• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Buongiorno from Germany

Kai

Just got it firing!
Hi all,

after getting valuable input from this board over years I finally registered on this snowy winter day. I lost my heart to the Tonti frame Guzzis, 12 years ago, I bought a first hand 1000 S with low mileage and am happy until today with it. The S always brought me home, meanwhile we have accumulated 125.000 km, a lot of trips on two wheels with my wife from our front door in the middle of Germany to Italy. I cant complain about the reliability, there were only some throttle and clutch cables to change on the road. I like the 1000 S as it is, only minor modifications where made. Over the years I changed the (toaster / truck style) rear – and turn light(s), exhaust, mounted Agostini footrests, replaced the CEV single throttle cable grip by a Tomaselli 2 cable system, the Motoplat ignition by a digital ignition (Sachse) with crankshaft pick up, other front fork springs with FAC shock absorbers, Wilbers shock absorbers in the rear.
The S also served quite well at a lot of track trainings. It's big fun to appear with a bike like this on a racetrack :blink:
At some point it was necessary to look out for another Guzzi for the track, as it became more serious. I was squeezing it out too much and was afraid to damage the trusty S.
Two years ago “Helga” was purchased, a quite original Le Mans 1000 with appx. 70.000 km. She required a lot of input until it was appropriate to speak from a track bike. The engine has still the original camshaft, runs quite well and is reliable – which is the most important feature.
Contrary to better knowledge I thought in the beginning that low budget racing might be possible. It's not, but now it's difficult to hide a quick grin when I open the garage door. That's what it's all about, isn't it?

Cheers,

Kai

beidemopeds.jpg

Kai, welcome to the Forum. Congrats on owning not just one, but two beauties... and enjoying them on the track makes you an even rarer Guzzista.
Thanks for posting the pics, and post more often!

ciao kai,
welcome to the forum and a friendly hello from the, so to say, southern neigborhood ;)
Where are you racing your Guzzi??
Grab the flag?

Personally i think low (or lets say affordable) budget racing with a guzzi is also in germany "somewhat" possible as long as one avoids the so called big name(s)

kind regards from italy

Christian

Ciao together,

Thank you for the nice welcome.

Christian : Hello to the slightly south neighborhood :)
Sorry, no Grab the flag races until now. They are all quite far away from my place.
My activities 2012 were in the northern half of Germany:
2 days training in April with Guzzi and other friends at the Spreewaldring (smaller track, good warmup for the season)
luftaufnahme_rennstrecke_01.jpg

Mid May, 4 h Classic Endurance in Oschersleben, http://www.classicendurance.com
a highlight, and we (with my teammate Frank on another LM 1000) finished 6th B) http://www.classicendurance.com/2012/ecRace4h_Klassen.pdf
End of May : Fischereihafenrennen ( Fishing harbour race ) in Bremerhaven http://www.fischereihafen-rennen.de/
October : 2 Classic Bears runs in Oschersleben
Next year might look similar, 4-5 races / trainings, probably a 3 day training in Northern France.
A new racetrack opens next year less than 25 km from my home town: Bilster Berg http://www.bilster-berg.de/
This can of course increase the track kilometers......if they like old loud Italian clunkers :twisted: - we will see
“Low budget racing” - I agree that you can keep it in certain limits when you do most of the work yourself ( what I do), but spending money starts already when you look for an appropriate bike to start working on. For a lot of people “low budget “ ends here. I have never added up what I paid so far, and I most likely never will.
The races were already great experience, they already paid back my investment.
I agree, if you go big (names) you can spend a fortune.
Bill:
I live in Detmold, a smaller town located between Kassel and Hannover – pretty much in the middle.

Bye for now,

Kai

Sweet bikes mate :cool: You need to get over here for the TT :twisted:
Kai said:
Hi all,

after getting valuable input from this board over years I finally registered on this snowy winter day. I lost my heart to the Tonti frame Guzzis, 12 years ago, I bought a first hand 1000 S with low mileage and am happy until today with it. The S always brought me home, meanwhile we have accumulated 125.000 km, a lot of trips on two wheels with my wife from our front door in the middle of Germany to Italy. I cant complain about the reliability, there were only some throttle and clutch cables to change on the road. I like the 1000 S as it is, only minor modifications where made. Over the years I changed the (toaster / truck style) rear – and turn light(s), exhaust, mounted Agostini footrests, replaced the CEV single throttle cable grip by a Tomaselli 2 cable system, the Motoplat ignition by a digital ignition (Sachse) with crankshaft pick up, other front fork springs with FAC shock absorbers, Wilbers shock absorbers in the rear.
The S also served quite well at a lot of track trainings. It's big fun to appear with a bike like this on a racetrack :blink:
At some point it was necessary to look out for another Guzzi for the track, as it became more serious. I was squeezing it out too much and was afraid to damage the trusty S.
Two years ago “Helga” was purchased, a quite original Le Mans 1000 with appx. 70.000 km. She required a lot of input until it was appropriate to speak from a track bike. The engine has still the original camshaft, runs quite well and is reliable – which is the most important feature.
Contrary to better knowledge I thought in the beginning that low budget racing might be possible. It's not, but now it's difficult to hide a quick grin when I open the garage door. That's what it's all about, isn't it?

Cheers,

Kai

beidemopeds.jpg

Back