• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Stucchi Luigi CF Hugger on Griso

89MilleGT

Tuned and Synch'ed
In case anyone was interested, here's what a new Stucchi hugger looks like on my 2011 SE. It mounts only to the torque arm and pushes up against the swing-arm on the right side. I got it from MGCycle.

It will be interesting to see how much road water and stuff it blocks.

Attachments

• P3231617-RESIZED.jpg
    P3231617-RESIZED.jpg
    993.1 KB · Views: 1,299
  • P3231616-RESIZED.jpg
    P3231616-RESIZED.jpg
    1,002.8 KB · Views: 1,302
  • P3231619-RESIZED.jpg
    P3231619-RESIZED.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,306
I like it a lot. I've got a Skidmarx for my Griso but it kinda looks shite with the way it attaches, so I haven't put it on. That Stucchi one is much neater.

What stops it from moving up or down the torque arm?

There is a channel moulded in the hugger. That surface and the u-shaped clamp are lined with rubber. When you tighten the 3 bolts the clamp compresses the rubber strips. So basically friction based on clamp pressure holds the hugger in place.

Thanks. Now to find one....Stucchi is out of stock, No one in Oz seems to have them (at least Google couldn't find any)... :(

The Stucchi huggers are very nice. I was especially tempted to buy the Alutex version which I think would look fantastic on a Diavolo Nero.

5513-5513-large.jpg

That being said, I had a black Skidmarx left over from my GRiSO 1100 that I painted to match the 1200SE livery and it came out pretty good. You can improve the look of the mounting hardware by painting it as well. I used some spray on truck bed liner and it did wonders for the look.

IMG_20121231_160215.jpg

IMG_20121231_160239.jpg

Porterhouse said:
You can improve the look of the mounting hardware by painting it as well.

Yeah, I had the CARC bracket for my Skidmarx powdercoated. It was supposed to be flat but ended up gloss. I didn't argue because it didn't cost me anything. I think the bottom bracket needs to be 5mm shorter to better clear the rear tyre. Regardless, I still think I want one of them Stucchi units. :cool:

Is the pictured aluminum the second version? It looks like the big STUCCHI label is gone.

mg133.jpg

binmg134.jpg

The Stucchi Luigi web site shows both of the above versions and a 3rd "matte" version with what looks like a steel clamp but without the Stucchi logo cutout. The clamp on the "Alutex version" looks like it is the same material as the hugger rather than the steel clamp with the logo cutout like the CF version has. http://www.stucchiluigi.it/search.p...y=position&orderway=desc&submit_search=SEARCH.
Interestingly, the instructions that came with the CF version I installed show installation pictures of the Alutex version. Looks like the "matte" version is a bit cheaper and is still in stock at Stucchi.

I can't work it out from the pictures but is the Stucchi hugger secured at the front or left side or does it just use the one mounting on the right side?
Does it flex very much i.e. on the left side if it only has the one mounting?

Mark

Personally I would throw the mounting clamp in the bin - it's ugly.

Then I would fabricate a flat plate or (3 individual tabs) and weld them to the inside of the torsion bar.

Better still, fabricate a whole new bar is stainless with mounting tabs as part of the design.

Mark111 said:
I can't work it out from the pictures but is the Stucchi hugger secured at the front or left side or does it just use the one mounting on the right side?
Does it flex very much i.e. on the left side if it only has the one mounting?

Mark

The Stucchi hugger only mounts on the right side. When mounting it,, you slide it forwards until it contacts the front of the swing-arm. The left side is not secured. Being carbon fiber, the hugger is pretty stiff. The amount of flex in the hugger from the left side is comparable to that of the front fender (in terms of how far it deflects).

The Skidmarx hugger I have on my Breva, which is the same as a Griso, tends to resonate.

I went with a Pyramid hugger and extenda fenda. Once I figured out how to put it on (confusing instructions and unclear photos,) I'm happy with the results. It took a little adjustment to center the hugger after mounting, but it's solid and does the intended job. I was surprised that ordering direct from the factory and shipping UK to US cost less than some of the retail and eBay alternatives, and it arrived in a few days, quicker than advertised.

Glad you posted this with pics, I just put it on my wishlist. MG Cycle says they have it in stock as well.

Back