• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Greetings from Racer 412

bigtex

Cruisin' Guzzisti
GT Contributor
Finally found a slim saddlebag set, I like 'em.

Sunny and 60F here in beautiful Colorado :)

Anyone know why my pictures are getting cut off on the right side?

Attachments

• BigTexRacer412-1.jpg
    BigTexRacer412-1.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 1,086
  • BigTexRacer412-2.jpg
    BigTexRacer412-2.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 1,086
If I right click on the pic and tell the browser to open in a new tab, I get the whole pic. Weird.

Nice bike! What kind of bags did you end up with?

BTW, it got up to 80 in SoCal today...

bigtex said:
Looking good! Congrats!

Photos have to be a max of 800 pixels wide @ 72 dpi. Yours were 10XX. Hosting the pics here on GT (done above) instead of photo hosts is preferred, as they seem to kill off photos within a few weeks.

60 Degrees and riding....jealous !!!

Tonight it feels like -18 degrees heading to -34 overnight. Mine is in storage !!

Fairing is a 1/4 Dunstall from Airtech I found here:

http://www.airtech-streamlining.com/index.html

They make them by hand on order, so it took a few weeks but the quality is good. It doesn't come with any bracketry, so I had to fab up supports. I also recognized my own limitations and took it to a local auto body place for a proper shot of gloss black.

Only difficulties were constructing supports, which was more tedious trial and error than difficult, and having to trim the back right to clear the front brake reservoir, which is dead in the way.

Composite goodies are just me playing around in the garage while the snow piled up outside.

Next up are some surface mount turn signals. I wanted to get the fairing installed and look it over before I decided on those. I could use the originals but I'm thinking some sleek huggers would look spiffy.

Got the front turn signals done. Cheapo ebay jobs that look pretty nice to my eye.

Mounted up the battery tender/heated gear plug.

Let's see: GPS, check. Ipod wireless remote, check. Garage door opener, check. Heated gear controller, check. Radar detector, check.

Must be time for a road trip.

bigtex said:
Finally found a slim saddlebag set, I like 'em.

Sunny and 60F here in beautiful Colorado :)

Can you provide some more info on the Moose Expedition bags? Any crafty custom work needed to mount them? Are you pleased with them?

I was considering the factory option until I came across this.

Looks good friend.

Yeah, I am really liking these bags. They are tiny compared to my previous Stelvio tankers, but they do the job for daily running around storage. Supposed to be waterproof, we'll see this summer.

They did not fit well with just the normal straps across the rear - flopped outward at the bottom. So I made up some simple brackets, basically U-shaped pieces, two in the back and two in the front off of the shock top bolt. Very secure and positions them properly.

They still bumped against the shocks so I added some small brackets from below, just a flat strap bracket for them to rest against and keep them level and off the shocks. Finally, I use one quick release buckle strap for each bag to keep them attached and easily popped off.

Sounds like a lot of work and it took some time, but the end results are pretty small and unobtrusive bits of bent 1" aluminum strap. Just the kind of garage work you need when you buy a new bike and then get 50 inches of snow in April.

I have seen that some V7 have a chrome grab rail, those might do the job for the upper brackets. Don't have those on my Racer.

Did a 5 day weekend, 1800 miles. What a great bike. Here are a couple of updates.

Much better chrome metal turn signals, front and rear:

Fuse box just because I had it left over from the Stelvio, radar detector plug, USB outlet, all under the seat in the stock pocket:

Replaced the horns with proper FIAMM. Nice...

And added tasty LED spots, see and be seen:

Tex,

I like what you did with your electrical stuff under the seat. I've got my own set-up, but it doesn't look nearly as nice.
This gives me impetus to clean it up.

Joe

Highly recommended:

http://www.fuzeblocks.com/

003_tn.jpg

Back