• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Oh dear.......

Penis Rotor

GT Godfather!
I think I may of convinced myself that I need to trade my Mana GT on one for our trip this summer. Cali 1400 Touring will be a lot more comfortable for Jude than the Mana. We aren't getting any younger............

Pete

I allways kid myself that I can lighten a Cali to something more respectable, that's not too far away from the other sport tourers on the market, but with a starting price of 380kg ?????????

My little legs just groan with agony at the thought ..............................

You could start with a set of Todds carbon wheels :D

Nope! Its not, and never will be a Sportsbike. As a trans-continental tourer with an American flavour I reckon it'll be second to none. Horses for courses and tools for the job etc......

Pete

Yeah, I know what you mean Pete. I already favour cars that are quiet, smooth, comfortable, roomy and with all the creature comforts. Can't be arsed with noise and harsh ride just so I can dream of driving fast.

Always wondered when the day would come when I would see Goldwings and Harleys as objects of desire. NOT YET!

Would a Norge be a sufficient stop gap for now?

pete roper said:
Nope! Its not, and never will be a Sportsbike. As a trans-continental tourer with an American flavour I reckon it'll be second to none. Horses for courses and tools for the job etc......

Pete

I'm a firm believer in the proper tool is about 2/3rds of the job. It would be a mighty fine tool for a trans continental trip.

I see your point guys, and yes I would still buy a Guzzi Limo before any other brand.

So Pete, are you gonna ......................

I would love to travel to and around The States and buy one there - USD $14,990 for the Custom and $17,990 for the Tourer, compared with for a bike locally AUD $21,990 and $24,990 ! With the exchange rate at present it would mean a saving of over 35%. What is involved in privately exporting/importing one into Australia if you rode it around for 3 months in The States ?
I wonder how Guzzi justify the price difference ?

If you own it overseas for more than 12 months, import to Australia will be free of duties/taxes/GST etc.

You need to contact customs before you embark on such a project.
But for the savings you could fly there now, buy, register and ride it around for 2 weeks.
Store the bike somewhere (privately), fly back 12 months later and have your 3 month tour.
Then return home and import the bike. Sssshhhhhhh! Be very very quiet.

Alternatively, you could try "Time Share" with Mr Roper and anybody else who wants temporary ownership.

Well I pulled the pin and ordered one yesterday.

Unfortunately one can't bring any bike manufactured after 1985 back to Oz unless...

a.) It is a model never imported here.

b.) you have owned and lived overseas with it for more than six months. Simply owning it isn't enough.

c.) it is categorised as 'Rare and Collectable'.

These wonderful rules are designed to 'Protect our domestic industry' which needless to say doesn't actually exist and the only 'Benefit' is to local importers who can gouge on pricing, (Although market size and the tyranny of distance do play a part as well.).

Having said that I don't think I would want a Cali14 over here. Our roads and topography make my Mana and Griso far more sensible and appropriate tools for my riding needs. For a three month, big ass tour of the USA with Jude on the back I think it will be ideal.

Pete

Another alternative for GreggF is to locate a 2nd hand/demo stateside and swing a sell back deal.
The price drop would be far less than hiring a Hardley Rideable for 3 months.

OH! Congrats Pete on the new addition to your famiglia.

GreggF said:
I would love to travel to and around The States and buy one there - USD $14,990 for the Custom and $17,990 for the Tourer, compared with for a bike locally AUD $21,990 and $24,990 ! With the exchange rate at present it would mean a saving of over 35%. What is involved in privately exporting/importing one into Australia if you rode it around for 3 months in The States ?
I wonder how Guzzi justify the price difference ?

To register a motorcycle you have to provide an US Driver license ,and proof of insurance.
If you're not a US resident or a US non immigrant resident ( temporary resident ) , are you sure you can register a bike in the US on your name ?
Maybe you can buy it, but not register it .

To obtain a US driver license you gotta be legally living in the Country.

What i said is not written on stone, it's based on my personal experience and "maybe" there is a way to register a bike in your name with foreign documents.

Good luck !
Marco

ARVENO said:
To register a motorcycle you have to provide an US Driver license ,and proof of insurance.

Not true, not for California anyway. I've owned and registered at least four motorcycles (all Guzzi of course) and ridden at least 100,000 miles in the USA, all on a Kiwi licence. Insurance is compulsory, but other than a premium hit for a foreign licence, no problem there either.

Think I'm about to do it again! (Shhh, don't tell the wife :evil:)

kiwi dave said:
ARVENO said:

Not true, not for California anyway. I've owned and registered at least four motorcycles (all Guzzi of course) and ridden at least 100,000 miles in the USA, all on a Kiwi licence. Insurance is compulsory, but other than a premium hit for a foreign licence, no problem there either.

Think I'm about to do it again! (Shhh, don't tell the wife :evil:)

Sounds good !!
As I said my comment was based on my experience....not written in stone , Here in the social republic of NY things are different.... and well...we all know that in California they are one step forward. ;)

Best
Marco

[To obtain a US driver license you gotta be legally living in the Country.
Good luck !
Marco[/quote]

Not if you are a Mexican and own a leaf blower! :lol:

Back