• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

More exhausting exhaust questions. Zard and Agostini

StokedOnSpokes

Tuned and Synch'ed
Just about ready to pull the trigger on a Zard for my G11 but then I started really looking at the available pics on the web. How's the black finish and is it a quality coating? Doesn't seem to look that great in some of the close-ups. Maybe it's just photo image quality vs. reality.

Then there's a bunch of photos taken of the Zard from weird angles. Makes pipe look like it's on a very steep incline, which looks bad. Speaking of incline, the stock can has a slight bend, so the can follows the lines better. Now wishing Zard wasn't as long or steep as I'm thinking its too acute. Same goes for Agostini. Almost went that route but didn't like the look of the springs. I think I could lower the Zard an inch by attaching a bracket between exhaust and mounting point but not sure if it will look clean.

Anyone want to weigh in on my comments?

I agree, I think the mufflers without a bend/angle end up looking a little out of place. I prefer the look of Todds stainless megaphone muffler, either in a left side direct replacement or, what I have, the right side exit version, which in my opinion looks the best.

I chose Zard as it blends well with my Black Devil color scheme. Here's a pic. I am happy with the quality but it's really subjective.
Shape/angle wise I think Todd's GTRX pipes look better. I gave them serious consideration (and still do).
Hope this helps.

I too went with a pipe from Todd. Started with his "original" slip on. Loved the way it looked, the price is great and after installing it, loved the way it sounded. Top quality pipe.
I now have the "prototype" shorty trapezoidal exhaust (includes the Y-pipe).
I wanted this new set-up primarily for the look. As with his other pipe, the fit is perfect, quality is top notch and it sounds AMAZING :silly: .
Pics on this thread: https://www.guzzitech.com/forum/163/9985.html?start=10

Quat D
Not to big and not to noisy.
It has a removeable DB killer and Cat.
doesn't get in the way of bags

Attachments

• Griso 2.JPG
    Griso 2.JPG
    160.7 KB · Views: 1,751
StokedOnSpokes said:
Just about ready to pull the trigger on a Zard for my G11 but then I started really looking at the available pics on the web. How's the black finish and is it a quality coating? Doesn't seem to look that great in some of the close-ups. Maybe it's just photo image quality vs. reality.

Then there's a bunch of photos taken of the Zard from weird angles. Makes pipe look like its on a very steep incline, which looks bad. Speaking of incline, the stock can has a slight bend, so the can follows the lines better. Now wishing Zard wasn't as long or steep as I'm thinking its too acute. Same goes for Agostini. Almost went that route but didn't like the look of the springs. I think I could lower the Zard an inch by attaching a bracket between exhaust and mounting point but not sure if it will look clean.

Anyone want to weigh in on my comments?

I felt the same way when looking for a slipon for my Griso, none of them really made me think (ya this is the one) and for the damn near $1k they cost they need to..I went with a Delkavic carbon can, it fits well, looks good and sounds friggen amazing... The best part.... $214.. including DB killer delivered to my house...cant beat that...Say what you will but these are just a fancy glass pack muffler and not need cost so much..

Thanks for the feedback. The Quat D seems decent. Not too huge or baseball bat "like". I may have to look into it more. Still hate springs...

Todd's exhausts are inovative; however, I'm not sure I like the looks. Material looks very different than stock.

Looks like the search continues.

-Frank

I have a used Quat-D sitting in my shed. I replaced it with Todds Right side exit exhaust.
The Quat-D system works and looks ok. Mine came with a removable db killer.

StokedOnSpokes said:
Todd's exhausts are inovative; however, I'm not sure I like the looks
while I was going through my exhaust search, Todd had offered to do his GT-RX pipe in a high polish finish like this one - for a bit more money obviously. Something for you to consider.

Pete Roper just pust a Mistral in carbon without a db killer on my Griso Black Devil. It just clears the H&B pannier rack and points straight at the indicator. So far the indicator only gets warm not hot. It sounds fantastic and the look suits the Griso. I've been wringing it's neck since the pipe went on and had a ball.

wyno said:
Pete Roper just pust a Mistral in carbon without a db killer on my Griso Black Devil. It just clears the H&B pannier rack and points straight at the indicator. So far the indicator only gets warm not hot. It sounds fantastic and the look suits the Griso. I've been wringing it's neck since the pipe went on and had a ball.

I've had a Mistral on my G1100 for a year and the HB Junior bags. My turn indicator is now quite melted. I'm actually looking for a replacement set in aluminum.

Pete said that if the indicator melts I should try some of the LED ones. He did recommend a brand but I've forgotten which it was. I'll be travelling from Canberra to Geelong (730km) in about 3 weeks and that should be the acid test. If it survives that trip, then I don't think I'll have any problems anytime.

No clearance or heat problems with my Mistral carbon and factory panniers or turn signals. Don't know if you can see clearly in these pics, but there's an inch plus of clearance on the bags and plenty of clean air between signals and exhaust. Riding for almost a year with no issues.

8672139576_7c17c6e0a1_b.jpg

8626824275_f500ae53e6_b.jpg

Looks as though mine rides higher than yours. I might have to make up an extension bracket to lower it a bit. I have the same exhaust as you and I think I might need a db killer now that I'm moving to Victoria, the nanny state. Does anyone know where I can get a db killer for the Mistral round carbon can?

wyno said:
Looks as though mine rides higher than yours. I might have to make up an extension bracket to lower it a bit. I have the same exhaust as you and I think I might need a db killer now that I'm moving to Victoria, the nanny state. Does anyone know where I can get a db killer for the Mistral round carbon can?

MG Cycle has the db killer for Mistral pipes. Out of stock but he said they should be in by weeks end.
If you send an email they are pretty quick about responding.

Maybe its just me but shouldnt an exhaust system thats designed for a specific bike and costs as much as they do really not have a basic design flaw that allows them to possibly melt the stock turn signals..Just shows lack of design and detail by the mfg and is not acceptable in my book.

I've noticed that the indicator has turned almost black, both in front and on the orange plastic. The flash is still visible in daylight though and the indicator shows no sign of melting yet.

I had the agostini and loved the sound. Springs were meh. It did have a steeper angle. I switched to termignoni and it's awesome

Back