• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Guzzi ramblings... you've been warned

LDB

Tuned and Synch'ed
Posted this one other place and decided I'd throw it out here also. Hopefully that's ok.

Just joined a couple of weeks ago. Bike history runs from a Honda CT70, Kaw 125, Honda CB400/4 and R100/7. Then about 3 decades not riding. Then last year an FLSTC recently sold to a friend. During that time my dad had a Bridgestone 350 followed by an R75/5. We used to go downtown to the dealer that sold MG, Norton, Triumph and BSA as I recall although that was 35 to 40 years ago. He often talked about getting a MG but never got around to it. I want another bike and am thinking about a MG partly as a link to my dad since he used to want one as well.

I liked the HD but it's too heavy for running around goofing off riding. I've spent a lot of time on this and a couple of other MG forums as well as the MG website and that of a dealer or two, especially MPH since everything suggests they are a very good dealer.

At times I delude myself into thinking I'll ride to Bike Week and/or Sturgis. Odds are I'll never make trips that long. Even so, I look at the 1400 Touring and think about those trip possibilities. Then I look at the weight and it's basically the HD again minus 20 pounds or so. Usually that's followed by looking at the Norge which is the better part of 200 pounds lighter than the HD. With the gel lower saddle it might be easily handled for goofing off riding and also good for one of those insane (for me) rides. The Stelvio also comes in at this time although it's probably too tall for me. I'm 5'9" on a good day and 31" inseam give or take.

Then I start thinking it's highly unlikely I'll do more than a few hundred miles at most and usually much less than that. At that point the Griso gets a brief thought or two until I look at the ergonomics, the weight and the comparatively small fuel tank. Then it's time to think V7 Stone/Special. Factoring in size, weight, price etc. it usually seems the optimum choice. I haven't totally written off an F800 GT or Bonneville or something else but am leaning more toward a MG.

Then it all starts over again. So, I warned you about the ramblings. That's my story to this point.

So glad you brought your "ramblings" to the forum...the Guzzi community prides itself on being like a big Italian family.....we might argue, but ultimately, we stay tight.

A good friend up in Utah, became a the owner of an EV some years back, but kept his Harley, which had been his only bike for years....he once told me that the HD was a great bike for the street...but for the road, he preferred the Guzzi....There are many versions of the "California"...EV's, Jackal's, Stone's, the Metal's...Bassa's.....all the same basic bike. You can't go wrong with one of them....

Best of luck, and keep us posted....

Tim

Welcome...
Best to define your needs. The Griso can tour, one up might be best, the ergonomics are fine and the seat is comfy. The Norge and Stelvio can tour two up, the Stelvio is fine for 5'9.

Best to define your needs. I owned a Griso which I loved. My girlfriend and I wanted a betrer two up bike to take trips on and so now I have the Stelvio which is also a great bike. If I wanted a bike for short rides I might consider a V7.

You need to ride a bike before you can tell if it will work for you.

Good luck..

Vivo

I'm 5'9" and maybe a few eights on a good day if I stretch it.
I've ridden/owned a few Cali's, I usually add longer shocks for quicker steering and never had issues with reaching the ground.

You'll ride a Cali all day if you like, and goofin off as you call it.
A few mods like my longer shocks, drop the yokes a half inch and she steers quick and light in the tight mountains.

Back