• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Mounting the Norge

A

Anonymous

Hello all,
I have a favor to ask of Norge owners. I have a hip that thinks I'm old (I have been 39 for 32 years now) :lol: and I'm having some difficulty throwing a leg over the R1100RT.
So, could you see if you can mount your bike by stepping on the foot peg? The Beemer leans over too much and makes it difficult. I think the Norge is a little lower and there are no dealers out here in the boonies. Thanks in advance
Dennis

I could mount my '07 Norge by stepping on the foot peg but seldom did so. The seat was pretty low (I have a 32" inseam) already. FWIW, there is a Guzzi dealer in Yorktown, Virginia and I believe he has a new Norge in stock. You could call to verify. That's probably the closest dealer to you. 757-989-5000.

yes, I know about REDLINE, thanks. He is 160 miles from me, and I will visit this summer.

B11 is essentially the same. I step on my peg to get on when the rear seat is loaded up or when I don't feel flexible. Sidestand is designed to not sink into dirt as well.

Hi Dennis, I will be 70 in a couple of months and have 2012 Norge. My problem is picking the bike off the side stand. The Guzzi also leans over to far. If it's level and firm no problem. But if the conditions are not perfect it's a problem for Me.

Thanks to all for the info, and to fat albert, maybe we have an age thing going . The beemer has a glove box on the left where the radio used to be and I fashioned a 1/2" plywood disc about 31/2" dia. with a string attached to it and to the inside of the glove box. When the ground is soft or I need to reduce the angle of lean I kick the disc under the side stand. Then I can use the peg to mount and dismount. I can always do that with a Norge, it just looks so..............well you know.

Hi Dennis
It may be to late but I just installed a european side stand on my bike and what a difference. all my problems are solved. Thanks to Todd. I never thought I would have these kind of problems.

What is the difference between the US and European side stands? Fat Albert, you seem to imply that the European version makes it easier to pick up the bike - how is that possible, is the European side stand longer so that the bike has less of a lean?

I understand that the US one is bent and heavier/more solid than the European version - what's the difference in terms of operation and/or performance (other than that the US version does not allow for lowered foot pegs)??

fat albert said:
Hi Dennis, I will be 70 in a couple of months and have 2012 Norge. My problem is picking the bike off the side stand. The Guzzi also leans over to far. If it's level and firm no problem. But if the conditions are not perfect it's a problem for Me.

Hello Albert, here is what I do to pick easily my Norge off the side stand.
1- both hands on the bars and front brake applied
2- Bars locked at full righ.
3- Throw your leg and lift the bike from the stand
4 Bars back to the center.

My $0.02

Back