• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Bellagio - Another oil warning light with oil can on display

nighthink

Just got it firing!
Hi Guys,

I'm really almost hopeless on this one now. I bought used Bellagio (4 years), rode 1500km without problems. Then I went for a service - all changed (oils, filters, etc.). Everything was fine, I rode 300km no problems.

Then, when I started again after 2-3 hours and added just a little bit of gas (even on neutral) the oil red light popped up and together with oil can on the display. I stopped the engine, started again, still there - but always it appearrs only after I give some little gas. After that it stays on.

So I bought new oil pressure sensor, replaced. All was again OK. But not for good.. When I went another time for a ride, again the stupid oil red light with oil can on display.

So I decided to go again to service, where the oil filter was replaced, oil pressure regulator was checked, filled in back the motor oil, started, again all OK. WTF? So I rode home without any light, I even tried some hard acceleration, nothing.

The next day I went for a ride, for about 20km, all fine. After 2 hours from stop I again started the engine, put a little bit gas, and the oil warning light is AGAIN back.

So now what to check? I feel like I'm gona to spend some serious money on several blind service diagnostics to find out what this is. But after the oil change I noticed there are small oil leaks - like nothing dropping, just some sweat spots just under the oil measure pipe on the engine cover. Do you think this is the real problem? It was not before, I put there this engine oil:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Liqui-Moly-Raci ... oly+10w+60

I'm starting to think whether this oil is not too "thin" or "washy" for the Bellagio (it is called also racing, so intended for bikes under high pressure). But the specification is Ok - 10w-60. Otherwise I really don't know. This is just maddness.

I guess the pressure is there, since as I was replacing the oil pressure sensor, I forgot to put there the little gasket on the sensor, so some of the oil went out of the oil sensor hole on my shoes.. But that is now fixed, and oil level is also on the max.

I'm from Slovakia so far enough for probably most of you :).

Thanks for any advice.

Re: Bellagio - Another oil warning light with oil can on dis

Probably a bad connection at the oil pressure sending unit, or the sensor itself. It is on the left side of the engine above the cylinder and rearward of the phase sensor. It has a push on connector that probably needs attention.

Hey,

did you check out the dashboard diagnostic menue?
Service code is 21959.

Greetings,
Thomas

Hi from the UK.

Nice to hear there are other Bella owners out there as there don't appear to be many about.
Pity as they are a superb machine.

Like you I have owned mine for about 4 years and I got it at 9 months from new. I have so far found it extremely reliable, but probably don't do enough miles.

One thing many of the UK Bellagio owners have found is that the motor tends to blow a bit of oil into the airbox until it finds it's own level which is likely to be a bit down from the full mark on the dipstick. (If you have a bung in the airbox drain tube it usually needs draining after a spirited ride I find).
This oilbreathing tendency can be partially cured by inserting a Fiat flame trap in the main breather pipe from the motor up to the breather box by the headstock.

From the symptoms you are having it would certainly appear there is nothing mechanical to worry about, but rather the electrical sensors which are playing up so hope you are able to beat some sense into them ;)

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the answers and sorry for my late response. It took really long time until this post appeared here on the forum and in the meantime I was trying to figure out what it can be.

So right now I think it will be some electronical problem, because if the pressure would be really low, I would have almost certainly dead engine already :D. The same opinion has also the moto guzzi service here in SVK. But the reason is still unclear.

To RayS - thanks for the advice regarding the full mark oil, this coud really be the root cause of my small leaks, so I hope the small leaks will go away in the same way as they started. However about the airbox I know and that one I drain out regularly (using the small black tube just near by the rear fork and just above the left footpeg).

The only thing which I miss is to measure the real pressure, but sadly in my local servis they lost somewhere the pressure gauge so I need to wait till they will again find it ;). Buying it makes no big sense as it is not exactly cheap.

To John Zibbel - I replaced the oil pressure unit for a new one, just to confirm it is not in there, but the problem remains. It is true that the contact of the connector with the pressure unit is rather weak, but we already fixed it in service more times, tightening up.. so that it better fits on the pressure unit. But maybe it is still problem just with this contact.. or also the second new unit is wrong.. But if it would be wrong, I think it would show more often the red light. Now it shows only rarely and only after starting and adding some little gass (so not direclty when started).

To der_Thomas: the diagnostics menu I checked. there are error codes 07, 08 and also dashbord error 45. The 07 and 08 are really connected to the oil pressure and / or sensor unit. Those I can delete by reseting the dashboard codes. But the 45 dashboard code remains. This one is according to service manual connected to Remote starter issue. But my bellagio starts perfectly..

So I'm still clueless. Just hope that I'm not killing my engine slowly :(.

Anyway, thanks for your advice. My next step will be really to confirm the pressure in the engine, then if that's ok I guess I will have to have checked my whole electornics in the service.

i would say the same, I have had similar problems due to the connector on the switch. It rusts!! This can causes an intermittent connection for a fraction of a second which trigers the warning light. I cleaned the connector and covered in grease, no problems since.

Back