• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

2003 breva 750ie purchase

Zombiesdad

Just got it firing!
I am looking at the above model with 60,000 km
Is there anything in particular I should look out for
I am 62, coming off a Ducati Pantah which is killing my back, neck etc so am going for a gentle tourer
I have heard that the gearbox can be noisy but is not a concern?

I can't think of anything other than the usual cycle stuff; engine compression, start up and running, etc.

It's a good design and with that mileage all the problems have been worked out.

Some people have reported excessive gear wear on 5th, in the transmission. The wear can be heard as a loud whine at highway speed. Upon disassembly bad 5th gears will look like they didn't get hardening when manufactured. However,....others have a similar whine in 5th and their transmission is good for miles and miles with no problem at all.

That is the only thing that comes to mind, and it affects just a few machines.

Joe

Got about 90000 on my 03 Breva by now. Whining in 5th since new. My cure are ear-plugs. Never seen any metal debris in the gearbox oil. Straight cut gears will whine to some extend, some seems to be louder than other. I'got no worries with the whine.

Thanks for the info, look at and most probably buy tomorrow, has Fender extenda and saddle bags but no screen.
Did they come with naked version?
Regards
Bill Owens
Ps how do you add what bikes you awn

Zombiesdad said:
Thanks for the info, look at and most probably buy tomorrow, has Fender extenda and saddle bags but no screen.
Did they come with naked version?
Regards
Bill Owens
Ps how do you add what bikes you awn

The small flyscreen was standard until '05 or maybe '06. Brevas after '06 are "naked" with the exception of the touring model, produced during '06 and '07 (this is out of memory, so don't take yrs for granted) which came with the (very turbulent!) touring screen as standard.

MotoGuzziBreva.jpg

MOTO%20GUZZI_Breva-750-2006_main.jpg

I'm not sure I ever saw the touring model live.

MOTO%20GUZZI_Breva-750-Touring-2006_main.jpg

Also the wheels changed color from brownish to silver from '06 as also all shades of the grey colors went to one single. And the main metallic color turned into a solid one. The Mickey Mouse mirrors were replaced with the chromed Breva 1100 mirrors.
But that's about it.

Ha, well it was a 2006 touring model set up, that I bought in 2007.
The tiny top bags were quickly changed for the $ 10 grill tray , that now, some 53 000 miles later is still doing good as a rack.
Then when the bolt rattled loose on one of the bag frames, and dropped the bag on the exhaust, well I got a large set o Saddlemen bags, with the loop over the top.
Im Back in Ohio at the mo, setting off for Utah in a couple o days.

www.motoguzziriders.com Yes its the same name as last year, but momma paid for it so .... what do I know ?
I hope you get years of trouble free riding, Enjoy !
Take Care Out There.

Back