• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Got the latest new Griso

Pascal

Cruisin' Guzzisti
Went to the Mountains 2 weeks ago and stopped at Riders Hill in Dahlonega GA to see the folks over there, I always do when I'm within 200 miles of them, lol.
Anyway, they had a black Devil (Demo) on display and this brand new Griso called the Copper Head... That's when I shit my drawers!
I never knew of this model but I had to have this thing real bad so I traded my white 09 for it and brought it home that weekend!! :woohoo: :woohoo:
This thing is stunning (IMO) and the wife went bezerk when she saw it in person, so is my 13 year old girl...
I transferred all my mods from the white bike to this one as I like the Griso that way.
Here are a few pics:

Very nice, but I gotta' ask, how much is Guzzi and how much you? Looks like a custom paint job. The wheels, fairing and hugger aren't stock, but they've been painted to match, the top of the seat and the Guzzi logo on the back are different, and I see the bar-ends and fender eliminator. I'm surprised there's been no mention of a model change or color option anywhere else.

Beautiful new Griso, Pascal! Congrats! All the transfered mods look great.
The seat stiching even matches the color better than it did on your white one!

That's a beautiful bike. What year is it? I've seen the orange Stelvio on the website but no others with orange as an option. The orange color is almost enough to sway me to a Stelvio instead of a V7. That's a beauty. Congratulations.

What year is that?
I have planned on something like that for my '07 ever since I bought it. Same type of color, a metallic copper, but probably not the stripes. But it does look great. I like what they have done.

Well guys, thanks for the compliments but here's the thing despite the prank I tried to pull... :D

I started being pissed with the "Griso8V" logo peeling off my tank and pulling the clear coat in the process.
So I had to repaint it and since the bike was down for doing maintenance at 32K miles, mainly replacing the alternator belt aaaannnnnnnnd... unreal! One solid week of cow piss rain predicted in FL.
So no riding during all that, I decided to have fun and change the color.
I liked the white fine but that tri-coat pearl is a bitch to match.

I wanted to do and see that color scheme so my bike was the guinea pig.
It's Ford canyon copper and the black is anthracite metallic (jag color) and that combo pops in the sun like crazy, especially the anthracite with its ultra fine green and purple metallic in it. Pictures don't do justice at all.

Now, I still want to get some Griso8V decals at least for the side panels but I ain't paying $60 for the pair and besides, it would have to be in a different color now.
Do any of you know a place where they make those reasonably?
I believe I can get some done locally but I'm not sure it'll be cheaper...

Yeah but to do it right I'd have to disassemble the bike almost completely.
If anything, I'll add a little bit of silver throughout the bike, like retaining the silver on the front fender like factory, maybe on the hugger.
I could also do a Griso8V logo on the side of the tank about 8 inches long with the 8V being black...
I don't know, sometimes less is more.

Pascal,
I had suspected you had "pulled a fast one" - that would have been a ton of mods to swap over from one bike to another in a weekend purchase, plus I hadn't seen a copper Griso at the Hill or listed on their website :lol:

Tons of work? Well, I had the Givi fairing on the bike the next day of purchase, lol.
I ordered it before I got the bike...
Within a week I made my eliminator at the back and did some other goodies.
I almost got Todd's right side exhaust but after reading a little, I understand that I needed the ECU reflash and I still want to hear it in person because I don't want it loud.
It sounds great on the video but you never can tell what it's gonna be like in person.
I'm saving his reflash anyway and other stuff as well...

Nice color choice...Im seriously thinking about having my Black 12 Griso SE painted. First Im kinda sick of the flat colors and second I really hate how guzzi cheaped out by using stickers for the stripes.. I realize other mfgs use stickers and decals but Ive never had any that look so cheesy and are damaged so easy. The silver on my tailpiece started to peel when I removed the dealers decal off of it the first day and I used no heat or chemicals just pulled carefully from the edges. I love the bike and other than budget paint and stripes I think this is a well put together quality bike.It just needs some quality paint to make it great..

Thanks.

Funny you mentioned that...
The "Griso 8v" label on my tank started to peel off when the bike was still new despite that they're clear coated over.
But since the factory uses very little clear it was bound to happen and when it does, the clear coat comes off as well and it looks like shit.
I waited until it was bad enough and said fuck it, I'm changing the color!
I also sprayed enough clear on the bike now, lol.
The Griso labels are too expensive so it's a stealth Griso for now.
There's a local guy that makes decals and I'm sure he can do those for me but I haven't had a chance to get around that yet.
I'm thinking the Griso in black and the 8V in silver...

The silver and black stripes that run along the tank and were on the tail section dont have any kind of clearcoat on them and I imagine in time will just begin to curl up at the edges..I might just strip all the decals off and have some kind of stripe painted over the stock silver on the tank..I cant believe how easy the decal came off the tail section, the warning stickers that came on my Suzuki were ten times harder to remove that the fake paint stickers on the Guzzi..

Back