionally, riding up the Sea To Sky hwy. north of Vancouver on a beautiful sunny 4th day of ownership put that worry to bed permanently!!!!!!!!!!

No mods yet but looking forward to a few soon.

All the best to all of you in 2013!

Attachments

• 8VSEjpg.jpg
    8VSEjpg.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 2,186

8VSE O-Ren Ishii said:
Just want to say hello to all of you Griso / Moto Guzzi owners out there. I picked up my 2012 8V SE... All the best to all of you in 2013!
Ed, congrats on the G8V LE! I think that is already a classic since they have now stopped offering the color combo. I bet you're itching to get back on it, that's a bit of torture. Thanks for dropping in, welcome to the Forum and Famiglia. Look forward to helping you getting it modded/running as well as it's potential. See you here online, or feel free to reach me direct e-mail any time; Todd at GuzziTech.com

Hey Todd,

Thank you for the welcome! We have been in contact recently re. the Zard exhaust you sell. Thank you for the feedback on that. I do hope I can pick one up in the not too distant future. They sound great from what I have heard of them. I'm not sure if you received the second email I sent you a while back, but would you know how I can determine (locate, find or lookup) the ECU map which came with the bike and what is a "cat" with respect to the exhaust?

A bit of a noobie in these areas so any feedback would b appreciated.

Cheers,

Ed

8VSE O-Ren Ishii said:
Thank you for the welcome! We have been in contact recently re. the Zard exhaust you sell. Thank you for the feedback on that. I do hope I can pick one up in the not too distant future. They sound great from what I have heard of them. I'm not sure if you received the second email I sent you a while back, but would you know how I can determine (locate, find or lookup) the ECU map which came with the bike and what is a "cat" with respect to the exhaust? A bit of a noobie in these areas so any feedback would b appreciated.
Ed, very good, keeping track of screen names here vs. real names is impossible. I replied via e-mail already. 'Cat' refers to catalytic converter.

Hey Todd,

I can imagine it is tough to keep track of everyone's screen and real names - no worries. Thanks for the clarification of the "cat". Felt a bit silly asking about that as I had a thought that that might be what it was but I was just not sure motorcycles even used catalytic converters - :roll: I called the dealer I purchased the bike from regarding the ECU map and the mechanic there thought that the installed map was the latest version which I believe is the #03 map (which would make sense). I was not sure if it was that or the previous #68.

And yeah - I want to get back on this bike bad!!

Cheers,

Ed

The #68 map was never in any bikes as delivered. It was a Hush-Hush and slightly naughty upgrade because it was not homologated for street use but the early maps were pretty ordinary so they sort of slipped it out on he sly. It can be installed with Axone or Navigator in early A5 and A8 motored bikes with the #01 and 02 maps and works very well.

The # 03 map installed in your SE works perfectly fine as long as you don't stuff about modifying things hat don't need to be modified.

Pete

Hey Pete,

Thank you for the info.. Any idea how I can determine which "A" (as A5 or A8) series bike I have? I guess I could assume it would be the latter A8 as the bike was actually built in 2012 but am not sure.

Regards,

Ed

Engine number is on LH front of the block. A# prefix is with the number. SE's are all post 2010 I believe so they should all be A8's. should also have the #03 map.

Pete

Thanks you Pete!

I found it. You are right, it is an A8.

I'm guessing that it might be an improvement over the earlier A5??..

Also - would you know if an an ECU reflash would be neccessary with a ZARD can installed to replace the stock exhaust or do you have any thoughts on a ZARD vs Termi exhaust? I have asked this under another thread I started today but am not sure if you would see it there and it seems as though you have a bit of experience with the bike...

Thanks again.

Ed

DE986269-A674-4366-AAFC-D3D7CF186E8A-359-0000003F3DBDFFA0_zps295594a6.jpg

822DF333-722A-4A04-A6B8-515FDD495F67-359-0000003F258BB6E1_zps9965e788.jpg

This is my love :cheer: from Pisa , Italy B)

Attachments

• Foto1.jpg
    Foto1.jpg
    293.8 KB · Views: 912
  • foto2.jpg
    foto2.jpg
    337.3 KB · Views: 911
  • foto3.jpg
    foto3.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 910

Did some spring cleaning yesterday. Finally got the liver spots off the headers with Blue Job and a lot of rubbing. Wonderful back country ride in the sunshine. B)

8626824275_f500ae53e6_b.jpg

Nice pic, witt, and, yes, it was a nice day.

As this is a Griso pic thread, would not post here a pic of my EV I rode yesterday for the first time in months. But, met up with Travman on his well-farkled Griso SE, and we went riding with two vintage beemerists, Martin & John. The latter two aren't that vintage, but their motorcycles are. :laugh: I remember when John bought his blue BMW in 1984, when we served together in the 24th Infantry Division in SE Georgia.

Here we are at a pit stop. The roads are stupendous. Have to go back to the steppes on Tuesday, but have a romp in the Mini this afternoon, and a two-up with Kathi on EV and John on his old beemer tomorrow. This practicing for retirement is wearing me out. ;)

Bill

Attachments

• IMG_20130406_165434_759.jpeg
    IMG_20130406_165434_759.jpeg
    124.6 KB · Views: 757

A spell at Kyeamba on a pleasant Sunday arvo blat.

Kyeamba.jpg

Lovely bike and beautiful stretch of road. But I thought you guys spoke English down there? :lol:

wittangamo said:
Lovely bike and beautiful stretch of road. But I thought you guys spoke English down there? :lol:

We do speak The Queen's English here!

I don't always type it though.... :evil:

Back