• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V7R ECU Reflash Questions

speedy08

Just got it firing!
So I have been reading quite a bit about the great success of Todd's ECU reflash for the V7, but I have a couple questions.

I recently became friends with a new V7R. The ole 600 mile service is just a tick away.

Is the ECU reflash right for me? I don't seem to notice any issues with cold starting, or performance when riding. But maybe I am missing something? On a warm day, the pipes can be a bit blue where they exit the cylinder, is that normal?

Also, I am interested in purchasing some aftermarket exhausts. Should I wait and do the ECU reflash before or after installing the exhausts?

I had Todd reflash my 2012 before I had a hundred miles on it. It immediately ran cooler and was smoother accelerating. Unfortunately, my pipes turned blue before I could even get the bike to his house.

As far as the aftermarket exhaust goes, a lot depends on the pipes you buy. If you buy the pipes that don't have catalytic converters in them (Mistral, Agostini, LaFranconi, Zard), you will need to reflash the ECU to compensate for the extra air flow. Arrows, not so much. I had Todd reflash my ECU again when I put Agostinis on mine. Todd doesn't charge as much for follow-on work, but contact him directly for pricing. I was still getting quite a bit of popping, so Todd richened the mixture again for me (Todd said it was free 'til he got it right).

Todd's real good about turning around your ECU when you mail it to him. You won't have to wait long. He will also make a point about getting the 600 mile service done. Re-torquing the heads, adjusting the valves, and checking the TPS are very important.

If you have a 2013 with the single throttle body some of the above may not apply. I'm not sure how well the new fueling system works. Best to contact Todd.

I had the Arrow slip-ons prior to buying my Zard system and you could hear it being lean. It is similar to what my ZARD sounds like with the db killers in. But if you are adding an aftermarket open exhaust I would definitely do the reflash.

Pokey - yeah, it's a new 1TB motor:

speedy08 said:
Just wanted to take a moment to introduce myself, as I am a new member here and a new friend of a 2013 V7 Racer.

Anyway I'm still waiting to hear from someone who gets a reflash on the new motor.

Reports from Pete R were that the new motor is more adaptable to differences in mufflers and the like (not that I plan on replacing the stockers on ours).

That said, I'm not too anxious to remove my entire throttle body and send it across the country for a reflash anyway, so changes would have to be DRAMATIC.

I will say that though the changes on my B11 from the Guzzitech reflash were impressive, there was no appreciable change in head temperatures, and I doubt very much it would have prevented pipe blueing.

I have a new 2013 V7R w/ Arrows, I see you put your bike in the registry too! As you can see from the registry, most folks do switch out pipes. I haven't had to do any reflash with the Arrows. The bike runs perfectly, no decel popping, warm-up is about 2-3 minutes with no issues. Based on others experience, if you do go with a more open system (Mistral, Zard etc.) a reflash might be required but I wouldn't do a reflash unless you find your bike isn't runninng the way it's supposed to. The old adage applies, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"

tonUPRacer said:
I have a new 2013 V7R w/ Arrows, I see you put your bike in the registry too! As you can see from the registry, most folks do switch out pipes. I haven't had to do any reflash with the Arrows. The bike runs perfectly, no decel popping, warm-up is about 2-3 minutes with no issues. Based on others experience, if you do go with a more open system (Mistral, Zard etc.) a reflash might be required but I wouldn't do a reflash unless you find your bike isn't runninng the way it's supposed to. The old adage applies, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"

Makes sense friend. Thanks much all for the advice.

I have '13 Stone with Mistral pipes with the db killers removed and it runs as it did before the pipes. I think the 1tb motor is better at adapting. I have a thread with vid on it.

Matt

Kev M said:

Anyway I'm still waiting to hear from someone who gets a reflash on the new motor.

We have one that went out last week, and I'm eagerly anticipating its return for the results. I'll post back when I get 'em.

Loftness said:
Kev M said:

We have one that went out last week, and I'm eagerly anticipating its return for the results. I'll post back when I get 'em.

Looking forward to that

Back