• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V7 Fork Upgrades

GT-Rx said:
99sh said:
Are you a Traxxion dealer as well? Looking to get the AK20 cartridges.
Yes, I sure am. For your V7?

Yes for a V7R. Are you also a Traxxion 'authorized' Independent Installer? I was going thru the list of CA dealers and didn't find anything close to Malibu (where I think you're located?).

http://www.traxxion.com/dealers.aspx

When I spoke to the Traxxoin guys last, he did mention the install of the AK20 cartridge is more complicated for the V7 than other kits. Didn't go into detail, but will ask him in my next correspondence. His recommendation was to ship out the forks to him to make sure it's done properly. I was hoping to install everything myself.

99sh said:
Yes for a V7R. Are you also a Traxxion 'authorized' Independent Installer? I was going thru the list of CA dealers and didn't find anything close to Malibu (where I think you're located?). When I spoke to the Traxxoin guys last, he did mention the install of the AK20 cartridge is more complicated for the V7 than other kits.
I'll send them a note about the dealer listing, thanks (yes). The AK-20 is pretty pricey @~$1000, and I suspect if you speak with them next, they may tell you they haven't done any V7 forks yet, hence why they are asking you to ship them there. If you do this, keep me posted... or let me know if I can be of help.

GT-Rx said:
99sh said:
Yes for a V7R. Are you also a Traxxion 'authorized' Independent Installer? I was going thru the list of CA dealers and didn't find anything close to Malibu (where I think you're located?). When I spoke to the Traxxoin guys last, he did mention the install of the AK20 cartridge is more complicated for the V7 than other kits.
I'll send them a note about the dealer listing, thanks (yes). The AK-20 is pretty pricey @~$1000, and I suspect if you speak with them next, they may tell you they haven't done any V7 forks yet, hence why they are asking you to ship them there. If you do this, keep me posted... or let me know if I can be of help.

They actually have done a V7 fork which is why they asked to send them in based on their prior experience.

I know it's a new fork cap, but would think the cartridge is also a drop in replacement? Guess not.

If you want to hang tight, Matris is in the middle of developing a drop in kit, that I suspect will a great deal less money. I also sent you a direct e-mail.

GT-Rx said:
If you want to hang tight, Matris is in the middle of developing a drop in kit, that I suspect will a great deal less money. I also sent you a direct e-mail.

Thanks Todd. I am interested. Looking to do the fork cartridge and a Penske 8983 rear upgrade.

Now off to google AK20 vs Matris reviews. I know Traxxion has a great track record. Never looked into Matris below.

Todd, would the Emulators and springs be enough to stop the wallowing of the front end? I'm 180 lbs with gear on the 2013 V7 Racer

GT-Rx said:
I now have the Fork Spring and Emulator Kits online here; https://www.guzzitech.com/store/produc ... pathway-16

These work quite well for the $ investment for anyone who likes to have fun in the twisties, and/or weighs over 170 lbs with gear.

cytocycle said:
Todd, would the Emulators and springs be enough to stop the wallowing of the front end? I'm 180 lbs with gear on the 2013 V7 Racer
Well, I'm not Todd, but I have the emulators and springs on my 2012 Racer and I can give you a resounding "yes" on that one.

I dont know about you guys, but not having the adjustability to change preload/comp/rebound bothers me.

Todd, not sure if you saw my email but looking for a quote on the AK20s.

Thanks!

GT-Rx said:

I contacted Matris in regards to the V7 kit. Looks like there's nothing in development at this point.

" Hello,

Thank you for your contact. We are sorry to inform you that actually we have not available a specific fork kit or other products dedicated to Guzzi V7 model. Probably, in the future (as soon as possible) we will check this bike and we will study/develop some dedicated products. I will keep you informed. Kind regards.

A.Turcato Matris srl "

As a dealer of products in my Store, I am always amazed that I post first-hand knowledge, and folks tend to think that a consumer e-mail to a company can warrant more information then a vendor who is working directly with the manufacturer. I am supplying Matris with multiple suspension components for development, including the V7. Their generic response is because they do not want to commit to a completion date as I've already stated above.

GT-Rx said:
As a dealer of products in my Store, I am always amazed that I post first-hand knowledge, and folks tend to think that a consumer e-mail to a company can warrant more information then a vendor who is working directly with the manufacturer. I am supplying Matris with multiple suspension components for development, including the V7. Their generic response is because they do not want to commit to a completion date as I've already stated above.

Please dont take that post personally, I have no way in telling you were working with Matris directly. Based on your last response, Im surprised that their marketing dept doesnt mention that a kit is under development. They dont need to provide a date, but a little something for the consumer to bite on would be nice. Easy way to loose potential buyers in the market.

Anyway, still interested in getting a AK20 quote. Please email me back.

99sh said:
Please dont take that post personally, I have no way in telling you were working with Matris directly. Based on your last response, Im surprised that their marketing dept doesnt mention that a kit is under development. They dont need to provide a date, but a little something for the consumer to bite on would be nice. Easy way to loose potential buyers in the market. Anyway, still interested in getting a AK20 quote. Please email me back.
I'm a dealer for Matris products (listed on their website in fact), but fair enough about you not knowing if I was working with them on the kit. My post above wasn't informative enough in saying they are working on a kit I suppose.
Vague is the Italian way.
I'm searching for your e-mail.

I run Traxxion on my '09 V7. The forks were sent to them for fitting. This was done prior to my buying the spike, but was told the forks needed machined for these to be installed, involving more than just fitting new caps.

As for the
you mentioned, you don't need new forks to fix this, you need proper suspension settings (i.e. sag, etc). FInd someone who knows how and after a bit of time with the bike you will be amazed at how the wallow goes away.

If anyone would like to try my V7 wih the Traxxion set up , Wilbers in back, please let me know. We can meet in SoCal and let you give it a go.

–Anthony

LaGrasta said:
As for the
you mentioned, you don't need new forks to fix this, you need proper suspension settings (i.e. sag, etc). FInd someone who knows how and after a bit of time with the bike you will be amazed at how the wallow goes away.
–Anthony

Thanks for your input. What made you purchase the full cartridge kit vs getting only springs or an emulator?

Jumping back & forth between my race bike and the V7 is my issue. I know the V7 is what it is, but I like my suspension firm with solid feedback.

Back