• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

MRA VarioTouring windshield extension

I have this MRA item fixed to my Givi screen (about 4" taller than stock anyway) and it has cured 99% of my buffeting issues. Well worth the effort in my humble opinion. I find it doesn't increase screen height very much but it does alter the airflow. MRA do a slightly thicker/deeper one too which should be even better ? PM me with you direct email address and I'll send yer a couple of pictures of it in situ.

P.S. For reference I'm 6'2" and have the seat in the 'high' position and the screen fully up and look over it not through it.

Luma46 said:
Has anyone some experience with this MRA VarioTouring windshield extension http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade/productview/2710/ ? Is it not too much optical distraction having that second shield? I need just couple more inches in the windshield height, or something that would throw the airstream a bit higher up and wider.

I have the MRA Vario still at home from my former Aprila Mana, but I think it will not fit on the Stelvio Windshield because the Vario is only for straight and not curved shields ( I have seen pictures on curved shields but my one I could not bend to fit).
I bought and mounted the MRA X-Screen - http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade/productview/7009 - which fits perfect on my Stelvio. It can be changed from completly flat in front of the original shield so that there is no real difference in air flow to original up to a postion completly above the original shield and additional in different angles, as you like it and air flow fits best.
You can choose how to mount it - just be careful drilling the holes and in which position.

Attachments

• IMG_1199 (Mittel).JPG
    IMG_1199 (Mittel).JPG
    182.4 KB · Views: 1,667
  • IMG_1185_original.JPG
    IMG_1185_original.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 1,662
I had a (aerotrim) from my breva and it fits my 2011 NTX perfectly, not as big as the MRA but does the job very well, it did smooth out the airflow, also doesn't cost as much.

Marshy.

180612034.jpg

I just ordered the MRA VTA4 from Aviciouscycle, it is curved, 30 cm wide. Twisted Throttle recommended the MRA.XCC which is much larger and I do not need that. Apparently the VTA series are being discontinued.

...Wunderlich has a variable extension piece I've added to my Givi screen, I'm 6'2", and it works great...

Marshy said:
I had a (aerotrim) from my breva and it fits my 2011 NTX perfectly, not as big as the MRA but does the job very well, it did smooth out the airflow, also doesn't cost as much.

Marshy.

Thanks. I just bought one based on your piccy. £48.00. Just fitted it but a bit fiddly putting all the little M6 screws and nyloc nuts together but once this done fitted up nice. Adjusted it once to stop buffeting and all ok at 80mph +

cheers

Luma46 said:
I just ordered the MRA VTA4 from Aviciouscycle, it is curved, 30 cm wide. Twisted Throttle recommended the MRA.XCC which is much larger and I do not need that. Apparently the VTA series are being discontinued.

My order was not shipped, they run out of the VTA shields. As I did not want to spend close to $160 including shipping for the X-Screen (too big and clumsy in my opinion), so I did one trick that worked for me before. I bought a clear plastic trim that is used on cars as a door edge protector and put it around the top of the windshield. This trim disturbs the airflow from the screen edge to a point that it doesn't rattle my helmet visor anymore when I ride with visor partly opened. That is all that I needed.

I recently ordered and installed the MRA XScreen with XCC and fitted before recent trip down to Spain and back to Isle of Man. The extension made a difference - good, but not perfect. Certainly less buffeting, but I still suffer from wind noise. Pretty happy with the purchase tho.

Mi_ka said:
sanddweller said:
Certainly less buffeting, but I still suffer from wind noise.
If the noise is of low frequency under helmet buffeting something like may help: http://www.amazon.co.uk/WINDJAMMER-...LNVK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1342306328&sr=8-1

Thanks Michail.
I have a Shoei XR1100, and use a Shoei Whisper Strip I transferred from my old XR1100. So, similar idea to the Windjammer. Love to hear how that goes however... I've been eyeing the Neotech recently ;)

I have the shoei "whisper kit" too but it does not do much - I've located the turbulence input close to the points the strap touches my neck and the whisper kit leaves these areas exposed - seems to works only as a"keep heat" kit for the extra cold weather.
The Schuberth noise champions helmets have a front to back embedded undercover that I believe cuts this low frequency buffeting getting in from under the helmet that's why I ordered the "windjammer".
I 'll report when I properly test in tiiiime..

Marshy said:

Marshy.

Hi,
Which size Aero-Trim do you have; is it 21 or 28 cm at widest point?

Regards,
Tigerrider.

Tigerrider.

Screen is 28cm wide.

I also slightly tilted the screen back, useing a couple of large washers with a 13mm hole drilled in them, place them under the screen on the bottom fixing, this for me also helped the airflow.

Regards,
Marshy.

Hi

I've tried them all. Laminar lip, Aerotrim and the MRA.
The first two didn't do anything really but the MRA does the job. I have mine clamped on and have the extension bars between the clamps and the MRA screen itself. Both are additional to the screen. I have had no problems with security of the clamped MRA on the standard Stelvio screen.

Although it comes down to what personally works for you. I found the Lip useless, the Aerotrim worked but did not move the air sufficiently for me but the MRA when adjusted properly is indeed very good. I have it set just below line my of vision and so do not have to worry about any optical effects which appear to be slight anyway.

Hope my two penny worth is helpful.

Best regards
Nik.

Back