• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Griso Rear Turn Signal Option

Jlyon99

Tuned and Synch'ed
Even though it rarely rains here, I decided to stay with the under fender for now. Instead I tried to streamline the beast with some LED turn signals (with resistor leads) from doctorenduro.com. Turned out as follows:

Attachments

• IMG_0534.jpg
    IMG_0534.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 1,484
  • IMG_0535.jpg
    IMG_0535.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 1,481
  • IMG_0536.jpg
    IMG_0536.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 1,477
Wow, those flush mount lights really look nice! Can they be seen as well as the oem lights and do you need to mount the resistor wires to keep the flasher working correctly?

Job well done,

Mark

Hi,
Jlyon99 said:
Even though it rarely rains here, I decided to stay with the under fender for now. Instead I tried to streamline the beast with some LED turn signals (with resistor leads) from doctorenduro.com.
Is this "streamlining", with these tiny lights and still have that enormous exhaust and the original under fender?
Sorry, it's not what I like but that's personal taste.
And if you change the rear turn signals, it's nicer to do the front too.

Ad B

Ad B said:
And if you change the rear turn signals, it's nicer to do the front too.

Ad B

That's next, but I'm not showing them to you!! :)

I actually like the enormous pipe - looks Italian to me, especially since the sound volume is just about where I want it. Some of the aftermarket stuff looks somewhat crude to me and where not crude, not enough of an improvement to warrant the effort in my book (the emperor has no clothes...)

Same with the underfender. I think the some of the license plate stuck to the bottom of the fender contraptions look hand done with nuts and bolts showing - not a finished look that I want on my bike. I did see one "fender eliminator" I liked, but it came with turn signals that stuck out in the wind - I like my signals better.

So there you go - there's no accounting for taste..

Jlyon99 said:
I actually like the enormous pipe - looks Italian to me, especially since the sound volume is just about where I want it. Some of the aftermarket stuff looks somewhat crude to me and where not crude, not enough of an improvement to warrant the effort in my book (the emperor has no clothes...)
Another admirer here of the stock '8' pipe, both appearance and growl!

I quite the LED Turn signals

If it was me I'd buy an electronic flasher relay, loads out there on Flea Bay or if you prefer Rizoma sell one. They aren't very spendy at all and separate load and flash rate.

You can then junk the resistors, as all they do is make heat and absorb power.

It means you can run bulbs, LEDs or any combination of the 2 and the flash rate stays the same

Just a thought

John

I like to have LED turn signals too or at least LED bulbs in the stock signal light housing.

AFAIK, there is no flasher relay in Griso. The turn signal bulb wires are connected directly to the instrument panel (aka dash) which is as good as a black box.

Phang

Jlyon99 said:
...I actually like the enormous pipe - looks Italian to me...
On behalf of all Italian-born members on this thread, I would like to commend you on this very true statement about Italians and size (which, as the saying goes, always matters)... sorry, but I could not resist! :D

Greyo said:
Jlyon99 said:
...I actually like the enormous pipe - looks Italian to me...
On behalf of all other Italian-born members on this thread, I would like to commend you on this very true statement about Italians and size (which, as the saying goes, always matters)... sorry, but I could not resist! :D

Uh oh, guess I can't run for president now...

At first I hated the "boat anchor" that came on the left side of my 8v, but the more I open my garage to take the bike out, the more I like it. The more I talk with riding buddies about replacing the exhaust, the more responses I get of "Why, that thing looks sick when following you?!" Torn, one day I will replace it, but there is nothing wrong with that sucker.

Even though it rarely rains here, I decided to stay with the under fender for now. Instead I tried to streamline the beast with some LED turn signals

Is the under fender the black monstrosity that follows me around. It's pretty gruesome.

I'm not a big fan of the flush mounts myself, but then it's not my bike. I'd be concerned that the brain dead zombies in their reinforced cages would get confused about my intentions if the signals weren't spread out away from the tail light.

I am a fan of the big pipe and the sound it puts out at speed. The bike whines at idle but sounds downright lusty at speed.

I'm still trying to get the asymmetric pipe sizes. Looks weird for the sake of being weird. It serves no purpose but styling does it?

Hi there,

Could i ask how you resolve the faster rate of flashing that come with installing LED turn signals?
Thanks JP

jopet97 said:
Hi there,

Could i ask how you resolve the faster rate of flashing that come with installing LED turn signals?
Thanks JP

I have Rizoma LED turn signals on my Griso and they come with small resistors that slow down the flash rate. On the Griso you will need 2 resistors for each side (left and right). I wired the 2 resistors in series and mounted them under the tail cover since there is very little room up front.

Back