• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Rear suspension recall

bounty320i

Tuned and Synch'ed
Hi guys,
After the recent rumors of an imminent recall, I guess this makes it official.
ultimatemotorcycling.com/2013/08/08/moto-guzzi-stelvio-ntx-1200-norge-1200-griso-1200-recall/

Haven't heard yet from the local dealer here in Dubai but inwill be in touch with them next week. I am curious as to how dealers in the US are doing about this.

Ride safe

There is another thread on this issue. The letters are going out in the UK, I had one last week for my 2013 Griso.

All the best
Pete

Just got off the phone with the local dealer. Turns out they changed the conrod/linkage 10 days ago when i had taken my griso in to fix the 'illusive' service warning light and forgot to tell me :shock: :shock:

I now have to pass by to sign some (waiver?) form they need to send back to Piaggio. All's good I suppose :D. Now I can focus my energy on adding my latest mods (muffler, K&N filter and PCV!!!).

Got my recall today.. Says one hour to complete, hopefully they can do it while I wait with appointment but probably not.. Wonder if dealers even have the parts in stock.

Well called my dealer to make an appointment to bring it in and SUPRISE they have no idea what im talking about but said the would contact Piaggio and get back to me.. Ya right.. I called the number on the recall and talked to a nice lady that said all the dealers had been notified and that she would e-mail and call my dealer to get them on the ball..Three hours later GP calls me and says they heard from Piaggio and parts have been ordered and they will contact me when they arrive..Piaggio headquarters is about 80 miles from dealer, the part is in stock so hopefully it will happen soon.

So its Oct 11 and still no parts for the recall for my bike..As of last call to Guzzi USA (2 weeks ago) they are out of stock but more should be coming from Italy soon..Nice.. :roll:

The problem is on some bikes the shock can touch the dog leg at full compression. The replacement dog leg is very similar, and you would not notice the difference unless both were side by side on the bench.

Apologies for dragging this back up, but does anyone know the part number of the original (crack-prone) Link?

Reason I'm asking, is that there's a few new (old stock, 2008) ones up for sale on ebay, £30 posted.
I got one just for the Seals, Bearings and Bushes, which would cost many times that if bought separately.

Part number quoted in the ad is GU055603330, which may be a typo, as the discontinued one in the parts list is GU05560330.

If they are selling the suspect ones, they need to be told I think . . .

ebay.co.uk/itm/Moto-Guzzi-Stelvio-Breva-Sport-Griso1200-1-08-Rear-Shock-Linkage-GU055603330-/272875479116?hash=item3f88a5604c:g:G1AAAOSwIINZvlik

Back