• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

What did you do to your Moto Guzzi today?

figaro said:
Made a seat and sidepanels for the Le Mans...
Well done, now if you lose the rear fender, it'll be even better.

Brake pads renewed and everything I can think of checked over so bike booked in for it's mot (roadworthiness test) tomorrow! So long as it passes all I need to do is pay the road tax then I can actually get out and ride my new toy :cool:

I gave her a bath and attended to the grime, tar, spray and other assorted crap decorating those lovely primary exhaust pipes. They were a lovely hue of tarnished copper :( so I broke out the heavy duty arsenal of power drill, various polishing buffs and crèmes, cloths etc, whipped off the side covers and after a couple of hours... Hey presto :D
Oh, and fitted an R-Jays tail bag ;)

Attachments

• PA136038.JPG
    PA136038.JPG
    189 KB · Views: 654
  • PA136031.JPG
    PA136031.JPG
    352.9 KB · Views: 653
Beautiful job on those headers, matson. I don't mind the golden hue Griso pipes get when well flogged, but it pains me to see the mottled brown spots of baked on oil, bugs and road splatter. Your bike is proof that they can look like new with a little/lot of effort. Kudos. B)

Changed the headlamp bulb on the 1100 sport for a Philips xtreme power 100% more light allegedly, couldn't see diddly as it was on an unlit road so it can't be worse.
What a fiddly job, took me 40 mins, need the hands of a child to get in amongst the fairing struts, wiring, cables etc...
There is a rumour that they don't last long..........we'll see.

GT-Rx said:
Stevie said:
Think perhaps it's slack in the linkage between the throttle bodies?
Not likely. Balance is independent of the TPS. Post if you uncover it though.

I'm going with a bad O2 sensor. It runs like a champ now with the reflash, PC-V and AutoTune. Thanks for the great work Todd. :D

Fitted a Brembo radial master cylinder a few months ago = no mirror mount.
Well it pisses me off not knowing what is on my flank, so I purchased a pair of clutch/brake 'C' clamps with mirror posts from Ducati. Bugger! They are 8mm holes and my mirror stems are 10mm.

So I put up with a left mirror (in Australia) for 6 months. Been searching for mirrors to suit for a long time, found a pair today clearly marked 8mm. Get home and they have 10mm Allen bolts in the pack. Aaaarrrgghhhh!

Found two 8mm Allen bolts, ironically the spring washers for the 8mm bolts wedged in the hole in the mirror arm.

Yeah! I can see.

Had to fashion a new reservoir bracket, drew blood on the drill press but hey, it was a job well done. Now to ride.

Tightened the side stand (again - used Lock-Tite this time :angry: ), changed lube in the rear end and gear box. I was going to change oil as well but the filter wrench decided it did not want to remove the filter today. I'll try again on Monday since it's supposed to be raining a bit here then. New Bill Mayer saddle earlier this week - boy does it feel nice.

jdg

Did about a 100 mile lap of the hills after doing my 600 mile service a couple of weeks ago. The old girl found some new power above 5K RPM ??????? Thanks for not pulling me over. :lol:

DSC02453_zps25fbe358.jpg

Marc

Got rid of the black widow that was hiding in the battery compartment. Drained the tank and cleaned the petcock filter. Hopefully that will solve the fueling issue.

Completed the 50,000km service on my Breva 1100. Had to get the dealer to change the alternator belt because I couldn't get in to loosen the alternator. Did the rest myself.

2013-10-19-16-02-131.jpg

2013-10-21-09-12-28.jpg

Good to see I'm not the only one using tin foil for oil changes.
Almost as good as using it for tin hats.

Today I snuck her panniers out of storage to load them. Wednesday, I take her for a seven day jaunt down the GOR and surrounding areas.

Got rid of the black widow that was hiding in the battery compartment. Drained the tank and cleaned the petcock filter. Hopefully that will solve the fueling issue.

The black widow was causing fueling problems? Was he drinking a lot? ;)
Bare

Removed center stand from my 2012 Norge. It was a real pucker factor at times in the twisty sections.

SullZ said:
Removed center stand from my 2012 Norge. It was a real pucker factor at times in the twisty sections.

There's been plenty written here in the early days of the B11's. Raise the pipe a little by adjusting the bracket, cut the rubber stopper down and it should cure the problem.

Robert

SullZ said:
Roblatt said:
There's been plenty written here in the early days of the B11's. Raise the pipe a little by adjusting the bracket, cut the rubber stopper down and it should cure the problem. Robert

And if you're over 170 lbs with gear on, putting a real rear shock set up for your weight/specs, in addition to having zero center-stand bottoming issues, will give you much more confidence in the the bike, and a ride like you can't imagine. I have several options on the Store; http://guzzitech.com/store/category/16-suspension

I rode it :D and I pressed the go button for Todd's full fuelling kit (PCV/AT, ECU) and the airbox ring w/ BMC filter.
While I was in the store (online) I added the Centurion S to facilitate future home tune / servicing, TPS adjust etc :cool:
Feeling like a kid the night before xmas. :woohoo:
Looking forward to fitting the new toys and getting my geek on - just a bit.

I was going to take the Stelvio out this morning for a "dawn patrol" breakfast ride with a friend to our local hangout, but noticed that the clutch had WAAAAAAYYYY too much free play, so back in the garage it went and out the garage came my other bike. After I returned home, I was able to see the plunger pin position, and made a pretty major adjustment. All's well now! I'm just curious as to how suddenly the pin went out of adjustment...

lomax said:
Did about a 100 mile lap of the hills after doing my 600 mile service a couple of weeks ago. The old girl found some new power above 5K RPM ??????? Thanks for not pulling me over. :lol:

DSC02453_zps25fbe358.jpg

Marc
What kinda tail bag is that? Pretty small, not bad though. I would get it too.

Back