• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

San Luis Obispo NAR Redux 9/6-8

guzzibob

GT Reference
OK, So Cal & vaguely in the neighborhood Guzzisti, announcing a return of the San Luis Obispo Not A Rally of 2-3 years ago, this time scheduled for the weekend of Sept 6-8. Some going up on Friday (right now Bob Dickman, Mark West, Jamileh Potts), others Saturday (right now Glenn Morgan). We'll mostly be staying & partying at the same places as last time:

Los Padres Inn http://www.lospadresinn.com/ This was the place with the car port like parking we used last time. Seems like the best rates come from using the Inn web site rather than expedia or the like.

and

Pappy McGregor's Bar & Grill http://www.pappymcgregors.com/ just a short walk from the Inn, renamed from The Kilt last time but the same place-remember the Irish Car Bombs?

Plenty of dynamite bike roads in the area, no doubt Mark of Jamileh or both will lead some rides, like last time.
Give a shout if you think you can come so we can keep a count. Feel free to invite anyone you think might be interested.

Hi Bob!

Many thanks for the invite.

I've mark it down and have booked a room with 2 queens. Hated to have missed Visalia and Jamileh's hospitality earlier this year so doubling down on SLO. Looking forward to chasing asphalt with you guys.

Mike

Great Mike, It'll be good to see you-though it would be better to do so some time well before September. Are you looking for a roommate? I am all set, but others may not be, so if so (sounds like you are) you should explicitly say so. Also, do you know at this point if you are coming up Fri or Sat?

Hi, Bob

This is about a week after my wife's knee operation. Looks like the chances are pretty slim of making it. Her gift card is from the Apple Farm.

Bare

Keep an eye out for flat black Convert!
null-33.jpg

I've been a little out of touch this summer, but fortunately I checked in just in time. I have my room and will be there Friday afternoon. I look forward to seeing you all, or at least most of you.

Keith

Bob...I'll take a rain check :) Hope to see you in November at the Death Valley ride.

I should be there Friday evening, booked a room for Friday and Saturday, look forward to seeing you folks again
Cheers,
Jon

Hi all,

Unfortunately will have to cancel this one. Previously forgot my ~3 yr old is the flower girl in a wedding this weekend. As irresponsible as I already am, missing this one would top them all :blush:

But November 1-3 looks good so just booked a room at Furnace Creek (std room) so looking forward to that NAR.

Mike

Hey Mike, sorry you can't make this weekend, but clearly your daughter takes priority. Right now looks like I will not make Death Valley, so next time....

Jon, plan right now is to pick up Don Garcia at his place in Sylmar around 9-10 AM, then maybe 118/23/101. Too effing hot to leave much later or go deep inland. He on his newly redone Convert, me on my T3. Old school all the way. You thinking to join us? We'll maybe eat at Summerland Beach Cafe, Evans Ave exit off 101. Probably get to SLO way before we can get in to rooms at 3pm, either hit Pappy McGregor's near the motel or run up the coast to Cambria as the mood strikes us. All subject to change of course.

Hi Bob,
I will be leaving downtown LA about 10 AM, on my cali ss rat bike, perhaps I will catch up with you gents at a stop.
I look forward to seeing my old buds again.
Cheers,
Jon

Back