• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

First Guzzi, V7R and its getting a 2-1 exhaust...

psga4

Just got it firing!
Hello everyone.
This is my first venture into the wonderful world of MG's and I have bought a V7R #57 here in Vancouver, BC. I haven't picked up the bike yet, its getting a service. I was smitten the moment i saw it and at the same moment the customizing bug hit me. I've had Harleys and currently ride a Streetbob which is totally not stock(no chrome or billet anywhere on it) and want to do the same to the V7 but still retain its beauty.
A friend of mine who is a local brilliant motorbike fabricator wants to build me a one of a kind custom 2-1 exhaust system. I looked at all the available options and could not find a bolt on 2-1 setup, well other than a Supertrapp i believe. I checked out all the usual suspects, Agostinis, Mistrals (which in fact i have sitting brand new in a unopened box with the crossover if anyone is interested in buying) and others. Oh yea also have two Arrow cans the oval ones with the yellow and blue badge for sale too, with less than 1500 miles on them...
Do 2-1 systems have any particular advantage regarding power delivery etc ?
I have read lots of posts on this site and everyone is great, nice to be part of a warm and welcoming community...

Hey, welcome to the club !! Picked up my V7-R two weeks ago.......still waiting for spring in Northern Ontario !!

Snow on the ground when I got up this morning....sob :(

I am running a Zard 2-1-2 system. Slight power gain and found the torque curve to be a little flater as the revs go up. (butt dyno) Not much gains but what do you expect from a bike with less then 50hp

Pictures of your new system please!

Having the two pipes join definitely enhances power delivery, by using the resonance and pulses of the combined exhaust to assist in emptying the cylinder for the exhaust stroke.

How far up or down the exhaust tract the two pipes join, determines where in the rpm band the power is added. In the past people found it by trial and error. I've heard of mathematical formula to make the determination, but I've not done it. Either way, it's a plus.

I hope others will weigh in with their ideas.

The V7 is currently getting the exhaust welded up and will then be removed hand scotchbrited and high heat clear coated to stop the stainless from yellowing and put back on. I have pics up on Instagram under my name johnnygahir and my fabricator Sawickispeed shows the work in progress. Most of the pics are on my iphone which i have yet to upload onto my PC. Very excited to hear how it sounds, def will have a growl and hopefully somewhat of a deep rumble. I will keep everyone posted on the progress and will attempt to upload pictures asap. I also stripped it of the number sevens forward and aft and will also be getting a hand formed brushed aluminium seat cowl and side covers with dimples made to complete it's machined raw racer look which I am trying to pay homage to. Stay tuned....

Thanks for posting the IG info, pics below. From my experience, the overall length will have to be reduced significantly from the collector to the muffler in order to not rob power.

Attachments

• V7-2-1-1.jpg
    V7-2-1-1.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 546
  • V7-2-1-2.jpg
    V7-2-1-2.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 546
psga4 said:
Hello everyone.
This is my first venture into the wonderful world of MG's and I have bought a V7R #57 here in Vancouver, BC. I haven't picked up the bike yet, its getting a service. I was smitten the moment i saw it and at the same moment the customizing bug hit me. I've had Harleys and currently ride a Streetbob which is totally not stock(no chrome or billet anywhere on it) and want to do the same to the V7 but still retain its beauty.
A friend of mine who is a local brilliant motorbike fabricator wants to build me a one of a kind custom 2-1 exhaust system. I looked at all the available options and could not find a bolt on 2-1 setup, well other than a Supertrapp i believe. I checked out all the usual suspects, Agostinis, Mistrals (which in fact i have sitting brand new in a unopened box with the crossover if anyone is interested in buying) and others. Oh yea also have two Arrow cans the oval ones with the yellow and blue badge for sale too, with less than 1500 miles on them...
Do 2-1 systems have any particular advantage regarding power delivery etc ?
I have read lots of posts on this site and everyone is great, nice to be part of a warm and welcoming community...

You have PM

Back