• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

All the lights and gauges went out....?

oceanluvr30

Tuned and Synch'ed
GT Contributor
Was riding my Breva 750 home this evening and flashed my headlights at a car that was thinking of pulling out in front of me and all of a sudden all gauges, lights, horn etc when out. The bike kept running with no problem. I haven't looked at anything yet, but I am assuming I blew a fuse or two.....I guess my question is beside checking all the fuses should i be concerned that there may be a more serious electrical problem and if so, any ideas on where to start looking.

Since you got the problem when you activated the high beam flash, check that switch and the associated wiring.

Ok checked the fuses and the fuse was blown and when i replaced it all systems worked until i blew the horn then the fuse blew again. When flashing the lights the fuse did not blow...strange because yesterday when this happened, it happened when i flashed the lights? I did replace the horn a few months ago and did not fuse it but simply hooked the terminals up to the ones for the stock horn.

Some horns may draw more power then the stock one, and would require a separate fused power supply and a relay.

In addition to what Guzzimoto told you. You live in Florida, Take the LH switch apart and clean everything up with a good contact cleaner, then stuff with an non conductive grease. You may have a path to ground that has developed due to some corrosion.

Thanks guys...John i assume you mean the low/high switch? It's a bit late, and the grey matter is running a bit slow.

john zibell said:
jebdog said:
I think LH switch means Left Hand Switch, the whole assembly.

yes.

Ok thanks for the clarification.....it was late and the vino had taken affect. Will let you guys know how this works out..thanks again! ;)

Ok update....took at look at the switch and not quite sure if there is a right way or wrong way to remove it or disassemble it? Is there a schematic or primer on how to do this? Just would hate to take off and then not be able to get the lights working?

Back