• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Stelvio Questions

MurphyPeoples

Tuned and Synch'ed
Okay -
Let me start out by saying I've been "sold" on getting a Norge for a few weeks now. But I cannot
close the buy until the first week of March 2009. This hasn't been easy for me... .the waiting that is.

And now it's worse. I sat on a Stelvio today on my lunch break. Ugh! It's awesome.

I had a few questions though of those of you who already own one;

1. How is the wind around the helmet while riding at 80mph? I had a V-Strom that had a similar
windshield setup and I hated it. Sold it in 6 months after I bought it new. Thought I was going to "fix" the wind screen
through tinker and different shields, but it never happened.

2. What do the Panniers look like for the Stelvio? The dealer was no help in this department.
Can someone send me a link?

3. Then of course there is the 4V crapshoot dealing with the "soon to be" recall, I 'd have to consider. Will you or won't you
get a solid engine or a lemon?

I look forward to your comments.
Murphy

1) it all depends on your height... Nevertheless the Givi windshield for the Stelvio seems to be almost perfect and it is on my 'next buy' list although I really don't have to complain too much about the original one. It's just that when I really push over 150kph there's more noise that I would like (perhaps I should change my helmet but it's a brand new Arai... too costly to change!!!!) and I have to bend forward a little to avoid the wind.
(I am 1.84m)
You can see the Givi in pic in the ‘tall windscreen subject’
https://www.guzzitech.com/index.php?op ... 46&id=4772

or here
https://www.guzzitech.com/index.php?op ... =46&id=196

2) there is a lot of pics of Stelvios with panniers in the ‘Stelvio out & about pics’ subject here :
https://www.guzzitech.com/index.php?op ... =46&id=567

3) Since the problem has been tackled by Guzzi there's no more fears to be had by any future buyers of the Stelvio or Griso 4V... all the Stelvios on the streets are being recalled and modified and all the ones that are still in the showrooms will have the minor modification done as well... everything should be OK soon.

My conclusion : this bike is fabulous and the engine is totally awesome! Even with the trouble to have to go and get it fixed soon, I'd still go out and buy one if I was back in JUne 2008 when I got mine.

Thanks for the reply. I'm 6'1" so I think we're comparable.
On the V-Strom the wind would come up from around the lower fairing and buffet your helmut like crazy.
The International Cycle World Motobike show is coming to my area in two weeks. I plan on spending more time
with the Stelvio. If I could easily find a Red 2008 New Norge - I probably wouldn't even look at the Stelvio.

It drives me crazy that the ORIGINAL NORGE was red, and yet MG doesn't honor that as the Marquee's Color. IMHO the Norge
should be offered every year in Red. Silver IMO is dangerous here in the States as our asphalt roads are nearly the same color and Silver bikes tend to blend into the road. We're already working hard to be "seen". Silver just defeats the effort of being seen.
Murphy

Murphy,

I'm 6-4 and didn't notice any buffet problem off the screen. On the other hand, it didn't offer much protection against the rain, either. The newer TT version has more rugged looking bags, but the original has bags that match the lines of the tank. The bags seemed high enough quality, but with one exception. The latch doesn't pull the bag closed tight enough. There's a seal around the lid, but that does no good if the seal isn't pressed against the opposite surface. Because of that, the bags leak.

I was only renting for a couple of weeks, so I didn't try to solve the problem. But, you might see if there is any way to adjust the latches to pull things up tighter.

For my next two weeks on a Stelvio, my plan is to remove the saddle bags, and live completely out of that yellow duffle bag. I'm going to the extreme on what I pack.

photo094.JPG

Hi there Murphy

I like Daniel am a tall boy, 6ft 5ins.
The Stelvio in it's fastest colour RED is the perfect Adventure tourer for the lads of let's say larger proportions.
Big seat, loads of luggage options and the Givi tall screen, oh and RED of course:laugh:

Appart from the melting cams which is now to be addressed, what more can a man want:laugh:

Go get one Murphy before they are all sold out:)

I like just about everything about my Stelvio exept the windscreen. I have posted a bit about that here and on Wildguzzi. It is not bad enough for me to dislike the bike but it is annoying. I am 5'9" and 30 inseam seat on low position.

For me the screen is OK in town but will not be as comfortable as I would like for distance travel (for me). Not bad enough to not take a long trip for now but certainly want to make it better in the long term. Of course I am used to riding behind larger windshields or fairings except on the Norton. Although when I lived in Wisconsin I would fit a Plexifairing 3 on that too for cold weather riding.

I drove home from work Sunday into a pretty stiff (25 to 35 MPH) headwind and my helmet actually started to vibrate at certain speeds. Buffeting is not constant and varies depending on wind direction and bike speed. I also get quite a bit of wind that comes off the side of the tank and then flows up under the handlebars and buffets my chest.

I have a few things I am going to try over the next couple of months to make it better. It may be as simple as the higher windscreen. I should also note that most owners that have posted on the various boards don't have a problem with the screen. It may just be what you are used to riding.

All that being said it is certainly not enough to keep me off this bike! It was an impulse buy and I am really glad I did it.

tc

I think I've searched every inch of my Stelvio and am pretty sure there is not a helmet lock. True or False? Does anyone like a particular lock brand or company? Thanks.

On the Norge, we get a little rubber-clad cable with eyes on boths sides. I always thought that was for suspending the rear brake caliper when changing tyres, but in fact the eyes go over a little gromit on the frame tubing somewhere under the saddle, allowing to attach your helmet. I never use it. I either put my helmet in one of the panniers, or else lock it onto the passenger grisp.

tc50 wrote:
I like just about everything about my Stelvio exept the windscreen. I have posted a bit about that here and on Wildguzzi. It is not bad enough for me to dislike the bike but it is annoying. I am 5'9" and 30 inseam seat on low position.

For me the screen is OK in town but will not be as comfortable as I would like for distance travel (for me). Not bad enough to not take a long trip for now but certainly want to make it better in the long term. Of course I am used to riding behind larger windshields or fairings except on the Norton. Although when I lived in Wisconsin I would fit a Plexifairing 3 on that too for cold weather riding.

I drove home from work Sunday into a pretty stiff (25 to 35 MPH) headwind and my helmet actually started to vibrate at certain speeds. Buffeting is not constant and varies depending on wind direction and bike speed. I also get quite a bit of wind that comes off the side of the tank and then flows up under the handlebars and buffets my chest.

I have a few things I am going to try over the next couple of months to make it better. It may be as simple as the higher windscreen. I should also note that most owners that have posted on the various boards don't have a problem with the screen. It may just be what you are used to riding.

All that being said it is certainly not enough to keep me off this bike! It was an impulse buy and I am really glad I did it.

tc

I am a similar height, and also suffer buffeting at high speed with the standard screen. the fact that I wear an arai tour-x i'm sure doesn't help. Anybody of this height try the Givi screen?

Erm, anyone tried rumble strips with the stock screen to see if they help? Or stealth edge?

Back