• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Should i do it??

SpoolinVR

Just got it firing!
Okay well long story short I recently learned of the Moto Guzzi griso. It was love at first sight and I cannot stop thinking about this. I am currently riding a HD V Rod Muscle 2011. I love my bike but I am also sick of the obesity of it. The v rod weighs in at 700 lb and handling is not the best. I always wanted an air cooled bike with that old school nostalgia but HD aircooled engines are the worst performance wise motors. I love everything about the Griso. Aircooled, great performance, naked bike, old school and new school, all blacked out.
Some input on dealerships would be great as well. I went to Brooklyn Vespa and Gold Coast Motorsports. Both of them were nice but wondering how they treat their customers long term. I live in queens ny so these two dealers are ideal. Thank you to everyone for your help.
I included a picture of my current bike

Attachments

• 050213170112.jpg
    050213170112.jpg
    928.7 KB · Views: 720
Sounds like you've already decided. You're going to love it. Your V Rod is a beauty. The Griso is a beast. Thrilling performance, great handling, weightless in motion.

8626824275_f500ae53e6_c.jpg

You won't regret the switch.
Hopefully someone from the area can provide feedback on the dealer question.

The Griso should have a level of suspension control that you will not have experienced with the Harley. I would expect on the pot holes of New York you will discover a better ride and more confidence. Pull the trigger and get an Italian Stallion!

The Griso handling will be a huge improvement along with more comfy seat and old school character that the VRod doesn't really have. The VRod engine would be quieter and have a smoother feel overall but the Griso engine is a genuine air cooled beautiful thing too. They are different.

I tested a VRod, found it confines my position too much for my liking and the handling was a bit odd, the power was the best part I thought.

You should demo a bike. I owned one, now riding a 13 Stelvio. The Griso has soft luggage or aftermarket hard bags.

Vivo

Do it!
The Rod is definitely a cool bike and I think Harley managed pretty well to make the engine look like well, a Harley, despite all the water cooling system.
The Griso still wins on every level IMO so go get one.

My previous bike was a M109r sometimes compared to the vrod. Awesome engine and as long as i stayed on open roads or highways a perfect fit. But he 700+lbs and that fat 250 wheel in back made handling a bit of a bear on smaller roads. The Griso is more of an all rounder compared to a muscle cruiser. Engine is almost as sweet as the M109r, ergos fit me fine, I wasn't quite as tired on My Griso after a 3hr plus ride on the highway as on the M109r. Also its got the looks, walk away and always look back and think that is a damn good looking bike. handles better in more street situations, a little thirstier. Real happy with it. If you're still thinking muscle cruiser also check out the new California. Has gotten great reviews as well.

Thanks for all the tips and opinions. Grimace I am not looking to get another muscle. I want to slim it down a bit and like you said the big tire in the back looks killer but it definitely doesn't help in the handling department. I currently have my bike for sale with lots of interest. Just holding out till I can get the most $ possible. When does the new model year come out for Moto Guzzi? Is there anyone in the ny area that purchased a bike from either dealer? Any feedback would be great.

I know a guy who bought his V7 from Brooklyn Vespa and seems to like them OK.

I'm in Jersey but I bought mine from Fast By Ferraci since I often work out of Philadelphia, and it's actually easier for me to get there than to make it to Motorcycle Mall in Bellville.

I have an '09 8V Griso which is very similar but not identical to the newest Grisos.

New Guzzis suffer from heavy depreciation so the newest bikes will be thousands more than a low milage bike available used. If I was to do it again...

Gold Coast and Brooklyn have idiots on the sales floor. The Guzzi tech for Brooklyn seems a good guy and did me a solid when I went in with a warranty issue. I do my own maintenence.

I am in Queens as well so if you want to come over and chat feel free 9 one 7 593 6133

Dave

And your Harley Buddies...

For what its worth, most Harley riders seem to like Guzzis, at least my Griso.

Always come up at look at it, ask questions, almost always a thumbs up. So, unlike buying some other bikes, you are less likely to be scorned by the Harley cult. (If that is important to you).

I understand your 'affliction' with the Griso. Go for an '09 or later used as your first choice (most I've seen have ridiculously low miles), new as a last resort. Oh yea, there is no 'lifestyle' with Guzzi ownership.

Goodvibes said:
I understand your 'affliction' with the Griso. Go for an '09 or later used as your first choice (most I've seen have ridiculously low miles), new as a last resort. Oh yea, there is no 'lifestyle' with Guzzi ownership.

I never really got into the 'lifestyle'. Probably bc I am 28 and my previous bikes were gixxers. I just really loved the styling of the Harley Vrod and I was able to ride with my father and brother without being scorned.
Just an update. I have a buyer for my Vrod so it will be gone on Sunday. Guess ill be getting the black devil after all :twisted:
I am leaning towards new bc I can't find any used black devil grisos around my area.

I am a little upset now. Just sold my Vrod and it was hard watching the guy drive away with it on the trailer. So now I have this humongous wad of cash burning a hole in my pocket. I would like to get a used black devil se 12 or 13. Does anyone have one or know of one that is for sale? If I can't find one within a week ir two I will just get a new one from the dealer. To everyone that bought a new Griso from the dealer. How much were you able to work the price/prep fee/delivery?
I appreciate the help. Thanks.

Price a brand new bike. It will have two year warranty intact, and then make a choice between a new bike and a used bike. I'm not certain a used bike is a better value? I would price both.

Vivo

Finding a used 2012 or '13 is going to be tough, if not pure luck. Not saying you can't find one, just remember Guzzis have really limited production numbers, even without the SE (Special Edition) status.
Good luck on your search, and post again when you land one.

Back