• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Handlebar Risers, Breva 750

leomosley

Just got it firing!
In case anyone is interested in doing this, I just installed a set of Tusk 7/8" bar, 30mm high bar risers on my Breva 750

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Tusk-Handlebar-R ... 43b5d05ddc

They fit perfectly and all the existing cables and wires were OK. I had to re-route the clutch cable. The only thing I had to do with the risers was shorten the supplied bolts by 1/4".

I haven't ridden the Bike yet (in bed till spring), but it definitely provides a more upright riding position. I think that will be a bonus for an old guy like me. The risers look really good, and for the price they are a bargain.

I would be interested in seeing a couple of photos if you don't mind. Also what kind of windscreen do you have and are you happy with it?

oceanluvr30 said:
I would be interested in seeing a couple of photos if you don't mind. Also what kind of windscreen do you have and are you happy with it?

Cheap 21 mm box keys and longer 10 mm bolts will work too...

1093852000_f3c2090437_z.jpg

Used as a temporary solution when I had to deal with a frozen shoulder syndrome.

I will try and get a few photos up as soon as I can. I just had a hip replaced, so I'll be slowed down a little. My windshield is the Moto Guzzi Breva 750 Touring Screen (Part No: GU973221100009), as shown here:

http://www.maxmoto.co.uk/moto_guzzi_bre ... ries.shtml

I really like this screen. It fits really nice with the lines of the bike, has a custom mounting bracket, is not too large, and offers good wind protection.

Thanks for the photo leo, looks good. Does the screen attach to the headlamp bolts? I have a stock screen that has cracked at the attachemet holes because it is attached at the headlamp bolt and if they are tightened too much the plastic cracks and if not enough the headlamp drops down after a couple of miles of riding on rough road.

The brackets install to the headlight mount (two cap screws on either side). They are very solid, and do not secure to the headlight mounting bolts.

Attachments

• Moto Guzzi Breva 003 (300x225).jpg
    Moto Guzzi Breva 003 (300x225).jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 1,473
Re: Handlebar Risers, Breva 750, Pics Added

Here are some photos of the Tusk Risers Installed:

Here is one more photo of my windshield Mount. I had said that the bracket did not mount using the Headlight mounting bolt. You will see here that the lower bracket mount uses this bolt. I don't think this is an issue though, as it is one of two mounting points on each side, and therefore you don't really have to overtighten to keep the mount secure.

Attachments

• Moto Guzzi Bar Riser 007 (400x300).jpg
    Moto Guzzi Bar Riser 007 (400x300).jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 1,456
  • Moto Guzzi Bar Riser 009 (400x300).jpg
    Moto Guzzi Bar Riser 009 (400x300).jpg
    121 KB · Views: 1,458
  • Moto Guzzi Bar Riser 010 (400x300).jpg
    Moto Guzzi Bar Riser 010 (400x300).jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 1,452
  • Guzzi Windsield Mount 2 (400x300).jpg
    Guzzi Windsield Mount 2 (400x300).jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 1,453
Hi All

Just a quick update on the handlebar risers I installed. I got out for my first spring ride today (first time with the risers). They really make the riding position much more comfortable for me. Amazing how 30mm helps unwind a 64 year old back and legs!

Holt said:
oceanluvr30 said:

Cheap 21 mm box keys and longer 10 mm bolts will work too...

1093852000_f3c2090437_z.jpg

Used as a temporary solution when I had to deal with a frozen shoulder syndrome.

Hello, what is the length of the 10mm bolts please? Thank you!

oceanluvr30 said:
Glad it worked out for you, they look real good!! ;)

Hi, I see you live in Stuart. I moved to Stuart (from Wisconsin) in July 2011. I relocated to Fort Pierce just over a year ago, and about a month ago I bought a 2004 Breva 750. I am totally new to the world of sport touring bikes & Moto Guzzi. I'd love the opportunity to get together sometime to talk Brevas, get some tips, pointers, advice, etc. You can PM me if you'd prefer to take the conversation private.

Oh yeah, a picture of my Breva:

I have since added a windshield because that cowling/flyscreen did nothing with regards to wind protection!

Back