• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Plastic oil radiator grid sucks...

Matias

Tuned and Synch'ed
Good evening everybody....

After taking up some heat the plastic grid from the radiator of my Griso 1100 got a bit deformed (like can be seen in the photo attached). :(
Is this a common situation? Any support from Guzzi regarding this fault?

Thanks for feed-back

Attachments

• griso1100.jpg
    griso1100.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 1,213
Yes it was a common problem. Later bikes had more support for the vanes. No it was never addressed as an issue when the bikes were current. No you are not going to get warranty on a bike that is now at least five years old, probably older. Yes the newer grille will fit your cooler. Yes there are aftermarket options.

Pete

Thanks for the quick and complete reply Pete!
In fact I bought the bike new at the Guzzi dealer end of last year. I think I'm gonna go for the Warranty deal...

I don't know how much the grille costs? Not a lot. Really, its pennies I'll bet. I'll wager you that you will spend more in phone calls and heartbreak trying to get it fixed than you would by just buying a later grille and fitting it when it arrives. I no longer have the time left in this vale of tears to waste tilting at such a pointless windmill but if you do and feel there is a point to prove? Please, knock yerself out and pursue it.

Pete.

I recommend you just get an aftermarket grill - most of them look better than the stock plastic anyway. If all you want is a stock replacement and your dealer won't replace it under warranty I'll send you mine for just the cost of postage (mine looks brand new). I replaced mine with a Rosopuro black anodized aluminum grill.

Indefatigable said:
http://www.mgcycle.com/product_info.php?products_id=2742

Best option. It’s a stainless steel finish but just hit it with some heat resistant black paint.

The mgcycle product is a nice option and relatively cheap. I hit the oil cooling fins with a light coat of black heat paint. Then on the new cover, taped off the 'Griso' logo with painters tape and hit it with Rust-Oleum rattlecan '7250 BLACK NIGHT METALIC' . It's a decent match to the '07 oil cooler cover. Highlighted the tops of the logo using a toothpick dipped in red paint as compliment to my red tank, etc. Maybe a little much, but I think it came out pretty nice. The grill did produce a little rattle at certain speeds, so I used some standard rubber faucet washers behind each mounting screw to step it away from the cowl.

Attachments

• Griso new.JPG
    Griso new.JPG
    228.8 KB · Views: 115
I don't care for the grills with the wording. They look sorta... tacky to me. The bike looks better w/o the bling. (Doesn't need to say "Griso" twice on the right side. Who are we trying to impress?)

I think the factory grill looks great---when it's not warped. What I think Todd (or someone) ought to develop is some kind of metal reinforcement that could be epoxied to the backside of the plastic grill to keep it from deforming when hot. Just a couple of ribs of aluminum at the top and bottom ought to be enough.

And I might even make something like this myself. Been a while since I'd done anything interesting with the bike.

Back