• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

New Metzler Z6 Interact

Mike.C

High Miler
I was updating the Stelvio tyre list with the Z6 yesterday and low and behold they've got a new one - the Z6 Interact.

Anyone got the good oil on it?

LINK HERE

From looking at the tire on your link, rear still has no groove down the center just like the "old" Z6-which is enough for me to refuse to ever use it. When ridden mostly as a tourer (on Norge), can't really tell when you are about to run out of tread down the center-until you see the cord. Happened to me on a long trip far from home. Was lucky to find a tire right when I needed it.

I've been using them for about 3,000 miles. Replaced the original Z6 at about 5,500. Since I have not used another tire on my B11, I cannot compare. I don't sense any difference between the original Z6 and these though.

Bob you are correct about the center. However, they did place the tread a bit further into the center so one can see wear.

guzzibob wrote:
can't really tell when you are about to run out of tread down the center-until you see the cord. Happened to me on a long trip far from home. Was lucky to find a tire right when I needed it.

Happened to me too on the way back from Central Europe. Just about as I was crossing the border from Germany to Denmark I noticed the rear Z6 was starting to show its "underwear". Still had more than 1000km home. Rode to the next bigger town and had the rear replaced (another Z6, didn't learn my lesson!) while I waited, for a reasonable price even. Still, a rather irritating hassle.
I have an Interact front now but 0 km on it so far. Hope to be able to ride again next month...

In my case while I was lucky to find a new tire, & in fact the tire I wanted to try anyway (Avon Roadsmart)-I was also unlucky to have to pay full retail, $250!!, yowza!!. Expensive lesson, but way better than having the tire blow while riding.

It could be my imagination, but I find tyres with a centre groove, especially front, tend to "grab" on ruts in the road. For this reason I avoid these types of tyres.

Hmmm, seems we are starting a tyre thread. Oh no! :laugh:

No escaping this being a tire tread. Feel I should clarify. Not necessary to have a center groove per se IMHO, just that there be grooves of some kind across the center so you can tell when you are running out of tread. Z6 rear has no grooves of any kind down the center, hence the problem. Z6 front does not have a groove running directly down the center, but does have tread going across the center, you can see what's what with tread life before the cord shows up, like on their rear. No beef with Z6 front, just the rear, & the front actually lasted pretty good on my Norge, 9346 miles down to the wear bands, versus 5669 on the rear down to the cord.

I would have no problem using a Z6 front again should circumstances dictate, but no Z6 rear ever until the tread pattern changes. I've never felt that center grooves were much of a problem even on grooved SoCal freeways, just an annoyance that doesn't bother me much as long as they work well on the side roads I prefer. Satisfied with Roadsmarts so far on both ends of Norge, too soon to tell how long they will last.

To each his own, Dave. Distances a lot shorter in Kiwiland than where you spend your Southern hemisphere winters in SoCal, eh?

Metzeler Interact here and very satisfied on wet and dry. In fact I find the Interacts more "quick" in turning and with better information of what is happening to the front wheel.

guzzibob wrote:
Distances a lot shorter in Kiwiland than where you spend your Southern hemisphere winters in SoCal, eh?

Yes they are Bob, despite New Zealand being a comparable size to California. The good thing about New Zealand is that everything is close and you can get from the mountains to the seashore quickly and no traffic jams with the exception of Auckland motorways (some other cities might claim to have traffic jams, but not on a par with Auckland).

And our main highways are more like your side roads, i.e. fun to ride. The only downside is the local police force who seemed to be dedicated in smacking the peepee of anyone who dares to slip a few kM over the speed limit. Damn spoilsports!

I had luck and won a free test day on the new Z6 Interacts last spring, 3 full rounds at the Isle Of Man TT cours, on a 1200 Sport.
Metzeler was the orginaizer of the event so sure I can tell you theres tyres a better when the Dunlops I´m running on my Norge.

Back