• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Pick up my first Guzzi on Monday-cannot wait!

ivan77

Just got it firing!
GT Contributor
Hi my name is Ivan and I live in Kent in the uk,after years of jap ownership(mainly Kawasaki's) I've finally gone for a Guzzi! I have always been interested in them but if I'm honest kept it to myself lol but the last year I've been looking seriously at them and trying to work out which one i would go for :D well I dwindled it down to a Norge or a Griso and have finally settled on the Griso 8v in Tenni green :D I will be setting off on my R1 on Monday morning heading to Nottingham to pick up my new bike and ride it back to Kent and I am beside myself with excitement.
I found GuzziTech earlier while at work and I've been looking at the site on and off since 230pm and I'm very impressed:) I've already found loads of information and tips for Guzzi ownership and will certainly be on here regularly looking for more:)
The Griso already has a Termignoni and a pcV oh and a RossoPuro oil cooler guard fitted.

All the best to you and your new Griso. Those Tenni green SE's are very pretty bikes. Check back in to let us know how you like it compared to the Japanese liter bikes you're coming off.

Congrats Ivan! hope you enjoy your new guzzi as much as I have enjoyed mine. If you like the V-twin feel I'm sure you will.

Congratulations Ivan,
Be prepared to be ostracised, ridiculed and made sport of by your friends who don't understand. I still cop it from some after 20 years but its OK, there are none so blind as those who will not see.

It's the delight and pleasure derived from the machine and the ride, measured in smiles per mile. Enjoy!

Oh, and be prepared to face the music ............................... "You said you were only going for a short ride"
But she'll get used to it.

Cheers

Picked up my first guzzi in 2009. You'll love it, I think Corsaitaliana in Hersham have a good reputation in the south.
A bit further for you are Haywards in Cambridge, also very good.
Opie oils (on-line) are good for ufi filters and 60w oil, also essential is a VDST for tuning, see threads here.
You'll have the tool box out a bit more than for the Kwack but they are now reliable and they're dead easy to work on.
Have fun!
Ray

Well I'm home and I can safely say I had a smile from the minute I left the bike shop and I'm still smiling now :D what a change from the R1 but a change for the good! I love it and as I just told my wife I've never ever enjoyed riding a bike as much as I've just enjoyed riding the Griso :D
It will take me a while to get used to as its a total change from what I'm used to,as in I haven't had the guts to chuck it hard into a corner yet but the sheer torque and the noise of the Termignoni blew my mind! Thank you for all your replies and gents I will defo be on here badgering you all for info and tech help as I've been stuck on jap bikes for 13years so need to swat up on the Guzzi.
I'm converted and I couldn't care less what my mates say as until you try something for yourself I don't believe you should have an opinion.
Very happy chubby bloke in Kent right now:)
:D

Oh God,

It happened again...
Again someone who is suddenly fallen in love with such a wonderful piece of machinery!
This will change your life, your mariage, the old life will never come back to you.
I hope it's going to live as it happened to me.
I always say...: maybe a Griso isn't the best bike, but it's the best for me... :mrgreen:
There always will be better bikes, but they probably doesn't fit you anymore.
You made a choice (a damn good one), another than just buying a motorcycle.
Love and tender your Griso, the Griso will give it back to you, :*
Have a lot of fun en enjoy life. B)

Ad B

Ad B
Fully endorse your sentiments mate, got my new Griso last week and just love the motorcycle.

May you have many happy years enjoying that bike mate.

Best Regards
Pete

Great pick up. Theres nothing better than the feeling of getting to pick up your first new bike. What kinda kawa did you have previously? The Griso is a great bike. I love the look of it, you don't find too many similar like it. However, I hope that they've finally gotten the tranny issues fixed. I know fo ra while thats why some people were trying to avoid them.

Be sure to post some pictures of the bike, i'm not sure if you've heard of this site but I shop with them quite regularly... when I can. http://www.motorcyclehouse.co.uk/ Ride safe !

Well we are a good few months down the line and my Tenni Griso has
Been faultless and after a visit to my friend Damion Bailey (race pace) it handles amazingly:) I am truly in love with the bike and the marque:)
In response to which kawasaki's I've had:zx6rg1-zrx1100-zrx1200R-zx7r-zx9r-z1000 and I had a few yams too-thunderace1000-R1 5 pw!
I've come to the conclusion that I got bored of inline 4's and I could not stop looking at Guzzi's old and new before finally settling on the Griso and thank God I did:)
Thank you all for the responses.

ahernandez74 said:
...........However, I hope that they've finally gotten the tranny issues fixed. I know fo ra while thats why some people were trying to avoid them.

Finally really? Tranny issues?
Got links of this?

Hi Ivan glad you're getting on well with your Guzzi :D How are you getting on for spares? I've found that some UK dealers can be a bit slow (to put it mildly ;) ) but the exception so far has been Corsa Italiana down in Hersham, every part bar 1 that I've wanted they've had in stock and the bit they didn't, the air filter side inlet rubbers, they got in less than a week :D
Maybe see you out on the road sometime-well when the weather warms up anyway lol!

Back