• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Clip on bars nightmare

Canadaride74

Just got it firing!
Hi, I own a 2010 V7C and I'm running into some problems installing new clip on handlebars. I'm a little afraid of going any further until I've talked to someone who has done this change out themselves. If anybody has could you let me know and I could give you the specific problem I'm having. Much appreciated.

:) Hi mate have read your post along with quite a few others too !
I fitted ace bars to my V7C without any real problems.
I didn't have to re-route cables, only thing I had to do was file off the molded locating dowels on the switch gears that locate in the holes on the bars as my ace bars were blank.
What issues are you having :?: I realize that you are fitting clip-ons but maybe I can help ;)
Cheers
Cliffy.

Hey Cliffy, well the issue is that number 1 I can't for the life of me get my original handlebar bracket bolts off. Not sure if they were threadlocked on or not but they are tight. Secondly when I took off the 3 large bolts holding the yolk on the bike dropped because they're right on top of the front shocks. The pressure is too much to push the shocks back down to get those bolts back on. Obviously I had to take those bolts off to take the main collar off... I hope. I stopped when I couldn't get those handlebar brackets off and that's why I'm writing here, ha. Anyways any advice would be much appreciated, thx!
Chauncey Rash

Hi,
Thanks for the info
From what I can tell by your description you have undone the Centre large bolt on the top yolk which is CORRECT.

The two other large caps on top of the fork legs should NOT be removed for the yolk diss-assembly as they are the fork leg caps under spring pressure, If you have done this you will need to support the weight of the bike either by centrestand (if fitted ) or by other means as a paddock stand at the back and a jack with a piece of wood on top placed under the sump to get the front wheel off the ground.
Once ready then use a socket and positive downwards
pressure to catch the thread (easiest way is to start turning the cap slowly anti clockwise until you feel the cap thread slightly jump on the fork leg thread,as soon as you feel this turn the cap slowly clockwise and it should start but remember to keep pushing down and stop if it gets tight as it may be trying to 'cross thread' )

The actual top yolk pinch bolts are the two Allen cap head bolts behind the clocks either side at the front on the yolk where there is a slot in the casting , To gain access you need to loosen off the clocks first by removing the two small Allen bolts located underneath the plastic trim that goes across and round the ignition key barrel.
Once these two bolts are loose the top yoke should be free I would suggest placing it in a bench vice to loosen the handlebar clamp assembly nut which is located underneath,oops nearly forgot :oops: disconnect the wiring or remove the ignition barrel as its attached to the yolk !!

I hope this helps
Cheers Cliffy :cool:

To add in case it is not understood, when you remove the top triple clamp (yoke) you should take the weight off the front suspension. Easy way to do that is to put a jack or block under the sump so that the front wheel is just off the ground.

I've had the forks off my bike a couple times and it seems like that would be a much easier way to install clip-ons. Remove the front wheel, fender, clocks, loosen the triple tree clamps and slide the forks down. ???

pokeyjoe said:
I've had the forks off my bike a couple times and it seems like that would be a much easier way to install clip-ons. Remove the front wheel, fender, clocks, loosen the triple tree clamps and slide the forks down. ???
Hi pokeyjoe,
Of course on thinking you are right a much easier way to do it :roll: that saves alot of effort and potential grief.

Seems like if you are trying to get at bolts on the underside of the top triple clamp then removing it would be easier, but either way you do it the weight of the front end should be supported from underneath using a jack or stand under the sump. I would think pulling the clamp is easier, but only because of those bolts on the under side of the top triple.
You do not need to remove the front wheel or fender to slide the fork tubes down, you only need to take the weight off the forks.
Watch out for your brake line(s).

Hey there,
Well it was a tougher addition than expected but the feeling of the clip-ons is much better than stock bars and I find the handling a lot tighter. I ended up having to hoist the bike up to take the weight off and after that it was a cinch. The advice was much appreciated! Cheers.
Chauncey Rash

Back