• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

New GRiSO exhaust from Arrow Special Parts in Italy

Steak

Cruisin' Guzzisti
I purchased a slip-on exhaust from Arrow that was commissioned by a member of the Italian GRiSO message board and was designed and built in Arrow's Special Parts division. It took a little while to realize as the first unit shipped to me was damaged in transit. The vendor cheerfully provided me with a replacement upon return which I mounted up last week and can now report on.

It is a beautiful piece of workmanship, looks great on the Diavolo Nero, and sounds fantastic! It is constructed of stainless steel and designed to incorporate seamlessly with the stock exhaust system and mounts. Alternatively, a full titanium system was also commissioned, each individual section (headers and mid-pipe) are compatible in any combination with stock components. I opted for the can only, as I prefer the routing of the stock pipes over that of the Arrow titanium system even in the face of the significant weight savings.

This past weekend I took a 600 mile tour from Seattle to the annual Fossil campout in central Oregon and was able to put the GRiSO through it's paces. The Arrow exhaust performed flawlessly throughout the rev range with no mapping changes required from stock. The throttle response was smooth and predictable and there is not even a hint of detonation on overrun. Of course this is with the dB killer in place, as I have not yet run the bike without it.

The exhaust is certified to Euro 3 standards and meets all emissions and sound level requirements therein. You can find additional information on this system as previously posted in this thread:

https://www.guzzitech.com/component/jmrphpbb/163/10277.html

Ordering information and instructions are described in detail on the Italian GRiSO club board linked here:

www.grisoguzzi.it translated by Google which helps us over here on this side of the Atlantic.

Here are some pictures and video of how it looks on my GRiSO 1200SE:

100_0096.JPG

100_0102.JPG

100_0094.JPG

100_0096.JPG

[youtube]GPt3cj7kpoE[/youtube]

Depending upon customs delays, shipping to the USA takes about 1-2 weeks. The vendor will quote a price without VAT which is roughly the same as the cost of shipping stateside.

Just another alternative for your consideration.

Very nice write-up, Steve. Thanks for taking the time to do that.

Do you live in West Seattle? (I used to - not far from the pier you took the shot of...)

Hey Steve,

that can sounds civilized, looks good too.

But I couldn't find any products for Guzzi on their web site.

@Jlyon - Yes, I live in West Seattle, good eye. I'm up on Pigeon Point, the very north end of Delridge.

@HOG4DNR - I don't think you'll be disappointed, it's a quality build and the folks at http://www.grsit.it were great about resolving the damaged unit that sent way back in January. I hope that you're going to be mounting the full system on a 1200. While it is supposed to be compatible throughout the GRiSO line, word amongst the Italians is that the flanges require modification to mate up with the 1100 heads. I don't think the differences in the exhaust ports were considered as they were designed on a 1200 8V.

@Rafael - How's it going? You were one of the last folks to see me on the 1100 GRiSO. I traded it in on the 1200SE right after the Nevada State Rally there in Carson City. The reason these aren't on Arrow's website is because they are not (yet) in commercial production. This is a limited run commissioned of the Special Parts group at Arrow. I suspect they might go into production at some point if they move this custom run. Probably cost a lot more at that point too. Are you guys coming up for Deep Forest again this summer?

Steve thanks for all the great info on the arrow pipe.After reading your posts and seeing the pics I decided to purchase the mid pipe,really liked the way it looks.Things went really smooth the new pipe arrived in good shape in a little over a week.Now I just need to get all my parts back from Mike Rich and I will be in business.

Back