• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Cruise Control

Ozrider58

Tuned and Synch'ed
Im looking at fitting a cruise control to my 2005 Breva 1100. I have looked at both electronic systems and mechanical ones. The electronic version is $1000+ installation the mechanical ones, which just load the throttle grip are around $200.

My thinking is that, on the Breva, I work the gear box abit on undulating roads and moderate sweepers so the electonic would be on and off all the time anyway and not worth the cost. I note the 1400 Cali now had electronic cruise control but also a heap more torque so less need to change gear on hills.

Interested if anyone has installed cruie control on a Breva. Im planning a long tour on mine and will include some long flat roads.

cheers

I just put a fat o-ring between the grip and throttle housing. Just enough friction to hold the throttle. The throttle becomes a "dead" throttle in that you can't release the cruise control and have to close the throttle manually. Cost is about $0.20.

I just ordered a Kaoko Lock for my 2012 Stelvio. Had one on my last bike and prefer it over the Go Cruise lever style locks. More money, but in my opinion works much better. Allows you to adjust speed up or down without having to reset the device.

Here is the link for the Breva. As a note, it was cheaper ordering it from Kaoko in South Africa including shipping. No duty, and they ship to local postal service so should be no brokerage. Exchange rate is about $0.11 USD to the South African Rand. Go figure.

http://www.kaoko.com/pMOTOBRE/KAOKO-Cru ... -1200.aspx

My buddy has a Kaoko on his B11, he loves it. It replaced a Throttlemeister he had and gave it away. If you have Stelvio hand guards on the B11 like I do then you can use the Aprilia Caponord Kaoko.

On his Stelvio, I had made an adapter from the aluminum spacer provided with the hand guard kit to fit the B11 Kaoko. Then he got hand guards for the Stelvio and the installation was too loose, the guard would easily rotate. So we asked Twistedtrottle why a Stelvio model was not available. Turns out a guzzista with a Stelvio gave up on providing them with a measured sketch. So we finished the job on verify the Stelvo measurements. And my buddy eventually got the first Stelvio Kaoko.

The Kaoko looks OEM and is super easy to use.

Just came across this today. Think I will give it a try. Seems simple enough and unlike Go Cruise, looks like you have a little bit of adjustment up and down without having to reset.

Gave up on my Kaoko. Kaoko in South Africa told me that they cancelled my order because they cannot ship direct to Canada. Have to go through their distributor in the US which is Twisted Throttle. Will be $50 more to get it through TT than from South Africa. Not going to happen.....May splurge on the more expensive cable ties :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXk9WeVgxUo

canuck1969 said:
I just ordered a Kaoko Lock for my 2012 Stelvio. Had one on my last bike and prefer it over the Go Cruise lever style locks. More money, but in my opinion works much better. Allows you to adjust speed up or down without having to reset the device.

+1

Haven't put one on the Griso, but have had them on two other bikes.

I have a Kaoko fitted to my 1200 Sport and it worked a treat when touring France last year on the autobanns. It is a bit expensive to buy but is a quality item. Note - the Breva version does not fit the Sport. You need to order the version for an Aprilia Mana. This fits a treat on the Sport and is very indiscreet, most people do not realise it is fitted.

Hey Canuck, why don't you buy the Kaoko and have it shipped to one of us in the state's? I could rebox it and ship it to you. I live in Mass. I was thinking of getting one for my 1200S.

canuck1969 said:
Just came across this today. Think I will give it a try. Seems simple enough and unlike Go Cruise, looks like you have a little bit of adjustment up and down without having to reset.

Gave up on my Kaoko. Kaoko in South Africa told me that they cancelled my order because they cannot ship direct to Canada. Have to go through their distributor in the US which is Twisted Throttle. Will be $50 more to get it through TT than from South Africa. Not going to happen.....May splurge on the more expensive cable ties :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXk9WeVgxUo

Canuck- why don't you have them ship to me in Massachusetts and I can box & send to you in CANADA? I'm thinking of one for my 1200 sport.

boatdetective said:
Hey Canuck, why don't you buy the Kaoko and have it shipped to one of us in the state's? I could rebox it and ship it to you. I live in Mass. I was thinking of getting one for my 1200S.
Really do appreciate the offer, but folded and bit the bullet and ordered it. They just got a shipment in at TT. Shipping was $30. Figured what the hell...only money. Should be here this week.

Well I tried the O ring but didnt really like the dead throttle so ordered the kaoko and went for a big run on the weekend. Sure was good to be able to give the right hand a rest on the freeways.

Oz,
About 18-24months ago someone posted info on this site to put a car cruise control on the Norge (similar to the Breva).
I did and it works a dream. Just as good as the cruise control on my car. It looks spic with the proper switches etc.
I did it myself with no formal skills and just some thought and patience.
If you (or anyone) is interested let me know and I will try and find and post the info.
Allan

For those of you somewhat challenged by the search function for these Forums, I shall again post the document for the Rostra GlobalCruise Electric Cruise Control installation document that I created a few years ago. This unit has now been on my 2007 Norge for 50,000+ miles and has been flawless. I use it extensively since most of my riding is long, long distance. Some additional notes to add to the original document.

1. I have replaced the pushbutton cruise control engage pushbutton on the dashboard with a rocker switch with a built in 12V LED. This considerably simplifies the wiring of the engage switch and gets rid of the requirement for soldering a resistor to drop the voltage across the switch. The rocker switch was sourced from my local hardware store in the automotive section and I have no clue as to manufacturer.

2. When cruise control is engaged and the bike is coasting on steep and long downhill grades, the bike has a pronounced tendency to surge. This can be somewhat unsettling. My advice: don't use it on steep and long downhill runs.

Attachments

• NorgeGlobalCruise.pdf
    473.4 KB · Views: 118
Hope it works for you. I've had the kako on for just under 12 months. I have just come back from a bit of a tour 5,000 ks in 10 days. For those in Aus. from Melb. up to those lovely mountain roads up in northern NSW. It was great being able to rest the right hand on the long highway miles up and back.

Back