• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

stalling

crossrunner

Just got it firing!
Me and my mate both bought Stelvios in 2012 and we both have the same problem.
After starting the bike from cold I have a short run from my house to the end of the road. When I pull in the clutch to stop at the junction the engine dies it will restart strait away. I have tried warming the engine for 5mins before setting of this makes not difference.
Both bikes have had there first service and have been set up correctly by somebody who knows what he is doing.
Does any one else have this problem?

Who did the set up? Valve lash? TPS is set to? The ECU is set to idle @1250 RPM. Only something mechanical or improperly set TPS will cause an issue.
p.s. Welcome to the Forum, and congrats on the Stelvio(!).

crossrunner said:
Me and my mate both bought Stelvios in 2012 and we both have the same problem.
After starting the bike from cold I have a short run from my house to the end of the road. When I pull in the clutch to stop at the junction the engine dies it will restart strait away. I have tried warming the engine for 5mins before setting of this makes not difference.
Both bikes have had there first service and have been set up correctly by somebody who knows what he is doing.Does any one else have this problem?

I think I would be looking here, only if the same person worked on the two bikes and made the same mistake could this happen to two bikes.. :S

I could be wrong... :whistle:

windy

ps, welcome on board...

+1 on the setup.

I had it happen to my Stelvio once. Couldn't figure it out then noticed that the my vacuum line to the canister on the right side had come off the TB throwing the sync out of balance. Did the same thing you said. Started no problem, then stalled on me at a light. Re-connected it and all was good. Have since removed the canister but that is another story. The fact that both bikes are doing at after the same service is a clue to your problem.

I would have the sync and TPS rechecked again...even better check it your self or watch them do it. The 8V likes to have a perfect balance.

Thanks for the welcome I have been on this forum before I had a 2v Norge for a couple of years.
The 2 bikes were serviced by 2 different dealers Motostrada and Teesdales both have a good reputation. Also my mate has all the software and the skill to set these bike up correctly so we have double checked everything that is why I thought it must be another caractoristic of these bikes

crossrunner said:
Thanks for the welcome I have been on this forum before I had a 2v Norge for a couple of years.
The 2 bikes were serviced by 2 different dealers Motostrada and Teesdales both have a good reputation. Also my mate has all the software and the skill to set these bike up correctly so we have double checked everything that is why I thought it must be another caractoristic of these bikes

I didn't realise two different dealers had worked on them, I wasn't being disrespectful to the mechanic just thought if it had been the same guy maybe he had missed something.

I've heard good things about Teesdales, are they in Thirst... ?

Moto Strada had a great rep when Jason was on the spanners, it dropped a bit when he stopped using them or wasn't hovering over whom ever was doing the work. Last time my bike was there I had Jason oversee the work, I've known him since he left Cobb & Jagger and he worked on my apes (aprilias) he's gone elsewhere now so there's no way of knowing what expertise the mechanics have, lets hope some of Jason's experience has rubbed off eh?

windy

Yes Teesdales are in Thirsk good service I went there because Jason had left Motostrada I think he has set up on his own servicing from his home

Hi there,

did you guys figured out waht causes the stalling? I have 2012 myself, 5000 km on the meter so far, that stalls the same way as described by crossrunner.

If there's an easy fix I'd love to hear about it ;)

I think there was a Service Bulletin a while ago about the problem of stalling after coming to a stop on the Breva 1100's, they say it was caused by a build up of an oil film inside the throttle bodies. The fix was to routinely remove them and clean them with an appropriate Carb Clean. I have since moved the engine breather from the air box to an external bottle and have had no stalling problems since. Not sure about the setup on a Stelvio, but worth a look.

BlizzGuzz said:
Hi there,

did you guys figured out waht causes the stalling? I have 2012 myself, 5000 km on the meter so far, that stalls the same way as described by crossrunner.

If there's an easy fix I'd love to hear about it ;)

Same here, my brand new 2013 does exactly the same thing. After it's warmed up it's OK, but it l loves to stall at the first stop after taking off in the morning. In general the cold start and running is very poor for a fuel injected bike, it runs more like a carb'd bike when it's cold.

I'm hoping this can be cured by adjustments or a reflash.

danketchpel said:
After it's warmed up it's OK, but it l loves to stall at the first stop after taking off in the morning.

Yep, my 2013 NTX had this too. Gone entirely after a reflash.

makarushka said:
danketchpel said:
After it's warmed up it's OK, but it l loves to stall at the first stop after taking off in the morning.

Yep, my 2013 NTX had this too. Gone entirely after a reflash.
That is very encouraging. I am planning on doing the reflash, just not sure exactly when. I've got a few other things to setup/improve/fix first.

I gotta get this windshield thing figured out first.

makarushka said:

Yep, my 2013 NTX had this too. Gone entirely after a reflash.[/quote]
ECU reflash (updated map...)? Which can be done by your local Guzzi mechanic? Or...?

Back