• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V65TT

Fader

Tuned and Synch'ed
This is an OK trail bike, but with it's size and weight on the rocky and rutted fire roads it just won't steer or stop! (my friends on their Hondas destroy me) I've already heavily modified it, but it does need taller gearing for the freeway and it needs less weight and stiffer fork springs. It is a great bike on twisty paved roads and thru town. On single track trails it's lower gearing and low rpm torque will really surprise you. I have yet to get stuck.
Towers2.jpg

Fingee.jpg

Aha! I recognize the dent in the tank...I owned that bike about 5 years ago- bought it from EPF in Prescott. (No, I didnt dent it!) The guy I sold it to in SoCal went through alot of trouble to get the forks straightened out. I do notice a few later mods there...shocks, fairing, exhaust? (It had dual shorty Supertrapps) I thought it was an absolute dog offroad(way unmanageable) and just too underpowered on the street. I ended up selling it because I thought I would surely blow it up! cheers -- Rob in Austin.
V65TT.jpg

Hi Rob-
Not the same bike. I've had mine over 5 years and I got it from a friend in San Jose that has had it since new.
I think the bike you had was owned by a guy in SoCal named Bill, who I was in contact with by email a few times.
For sure off-roading it is tough, and on the freeway it revs really high! Kind of a dumb bike really, unless you live in the mountains. But it is a nice around town bike, and does great in the twisties.
I think pretty much every '80's dual-sport with a metal tank has the same dents, especially Hondas.

Hi Fader,

Nice looking V65TT. How does it compare to the KLR? Better on the road?... in the dirt?... smoother?

Thanks.

Hi Fader, I know its an old threat, but in the picture I see you changed the front brake. Can you tell me witch parts you used and how much work was involved? I own a TT now for a couple of years, fun bike, but the original front brake doesn't do much..

The caliper is a Brembo Gold line 4-pot mounted with a bracket that was custom made. The disc is from an 850T3 and the outer diameter had to be trimmed down. It works great, the master cylinder needs a different size and for sure I need to use steel lines though. In case the guy with the KLR still lurks, this bike weight-wise feels the same, but is much less bulky than the klr. The shaft drive gets a little jerky at really low trail speed, but all the instant torque will really save your ass. Mush better road and twisties bike too for sure

Thanks a lot, I allready have a caliper of a Ducati monster 600 waiting to be fitted, so the only things a have to find is a disk and the correct master. I wasn't sure about witch disk would fit, and with a Moto Guzzi trackday coming up in April in Belgium, Mettet, I want to be sure to be able to brake :D
So, thanks again, Els

G'day fella's!

Just got onboard hoping to find a bit of info on TT tips for improving the front brakes. Great for a pebbly gravel road no doubt but as far as onroad goes - would the word dangerous be too strong? Anybody else had brake work upgrades done?

Recently landed a Monza I was after & got my hands on this TT as well - it has a great rorty note on it - only pic so far is the one from ad. It's destined to be my little bush-pig goose as my Quota is too heavy for a bit of bush bashing in the arvo' with my bro who has a Yammie wr250r so it'll be interesting to see how close I can keep to him!

Needs knobs so who's using what - any tips?

Attachments

• V65 TT.jpg
    V65 TT.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 1,198
Back