• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

What did you do to your Moto Guzzi today?

Rode over to the Rock Store yesterday. Went by Todd's place. It was in the clouds and drizzling. Kept on going to get back down into some more friendly air.
It was a nice day at the Rock Store. There were four guys from Sweden on BMWs that had rented them in Seattle and rode 3500 miles in 19 days just to get to SoCal. They must've hit every twisty between there and here. It was their last day and they were on their way to Long Beach to turn the bikes in. They were looking for an interesting route to get back to Long Beach, so I pointed them to Piuma. Not sure which way they went.
There was a bit of a Guzzi rally at the Rock Store, Randy and his wife and another guy, Trevor, on a new V7R. He'd owned last year's model and sold it and was sorry he did that and bought the new one. He said the new one was superior to last years version.
Anyway, a nice little 150 miler.
Bare

Rode my '78 Lemans from the garage, through the back yard and into the basement to dismantle the Rear fork / swinging arm to clean inspect, replace, and grease as necessary the :
- Eexternal seals, o-rings, gaskets on the gearbox.
- Pivot pin bearings.
- Pivot pin bearing seals.
- Drive shaft components.
- Brittle and cracked bellows.

Dismantling the rear forks / drive assembly went well, despite my limited mechanical experience. I expect to face more challenges when I try to put everything back together, especially mating the u-joint to the gearbox output shaft.

Searching the forum for tips and techniques while I wait for the parts to arrive. :)

Blakbird.
1978 Moto Guzzi Lemans - EU version.

I supplemented my Le Mans with a cheap Honda Blackbird, now I have two cracking bikes to play around on :woohoo:

With nearly 12k on the Griso, finally took time to clean the battery terminals and connectors. A few minutes with some sandpaper to scrape off a surprising amount of crud and corrosion and a thin coat of petroleum jelly to keep them nice for a while longer. Then attached the little Slime compressor to the leads to add a few pounds of air to the tires before a lovely 50-mile jaunt through nearby country roads. Life is good.

Well, It was YESTERDAY actually, I had to take the Guzzi down to MPH cycles---the guy who owned the bike before me tightened the Valve cover bolts down to a point they were stripped out and would not budge, But Larry, got the bike and had me back on the road in 2 hours, so a BIG shout out to those guys! and then I installed an 02 Optimizer on it, also a great choice!

AND NOW--I'm putting the tankbag on and fixing to head out to the 3 sisters with my Father and a family friend. :lol:

I was going to take the Scura on a ride with some SoCal Guzzi Guys, jumped on, hit the button, and it wouldn't fire a lick. Thought, "WTF?" Took out my ear plugs,and the fuel pump wasn't running. Pulled the pump fuse and it was ok. Stuck it back in, wiggled it around :evil: hit the button and Vrrrooom. :D
Total time lost.. 2 minutes. Spraying the fuse and relay bases with DeOxit Gold once a year would cure dumb stuff like this... :whistle:

Did the 600 mile initial service. :D Tomorrow we ride.
ride_zps53747680.gif

Marc

Hired my Bella out for a show tonight, they were in a mad rush as their planned prop failed to appear.

Then I find out it is to promote a membership drive for a new M/C club called "Man Riders" ..................... in a gay bar.

:evil: :oops: :whistle:

ghezzi said:
Hired my Bella out for a show tonight, they were in a mad rush as their planned prop failed to appear.

Then I find out it is to promote a membership drive for a new M/C club called "Man Riders" ..................... in a gay bar.

:evil: :oops: :whistle:

If my experience of Gay bars is anything to go by it should of been a riot. Those blokes know how to party!

Pete

Just hope Bella doesn't crossover, already had one girlfriend go to bat for the other team.
(long after we parted company)

Started tinkering with the Le Mans today. Stripped off the bodywork and offered up some alloy mudguards and chrome headlamp. Definitely think it'll look good. I've got the week off this week, so I'll be having a go at making a seat.

IMG_0325_zps5ea8fad0.jpg

IMG_0334_zpsd41bc953.jpg

IMG_0338_zps64be56dc.jpg

IMG_0339_zps62590e70.jpg

installed a 'Frozen' U joint in the swimming arm of my '78 Lemans series II with a 2" PVC (schedule 40) coupler a 1/2 FIPT PVC coupler, a sawn off drumstick 2 4x4s, some duct tape, a 16 mm nut, bolt and washer, a dab of grease, a few inches of string and two taps with a small sledge hammer. :D

Tore a perfectly good layshaft seal, because I was too stoked about how smoothly the U-Joint installation went to pay attention to what I was doing. :blush: Ordered 2 more.

Reinstalled the neutral sensor, starter motor and shift linkage. :D

The U-Joint in question spent 3 days in a zip-lock bag in my freezer to shrink it to ease the installation in the carrier bearing.

Detailed steps to installing U-joint posted to thread Tonti U-joint installation in the Tech-nical chat forum.

Messed around with my 013 Stelvio trying to solve its intermittent misfire. It started a few hundred miles after performing the 12k service. The bike was running fine when I shut it off, then it had a definite miss when I started it back up a few minutes later. The weather was perfect, nothing wet. When I got home I pulled the plugs, the right hand jug plug was sooty. The left plug was perfect.

I figured it must be the dreaded plug cap failure so I installed NGK replacements along with new plugs. Nope, still misfiring primarily between 4k and 5k rpms but it can manifest itself at any rpm.

Hooked up the centurion, the TPS showed 5, reset it to 4.7 and looked for faults. Everything checked ok. Looked for faults in the dash menu, it showed none.

Rechecked the valves, they are spot on. Pulled the right hand fuel injector and observed a perfect spray pattern. Removed fuel tank, drained it, checked for any obvious wiring problems, reinstalled and added fresh fuel. Nope, still doing it.

Removed injector again and swapped it with one from my 12 Griso. Nope, the Griso runs great. The Stelvio not so much. Did the same with the right coil, with the same results.

Got the Harmonizer and centurion out. TPS showed 4.8 but sync was way off at idle and at 4k. Odd, because it was spot on 500 miles ago. Oh yea, it was off because I reset the TPS earlier. Got everything synced again, reset the TPS. It's better, but the intermittent misfire is still there.

Think perhaps it's slack in the linkage between the throttle bodies?

Made a seat and sidepanels for the Le Mans...

IMG_0371_zps19137b7b.jpg

IMG_0369_zps074b69ad.jpg

Used too heavy matting really, which made it hard to get into the corners, but not bad at all for a first attempt. Sidepanels came out great. :woohoo:

Stevie said:
Think perhaps it's slack in the linkage between the throttle bodies?
Not likely. Balance is independent of the TPS. Post if you uncover it though.

Back