• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

My take on the new V7 Racer, just hit 325 miles!

V7Racer

Just got it firing!
Long story short......I love it! This is definitely a different style bike than what I'm used to (I also ride Harley Road King and Buell 1125R). Getting situated from the initial ride took a few tweaks. The first thing I noticed while revving the motor while sitting still was the bike tilting slightly to the right with each twist of the throttle. No big deal just a sensation I've never encountered before, as this is my first transverse engine. I can only imagine this sensation on the big bore Guzzi's! The dealer must never have checked my headlight level as it was pointing high up in the trees. The other adjustment needed was lowering the gear shift lever as it too was way high for easy and comfortable shifting. These simple fixes and I was ready to roll.

I truly love the way this bike feels....very light and agile. Not the kick in the pants the Rotax motor in the Buell has, but I knew this and was not what I was looking for with this purchase. The bike is absolutely gorgeous and when I'm not staring at it myself I notice how many other people are also intrigued. Every time I ride I get thumbs up, waves, honking horns, and yells. Even the guys on tricked out Japanese sport bikes are "rubber necking". And when it's parked I'm always getting compliments from young kids to old timers.

I'm still breaking this bike in and haven't even passed the 4K rpm mark yet. Interesting to me is that there is no red-line indicated! The bike does need a few minutes to warm up or she will sputter upon releasing the clutch, once warm no issues. I also have learned to watch while downshifting for the green neutral light to know I'm back in first. Trying to downshift this bike from 5th to 1st at a dead stop is not an easy process. Without a gearshift indicator I have found myself stabbing for another gear but this is something I've done on almost every bike I've ridden. Sometimes at idle in neutral I hear what sounds like clutch chatter which is a bit disconcerting, but I'm hoping just a trait I need to adjust to.

Also several times I've heard a sound coming from the bike (a couple seconds in duration) when it's parked and off, even hours or a day since being ridden. It's sounds like an electrical servo motor or a fuel pump or something.....I'm still unsure what it is. I also notice on the clutch lever a small inside notch at about the 3rd finger location which has me stumped. Almost like it could be for clearance if you were wearing a ring and pulling lever with only 2 fingers. I initially didn't think the bike had lockable steering until I turned the bars to opposite side of that on my American bikes. And the feature of the auto dimming headlight if you leave the key on is also a great idea.

I'm still learning this bike and very much looking forward to racking up the miles. It's been a true joy thus far, so smooth to ride it is truly addicting. Makes me wish I had considered Moto Guzzi much earlier in my riding career. Day by day I am becoming more and more of a believer and loyalist. Ride safe my friends!

:D

Good report. The bike only gets better as it breaks in. A couple notes:

- There is actually quite a bit of adjustment available for the rearsets. If you remove a footpeg, you will discover it can be in three different postions. The toe pads on the levers can be rotated as well.

- The notch in the clutch lever is just a break-away. The end is designed to break off if you drop the bike. No such thing on the right side, but, then again, different manufacturers (Domino and Brembo).

- Get used to the clutch rattle.

- Raising the forks about 10mm in the triple trees will really improve slow speed maneuvers.

Enjoy your bike and post often - with pictures.

Congrats! they are great bikes and I just finished my breakin too. You may want to take her up past 4K RPM for proper break-in. These bikes aren't like Harleys and like to rev. Just take it up smoothly. She will easily go up 6K and not complain. That 4K-6K zone is where she really shines.

Oh, yeah. I found the fuel cut-off on mine at 8K RPM. So redline might be at 7000 or 7500 or so. I spend quite a bit of time at 5-6K and the bike is very happy there. That's 80+ MPH. That's on the older 2TB bike. With all the improvements, you may do better!

Anyone know what that humming noise is when the bike is off? I recently unplugged my battery and it was still making that darn noise :huh:

Mine went over 2000 miles last week with only 1 months riding. The bike is pretty well broken in and handling is great. I did 353 miles the Friday before in the local mountains. It kinda used me up, it's a bit heavier steering than what I'm used to and tired me out! it's a great bike though, just gotta whip myself into shape. No problems with it so far.
Bare

I'm the owner of a 2013 V7 Stone, the first bike I've ridden in 35+ years (my former bike was a Honda CB77 Superhawk!). First, I agree that it's a great bike. It's plenty fast for an old geezer like me, has great throttle response, plenty of take-off torque, and it goes where you want it to go.

I can explain why there is a notch on the clutch lever (also one on the front brake lever). During the first week of trying to relearn how to ride, I stalled it during a slow left turn at an intersection and it went down. No damage to me, and the bike suffered only small scuffs on the left valve cover and handlebar end plug, and the clutch handle snapped off at the aforementioned notch. After I picked up the bike and dusted myself off, I was able to ride the bike home using the remaining stub of the lever. If the notch weren't there, the lever would probably have snapped off at the hinge, and there'd be no way to ride the bike. So, I think that the notches are there to provide a snap-off point.

If this happens to you, you may want to know that you can buy just the replacement lever, without having to buy the whole kit. The part number is 32605511. I got mine from MC Cycle for $23.27 instead of paying $45 for the whole assembly.

Very nice report, I am intreged by the V7 racer. Anyone want to trade me my two 72 Eldorado's for one. :mrgreen:

Marc

Hi Guys!
I haven't chimed in lately, been pretty busy. Thanks for all the info and feed back, I really appreciate it. Been enjoying the V7 Racer when ever I can. Was hoping to go for a spin this afternoon but as I sit here typing I look outside and see it raining! :(

grade247: I purchased this bike from a small shop in Holland NY (near Buffalo) called Williamsville Competition.

Still under 500 miles thus far but have been taking the rpm into the 6 - 7K range and the bike seems quite happy there.......I am too as it really has a great feel and comes alive in this range. It is just as happy though just cruising along in the 3 - 3.5K range as well.

As quick as it started to pour rain, the sky is now blue and beautiful, so I will proceed with original plans to hit the open road (dodging the rain showers if need be). Hope you all enjoy the weekend!

Back