• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Griso 8v Newbie

Simo

Just got it firing!
Ciao Tutti

Just signed up today after 3 weeks of Griso 8V ownership. I had been scratching my head for about 18months on whether or not buy a Griso, have to say the last 3 weeks have confirmed the decision, not only are they the most beautiful looking motorcycles, I can't remember grinning so much when I twist the right hand grip and I have owned plenty of different motorcycles in my time.

One quick question, what do you guys use to clean the header pipes? I've noticed the heat patina start to come through.

Happy riding, the long awaited summer is here at lead (well in the UK it ain't guaranteed)

Simo.. :D

Do a search on the words "liver spots" Plenty of posts on cleaning up head pipes. Personally, I just let mine go gold, then eventually to blue. Once cleaned up, some will suggest fueling mods. Look at the store tab then Fuel Injection - Related

Congrats on the G8V, and welcome to the Forum and Famiglia. The Griso is a fun ride no doubt. As John says, try a search... but in short, a good metal polish will do it. When you're ready to solve the excessively lean running condition, and get rid of the coloration, the link to the fuel injection kits are above, or reach me direct any time if you have any questions.

Be sure to set the suspension as outlined in the FAQ section here, as there is a lot that can be done to improve it. If/when you are ready to make it work right, I can be of help.

Fixing the fueling also makes the Griso a much cooler bike to ride. It's that noticeable, and with Todd ECU and PCV, my pipes have never changed color or required any work :)

I use Hein Gericke's stainless steel cleaning fluid on my pipes. It seems to be slightly acidic so needs care but works well and requires less effort than paste type polishes. But now my Griso is past it's first flush of youth I must admit I don't do it as regularly as when it was new.

The gold discoloration never bothered me, but liver spots from baked on oil and bug splatter did. I tried a number of chrome polishes without much luck.

Someone recommended a stainless steel cleaner called Bar Keepers Friend. It's a mildly abrasive powder, and scrubbing with a plastic pad designed for ceramic cooktops did the job without visibly scratching the pipes.

There's a specific product for pipe discoloration called "Blue Job." It works if you're patient, but it's crazy expensive for what you get.

Back