• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

tonti & loop pix thread

Here goes, here's mine showing how it started, half way through and finished. The tank is Ducati 750/900ss, the seat unit is homemade in alloy, swinging arm is homemade from alloy with floating bevel box, exhausts and headers are homemade from stainless. Wheels are Astralites. I'm now changing it a bit, I've put high bars on (for a bit more comfort, it's a long stretch over that tank) and am in the process of making a new swinging arm from steel box, and a new bevel box bracket from stainless, and tidying the wiring up a bit.
Mk2 le mans frame and cases, not much to start with. It took me a while, but i got there in the end.

Rescued a '76 T-3 from barn vacation in central Texas... before:
76T3.jpg

...after:
whitegoose.jpg

...sold it :(

Added more photos for kompost above... nice job!

Ugh, yep, I sold it- needed cash. Fortunately I got a real good price and I think the new owner is stoked.

Geoff W from Manawatu in New Zealand wrote:
After 5 years of trying I have managed to find a 18 x 3.5 astrolite for the back of my le mans...
He will be sending more photos soon once he gets it mounted up. Enjoy:

Hello! I'm a Guzzi rider from Finland. Here,s a picture of my -91 Cali 3, ex lebanese police bike.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 1,650
Nice Hane, welcome to the Forum! Looks like a newer Cali tank. Side covers stock?

Tell us about your 2-1 exhaust?!

I have been working on getting this 1975 T-3 back on the road after a extended hibernation (20+ years). Overall it was relatively complete and in good shape but the engine and brakes were stuck. It had been sitting in a dealership (now closed) and then a barn since 1977 after having been traded in on a 1000cc bike.

385320202_73kJr-L.jpg

Since it had the infamous chrome bores and I wanted to put new seals throughout, it went this far:

275427149_UrSRG-L.jpg

It is now at this point in the rebuild:

470879435_eKq33-L.jpg

475193599_pN2ik-L.jpg

I hope to have it on the road later this year.

Hey Dave,

That T3 looks like a good project.

Could you post a close up of the windshield/spotlight mounts? I'm in the throws of restoring a 80 G5 and didn't get those parts.

G5B4Flrbrds.jpg

Tonerjockey

Looks like T3 & G5 both well on the way to again becoming useful members of the biking community. I see the G5 has had the stock wire wheels swapped out for the Guzzi tube type cast wheels of the day, and both bikes appear to still have the stock shocks. If the latter is correct, believe me they are junk, you'll want to replace them. Suggest Ikon's current day copy of the period correct Konis, reasonably priced & far superior to the stockers. My T3FB has those same cast wheels, converted to tubeless, & Ikons.

Properly restored & maintained, these round head "standards" are great bikes & will go on forever.

Yes it is a newer Cali tank. The original was so rusty and leaky. The rear fender is original Cali 3 front fender and the front fender is some japanese plastic thing. The down pipes are original and that crossover I made of stainless steel and the muffler is from HD Sportster. The rear light is also from a newer Cali. I have made lots of stainless parts.

Here is some pictures of my Cali when I bought it. The tank , side panels and rims ha been painted (badly) in Lebanon.

Attachments

• c.JPG
    c.JPG
    636.3 KB · Views: 1,288
Wow Hane, you are to be commended on your persistence and tenacity for bringing a dead Guzzi back to life! Toner and Vintage, much the same!

:huh:

So far it's been an interesting journey with the G5.

I agree about the Ikons. I have them on the Eldo and V7 Sport LSR racer and am satisfied so far. Only problem is one of the Ikons came a few mm shorter than the others. Still sorting that out.

The cast wheels came with the G5. It's provenance says it is a LOW mile original parts bike. I dunno if I could ever prove that...

Toner

Toner,

I took a few close up pictures of the brackets. Rather than clog up the GuzziTech server I posted them in my SmugMug Guzzi Gallery.

Follow the link below, the pictures are number 245 thru 253.

If you need other angles or info let me know. Your G-5 almost could be a twin of my T-3!

Link: T-3 Police Brackets

Back