• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Started now it won't 2000 Bassa Injected

Sanders63

Tuned and Synch'ed
It has fire & gas
The hoses out the bottom of the 2 canisters are cut
I hear the pump running then it shuts off
Have never dealt with injected model
All info & suggestions appreciated.
Thanks in advance

the pump charges for a few seconds to prime the system then shuts off until motor starts that's normal. give more details? if the canister hoses are cut you may be sucking air, you should plug the manifold ports or link them with some of the left over hose when you dump the evap cans. but it should start anyway.
check kill switch & sidestand switch .
electric fuel tap may not be opening, listen to tank when you turn on key for a clank to know it's opening.

Thanks to all for the info.
Can't check the petcock until I put it back together, now.
I will do any & all checks suggested
I have been trying to get the wheels to look like they do in show rooms, but all I get is shiny dull grey
Any suggestions appreciated or knowledge to help on that appreciated
Thanks again

I had a split gas line inside the tank, my brother had the same. Ours were '04 and '03 EVs

Not sure if my input applies here, but it might. My friend's V11 sport had a intermittent starting problem, It was hard to trace but I eventually took the relay socket off the frame mount and found a frayed wire supplying the solenoid. And it didn't pop the fuse. If this is the case you'll need new spade terminals with latches.

From the fuel filter there are two lines, one goes to the Injectors, the other goes to a valve that mounts to the tank.
How important is the valve?
Where can you find one?
It can be disassembled from what I see, should I take it apart & service it ?
All information on it would be appreciated.

Important? Any .25 cent part that keeps you bike from running is important ;)

Well, I imagine the petcock can be tested simply by connecting a spare hose discharging into a jar. Then juicing it with a mini jumper. I wouldn't use the ignition key since it would spin the fuel pump dry. Not sure about servicing it.

Another test would be to check the voltage to the petcock to make sure it's getting juice.

Sanders63 said:
From the fuel filter there are two lines, one goes to the Injectors, the other goes to a valve that mounts to the tank.
How important is the valve?
Where can you find one?
It can be disassembled from what I see, should I take it apart & service it ?
All information on it would be appreciated.

Common practice is to replace the electronic valve with one from a California III. http://www.mgcycle.com/product_info.php?products_id=39 or get one from your local dealer as MG is currently out of stock.

The valve or "can" that I'm talking about is not electronic or the petcock.
The petcock sends fuel to the fuel pump, the fuel pump sends fuel to the fuel filter, from the fuel filter there is a splitter 1 line goes to injectors & one line goes up under front of tank to a valve or diaphragm bypass ?
I don't know what it is called because the book says not sold individually.
Is it necessary & if so, can it be replaced with something else or serviced?

Before you go replacing parts in the fuel system, check the pressure in the system. It should be about 45 psi. Put a pressure gauge in the line after the fuel pump. Check for 45 psi. If you have it good. If you don't, clamp the line that goes to the pressure regulator, pressure should be at least 45psi. If less, faulty pump, if over 45 psi the pressure regulator is faulty. The part breakout is well displayed here http://www.euromotoelectrics.com/produc ... magccw.htm

:p Thanks to John, Rafael & all who gave me advice Thanks.
The bike is running great!
Initial culprits were a bad Electronic Petcock, which was mentioned & a clogged vent system.
It now has a manual petcock & the tank vent system is clear..
Removed the charcoal canisters hoses & such, plugged holes .
The Bassa is Brown & Cream & it looks great & runs great.
I have no Idea how to post a picture or I would.
Thanks to all of you again :p

Back