• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

3rd Annual Visalia Not A Rally April 12-14, 2013

Careful,

You guys are going to jinx us with all this good weather talk. I've been telling my friends to batton down the hatches 'cause I'm headed to Visalia.

Keith

You make an excellent point, Keith!!! I'm sure Mother Nature has some surprises in store for us.... LOL. Btw, let me know if you need my address, to get to the house Fri afternoon/evening - I'll PM it to you. You know to come over as soon as you get settled, thawed, whatever, right?? I have Friday off and so will just be at home awaiting you hooligans.
Ride safe and looking forward to seeing you!!
J

Some last minute info from Jamileh:

"I'll leave maps of how to get to my house from Lampliter, at the front desk of Lampliter, and also my home and cell phone numbers on the map, so people can either come over or call when they get in, if they want 4-wheel transpo to my house.
My cell number is (559-352-5844)"

Pretty darn organized for a NAR, if you ask me.

Crap, picked up a nail in my rear tire. Put a mushroom plug in it, called a tire shop and said since I'd done that they couldn't put a patch on the inside. :roll: I'll check it in the morning, if it isn 't leaking I'll head that way.

yes, 4-wheel transpo might be wise, just to save strength for Saturday's ride.... LOL.
Sorry to hear, Chuck - we have a good indie mechanic here in Visalia (who has gone on several vacations on my dime, btw) - I"m sure he'd do anything to help in a pinch.

Called around and didn't find anyone that would patch it on the inside, or have my tire in stock. <shrug> Wasn't comfortable running a plugged tire with all the hooligans that will be there. :shock: :D

Called the Lamplighter to tell them I wasn't coming, and they said they could't find my reservation. :S Doesn't break my heart, $120 will go a long way toward buying a new tire, but I hope it doesn't leave Richard in the lurch..

Chuck, what tire do you want? I have Dunlop Roadsmart II's in stock. Happy to M&B too.

Remember, we put the Angels on just the other day..
D'oh! looked at my logs and it was 4-4-12. They have about 2800 miles on them and still look good. Except for that plug. :lol: I thought "nothing to lose, now, so I reamed out the leaking plug this afternoon and put in another. It's apparently not leaking, so I'll ride out in the SMMs this weekend. I'll have a new rear sent out the next time I come. You said I ought to try the Q2s, but Mike told me he only got 1800 miles :eek: out of a set when I was riding with him and Bob a couple of days ago..
Actually, I've been happy with the Angels. Except for that plug. ;)

+1 on that. Had lotsa fun on the well-paved and on the goaties, then slabbed up the Grapevine at a ticket-attracting pace and the RS2s still look real good after ~2300 miles. And that slab home is the first time they've been perpendicular to the road!

I'm living right. The plugged tire was holding at 38 lbs yesterday morning, so rode out to see Todd, then rode in the SMMs the rest of the afternoon. Had a great time, BTW! :D
So, I'm cleaning and prepping the Mighty Scura for an extended sleep this afternoon. Thought I'd check the tire one more time, thinking, "You shoulda gone to Visalia, you wimp, it's probably fine."
It was flat. (!) Totally.
Some days *you* get the bear... :D

Back