• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Am I missing something ???

bigkev

Tuned and Synch'ed
While fitting a rear hugger I noticed the top linkage on the rear suspension Shock absorber does not have a nut on the end of the bolt, is this normal or is this something else fell off my Stelvio ? Already lost the hugger and a spot lamp this week ffs !!!!

Attachments

• IMG-20130622-00149.jpg
    IMG-20130622-00149.jpg
    279.3 KB · Views: 549
bigkev said:
While fitting a rear hugger I noticed the top linkage on the rear suspension Shock absorber does not have a nut on the end of the bolt, is this normal or is this something else fell off my Stelvio ? Already lost the hugger and a spot lamp this week ffs !!!!

Your good...no nut. Threads into the bushing.

As for the aux lights. Do yourself a favor and get rid of them now before they leave you stranded. Just do a search on the forum and you will find many references and solutions to your problem.

Just finished reading a review for the NTX in Motorcycle magazine (a rather poorly written one, but that is another story) and they had to cut their test ride short because of a mysterious generator failure....hmmmmm....bet I know what happend.... :laugh:

Thanks guys, was just a 'little concerned' about the lack of a nut.

The spotlight mount came away from the crash bar at the weld, a crack was noticed last month while it was in for the loose spoke fiasco, a new crash bar was ordered then under warranty, of course it still hasn't turned up, that KTM 1190 is looking better all the time !!!!

All this bolt on crap isnt so much of an issue. I would bet Moto Guzzi never manufactured the crash bars, just like the lamps. I'm installing inline fuses to both my lamps, if one shorts no big deal is it? This is an easy fix, you guys know the cause and yet you cry about it... how difficult is it to fuse each lamp? I had a Kawasaki Concours 14 and we had one or two persons that had a hard side case leave the bike... the solution was a simple pin on the lower mount and yet there were guys who refused to make a simple hole and shove a pin in it making the hard case impossible to dismount the bike!

Oh well, bad day for me, was rear ended this morning and later sent a text that ended a good relationship, ooppps... wrong message to the wrong woman...
Vivo

Yep as far as i know the bars are made by another company not Guzzi, the 2013 bars have been modified to resolve the weld problem with anothe brace welded on. A better mod would be to mount the crash bar to the frame and not direct to the block (too much vibration) this would cure cracked welds as well as spotlamps shaking themselves to bits.

My twist is about 5 weeks and counting for a replacement bar ordered under warranty!!!

Kev

Back