• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Considering a new Stelvio

Batt57

Just got it firing!
Hi, new forum member here.

I am also a relatively new Moto Guzzi owner having purchased my V11 Tenni late last year. I have since fallen in-love with that motor! I sold my 2002 V-Strom last year and bought a ST1300. That bike had no soul... it was like riding a vanilla ice cream cone. I ended-up trading it in on a new Tiger 800 for the wife. So after riding the Tiger around I have been wanting another big ADV bike. The Tiger is too small for me and just not my cup-of-tea. I hadn't really considered the Stelvio until a buddy of mine was telling me about his test ride on a 2013 BMW GS. He didn't like the new GS at all ( he currently has a '12 GS and a "13 800GS) and mentioned the price of the new Stelvio. The current price seems like a great value for what you get.

I plan on making the trip to a dealer to see the bike in-person soon. The one thing that I have noticed is there doesn't seem to be many companies making accessories for this bike. Touratech doesn't list Moto Guzzi on their website and SW Motech shows no rack parts for the bike either. Am I missing something?

Any comments or advice will be much appreciated. I am looking to purchase before the end of the year.

Batt57,
Welcome to Stelvio NTX land. Aftermarket stuff is pretty thin but that is to be expected with a bike that sells in such small numbers. The good news is that the NTX already comes with just about any farkles you might want. OK, the farkles might not be exactly the brand you would pick...TRAX bags do not appeal to everyone...the aux lights have been a problem for many of us...windscreen choices are limited. With all that said, right out of the crate the bike is pretty damn good. Even the seat seems to fit most asses pretty well.
Now, to address the rack options. Kirb over at AdvRider (on the Stelvio forum) made up some stainless steel racks that are pretty neat. Contact him to see if he is going to do another batch.
When you do take a look at the NTX you will find that it's not nearly as large looking or feeling as the various reviews would lead one to believe. In the past two weekends I have put about 2600 miles on mine and can attest to the fact that it's a wonderful sport touring machine. Others (Leafman60) have done comparisons between the GSA and NTX so I won't go there. I think that you will be very pleasantly surprised when you sit on the NTX, particularly if the Tiger is too small. You will be like Goldilocks..."Just right!".

Peter Y.

Good choice. I found most of the farkles that I needed at mgcycle.com , a windshield at calsci.com and foot pegs from SW motech. Wolfman bags for the tank and as a real off road bag in place of the Trax. I got the O2 optimisers from Todd on here to fix the lean idle and now everything is just right. :lol:

It made a fine replacement for my R1200GS and might even be better as my short little legs can almost reach the ground on the Stelvio. :roll:

Marc

You'll love this bike . I picked up my new 012 in April and after 4,000 kms is starting to loosen up a bit and runs great . Apparently gets better and better up to 10,000 kms ! I ordered Todds remapped ECU (has them on this site) shortly after getting the bike as European emission standards make the bike run a bit lean . The improvement was noticeable right away especially between 3 and 4000 rpms. Todd has other improvements for fueling as well and makes a real nice after market muffler specifically for this bike . I can't say enough about this bike as it comes fully loaded if you go the NXT route and the price is excellent .
I would like a higher windscreen as i'm over 6 ft. and has been hard to find as your right about accessories but the brand is getting better and companies are providing more add on's all the time .
This site will always help with questions and all are passionate about these bikes . Good luck with your test ride , you'll be impressed .

lomax said:
Good choice. I found most of the farkles that I needed at mgcycle.com , a windshield at calsci.com and foot pegs from SW motech. Wolfman bags for the tank and as a real off road bag in place of the Trax. I got the O2 optimisers from Todd on here to fix the lean idle and now everything is just right. :lol:

It made a fine replacement for my R1200GS and might even be better as my short little legs can almost reach the ground on the Stelvio. :roll:

Marc

Hey Marc , I ordered the cal sci windscreen and there's no way it fit without rubbing the nose cone . The washers they provided did'nt do the trick . Its still sitting in the garage so maybe hope . What modifications did you do to make it work and hows the wind noise when in top gear ? Cheers on getting it on by the way !

Givi do a taller screen but I am not sure if its taller than the NTX OEM fit? I have a Euro only standard non NTX with the lower and narrower OEM screen. I may upgrade to the GIVI tall screen sometime.

Have a look at there site.

steve lindsay said:
Hey Marc , I ordered the cal sci windscreen and there's no way it fit without rubbing the nose cone . The washers they provided did'nt do the trick . Its still sitting in the garage so maybe hope . What modifications did you do to make it work and hows the wind noise when in top gear ? Cheers on getting it on by the way !

Steve,

I put two washers on the bottom and had no problem what so ever. Mine actually did fit with just the one washer but two made it get a little more air under the screen. I also had 2" cut off of mine and that made it perfect for my 5"10" frame. This seems odd to me as the Calsci does not have the points on it like the stock windscreen and should fit not problem.

You did move the rubber grommets from your stock windshield over did you not? I know silly question. :D

Get a couple more big washers and give it a try.

Marc

I purchased a 2013 Stelvio NTX last December and now have over 10,000 miles on it. I purchased the following farkels for the Stelvio. I am 6'3" and needed to change the wind buffeting on the windshield and wanted to stretch out my legs, so I added the highway pegs.
Windscreen add on
http://www.laminarlip.com/stelvio.php

Twisted Throttle: 855-255-5550
Throttle Lock Cruise control: $120 SKU: KAO.STELHG
http://www.twistedthrottle.com/catalogs ... KAO-STELHG
Top Case:
Givi E708 rack: $99.00 SKU: Givi E708
http://www.twistedthrottle.com/givi-top ... elvio-1200

Givi Treker case: $391.00 SKU: Givi TRK52N
http://www.twistedthrottle.com/givi-tre ... iters-case

Backrest: $49.50 SKU: Givi E118
http://www.twistedthrottle.com/givi-e11 ... kker-cases

Foot peg clamps: $100.00 SKU: MFW.SBL.B
http://www.twistedthrottle.com/footpeg- ... pair-black

Foot pegs: $74.00 SKU: MFW.050.00.04.00-8
http://www.twistedthrottle.com/mfw-supe ... pair-black

FIAMM Freeway blaster horns - need two - one low note and one high note.
Low Tone is #3830 High Tone is #3831
$17 each from Aerostich
http://www.aerostich.com/fiamm-freeway- ... -horn.html

Powerlet Bracket: $26.95
http://www.powerlet.com/search?keywords=pbr-003
Also needed outlets and wiring for two Powerlet outlets to be mounted in the left side of the bike for heated gear plug in for both rider and passenger.

Congratulations. I am one of the lucky ones. I bought a new 2012 NTX in May this year. Out of the box it was perfect for me. I am 5'11" with a 33" inseam. If I wear proper boots, I can flat foot it. The screen in upper position allows me to ride without ear plugs, which I never do. No buffeting at all.

The only complaint is from my wife. We are coming off an '06 Breva 1100. She sits lower as the pillion on the Stelvio. We keep banging helmets. :D

One question, has anyone thought about making the back platform moveable so it can become a small back rest? Something that is similar to the Buell Ulysses.

I am not a "top box" type of person.

Enjoy the bike - I know you will

I

Back