• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

"Bar Backs" for the Norge

Re:

xenarchi wrote:
I can't imagine NOT having to get longer lines. On the B the riser from Mike were TIGHT on my lines. To the point of being too tight.

The MI risers were not too bad on the lines, no real strain on them.

Again, I'll post what they come up with when I know it... I'm sure also that the lines will change depend if and how far thet come back but I'm not designing it so I'll have to wait and see what they end up with. Heli-Bars usually supplies the mods with a complete kit.

Photos and details as soon as I have them. Can't wait to see what they come up with.. And try them out. That will be a while though...
Today' high will be right around 10°.. nice huh...? :eek:hmy: Come on Spring...! :)

Best,
rd

Re:

I will be curious to see what they come up with. Hope you post info and pictures. I am glad somebody was close enough to the company to approach them and get this looked into. I called Heli-Bars when I first got my Norge and they said they had no plans. If those of you who are taller think it is a stretch to the bars try being 5'4" and a 28" inseam. I looked at the MI risers but for the money I did not think they were the answer.

Rudy

Re:

Yup, photos when I get the word that the new design is complete and I can get down there to pick it up... We are in the throes of Winter here, only had about 60" so far but the long lasting cold is really beginning to be a pain... everything is iced up and will be for some time. Sorry, crying ain't I... :dry:

I bought my Norge last November and could not ride due to a scheduled foot surgery. I tried to time it so that I would not miss too much riding and I could possibly ski during the rest of that Winter... Worked out, I was able to ski from about Feb on last year... :) Sorry, off topic a bit... :blush:

Now, I probably should not tell you guys this but... because of that down time my Norge sat in the garage ALL WINTER LONG without putting one mile on it and in retrospect, it could have spent the season at Heli-Bars...!

How do you like me now...?

Rudy,
I too am fairly short of leg and arm reach so I am really looking forward to the new configuration. The MI riser just bring the bars up a bit, good but not great for me.

All right, progress as I know it. ;)

Best,
Rob

Re:

I purchased a set of risers and adjustable foot pegs for my Norge from Moto International and proceeded to install them. i was primarily looking for a set back of an inch or more but was told by several sources that risers with a set back feature were all but impossible to make due to the design of the Norge triple tree and bars. The installation was quite simple and the wires and cables had plenty of extra length to be pulled up anothe 1 1/2 inches to accommodate the new height of the grips so that was not an issue. The grips are definitely higher but they are not any farther rearward than stock or at least noticeably so.
Another consideration that hasn't been mentioned is that the plastic cover that is formed to go over the triple tree no longer fits with these risers in place. That cover does add a "finished" look to the area and the bike looks bare without it. With a grinder, a file, some sand paper and a lot of patience this cover can be "fitted" to accommodate the new risers. While doing that I noticed that the cover itself was quite substantial and sat a fair distance above the top plate of the triple tree when in position. Room enough to extend a few nuts and bolts through without interference. Hence, it became the new location for my GPS mount. Once the cover was rough cut to fit, I drilled for the GPS mount, checked for clearance and bolted everything in place for a trial fit...it looked and fit well. I then disassembled items, sanded the cover a bit and sprayed it with a paint that would not damage the plastic. Once dry I remounted the GPS mount then snapped the cover into place and secured it with the two original machine bolts.
My GPS is an old one and quite large / heavy compared to the newer ones but it stays in place quite easily and is very easy to see. I also noticed that painting this cover darker than it was cut the glare on the instrument panel which was a nice plus

Re:

If you had looked at the underside of that plastic trim, you would see four holes in the reinforcing part underneath. This is to take the Tom Tom mount as supplied by Guzzi.

Re:

Good luck getting a Tom Tom supplied by Guzzi, I've had one on order for over 4 months. go figure. Think I will go back to reading maps, better for the brain.

I certainly was not suggesting that anyone should buy the TomTom GPS unit from Guzzi, merely that the plastic trim was designed as a GPS mounting point.

Back